• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Sportsfeedia.com ‏@sportsfeedia · 59s
#Browns: The only #NFL team w fewer TD passes since 1999 is the #Texans (229). And the Texans didn't even exist for three of those years.

Interesting

Wes

venison crêpe
Man those teams that stocked up on picks are going to be loving this then.

giphy.gif

rando14

MRSA

Banned
So uh Dolphins fans; there are rumors that Philip Wheeler is gonna have to take a pay cut or get traded/cut.

I think he's getting some asinine amount of like 11 million guaranteed this season. Miami fucked up.

cajunator

Banned
So your diet over the past 36 hours has consisted of indian takeout, shawarma, in-n-out and breakfast burrito.

Kinda similar to mine actually. Its quite tolerable. Had some greek, then a giant burrito, then some chicken tikka masala and gulab jamun.

MechDX

Can't wait for the Rbs

Ben Tate makes even more sense for the Browns to sign than before. Shanahans system is very similar to Kubiaks. Tate knows the one cut and go design of the ZBS and he is also more of a power guy that Arian is. Would do well in the colder weather in Cleveland.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 6m
Manziel on meeting the #Texans last night. "It was good to see Mr. Smith again and meet Coach O'Brien for the first time. It was good."

I swear squicken if the Texans draft Manziel Im moving to the Rams!

Ben Tate makes even more sense for the Browns to sign than before. Shanahans system is very similar to Kubiaks. Tate knows the one cut and go design of the ZBS and he is also more of a power guy that Arian is. Would do well in the colder weather in Cleveland.
For the right price maybe, I'm not convinced he can stay healthy for a whole season. No matter what we'll still need to draft a guy.

DMczaf

Tim Wright is a nice young receiving TE as well, could be a lot of nice weapons for Glennon especially with the return of doug martin

We need to upgrade our o-line badly, though. Glennon was getting CRUSHED in the final stretch of games. He's not a scrambler, he needs a pocket.

JABEE

I wonder how much of this Bills Byrd stuff is just talk? Will they actually franchise tag him, or are they just using this as leverage to try to make him cave/trade his rights to another team?

Will they actually bring him into the season with the tag? Will other teams take the bait and offer up high pick-based compensation along with his salary or is this just a game?

I'm sure the Browns want a QB, but If you could line-up Sammy Watkins, Josh Gordon, with Cameron at TE, that would be a nightmare. Hoyer would look good throwing to those guys. Draft a guy to develop.

squicken

I wonder how much of this Bills Byrd stuff is just talk? Will they actually franchise tag him, or are they just using this as leverage to try to make him cave/trade his rights to another team?

Will they actually bring him into the season with the tag? Will other teams take the bait and offer up high pick-based compensation along with his salary or is this just a game?

They will no doubt tag him. If he doesn't sign it they can always pull the tag later if they don't want to risk it. It just seems like Byrd wants to test the market, and BUF isn't going to get nothing if he goes

Sammy and Tavon would be 4.34 novelty acts on STL

JABEE

AJ Green ran a 4.5.

Benjamin impressed me in the way he is able to get yards after the catch, but that may be just due to facing college corners and safeties who can't tackle. He's huge though. I don't think him running that slow is a big deal. I hope he falls into the 2nd round, so the Eagles can scoop him up.

AJ Green ran a 4.5.

Benjamin impressed me in the way he is able to get yards after the catch, but that may be just due to facing college corners and safeties who can't tackle. He's huge though. I don't think him running that slow is a big deal. I hope he falls into the 2nd round, so the Eagles can scoop him up.

Nope Oakland should grab him.

AJ Green ran a 4.5.

AJ Green never had a hands problem.

I think Benjamin is going to be the guy for the Steelers. What worries me is his hands. From what i've seen of him he drops a lot of balls in traffic. He says he was looking upfield before securing, which is coachable. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if he had burner speed but as it stands I think he's going to have to fight for a lot of balls unless he is taught to run crisp routes, which he doesn't do now. I like what he does but I keep getting flashbacks...

The Legend of Limas Sweed - The NFL Receiver who couldn't catch.

I've read this article a few time and it still hurts. Mainly because the guy was so freaking good at getting open. But he just

Could

sddrop.gif

Not

bal02.gif

Catch

cintd2.gif

Odell Beckham Jr.
davidsternehhhh.png

Too bad, Brandon Lafell's consistent mediocrity has left a bad taste in my mouth for LSU wideouts (like how Dwayne Jarrett ruined USC wideouts for me)

Brandin Cooks
obamahmmw.png

He certainly looks like he could fit in 89's shoes in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom