• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiders bringing back Khalif Barnes. Another big move by Reggie lol

Nah he's a solid depth guy, can play 4 positions on the line and was pretty decent last year.

BhmGvytCcAENst_.jpg

squicken

You guys are so excited about the mock draft we are doing that we'll knock out the next 5 tonight, but let's finish with the Raiders discussion, if anyone has anything

1. Texans-Bortles -> BoB needs a QB and will let him learn
2. Rams-Robinson -> Fisher finally realizes offense matters
3. Jags-Clowney -> Org gun shy from Gabbert, go BPA
4. Browns-JFF -> give in to peer pressure, cancel trade
5. Raiders-Watkins-> Can't pass the best WR prospect since Julio and AJ

I think Davis and Reggie go for the dynamic player on the board. Could go Bridgewater but I am trusting Reggie to know he is more than a QB away on offense

You guys are so excited about the mock draft we are doing that we'll knock out the next 5 tonight, but let's finish with the Raiders discussion, if anyone has anything

I think Davis and Reggie go for the dynamic player on the board. Could go Bridgewater but I am trusting Reggie to know he is more than a QB away on offense

Yeah but QB is the most Important piece, who is going to throw to watkins??

squicken

Yeah but QB is the most Important piece, who is going to throw to watkins??

The Texans and Browns have WRs and OLs in place to help a young QB. Oakland has neither. It would be the exact same thing that happened to Couch, Carr and Bradford. You're begging to have them fail

Jags took Bridgewater not Clowney Squick. Or s that your updated mock?

Round 1

Houston - Blake Bortles
St. Louis (Traded from WAS) - Greg Robinson
Jacksonville - Teddy Bridgewater
Cleveland - Johnny Manziel
Oakland - Jadaveon Clowney
Atlanta -
Tampa Bay
Minnesota
Buffalo
Detroit
Tennessee
New York Giants
St. Louis
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Baltimore
New York Jets
Miami
Arizona
Green Bay
Philadelphia
Kansas City
Cincinnati
San Diego
Cleveland (Traded from IND)
New Orleans
Carolina
New England
San Francisco
Denver
Seattle

Jadeveon Clowney s still available.

squicken

Yeah I am trying to stay in the spirit of things and let people who know more about their team's inform my opinion, so I'm changing it on the fly. Once we've done all 32 we'll all lock in. And by "we all" I mean you and me

cdyhybrid

Round 1

Houston - Blake Bortles
Oakland
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Minnesota
Buffalo
Detroit
Tennessee
New York Giants
St. Louis
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Baltimore
New York Jets
Miami
Arizona
Green Bay
Philadelphia
Kansas City
Cincinnati
San Diego
New Orleans
Carolina
New England
San Francisco
Denver
Seattle

Jadeveon Clowney s still available.

Clowney

Funny thing is Ellerbee would be better in a 3-4 as well. Soliai would be a solid NT. Problem is Coyle's still around and the Dolphins have way more talent at DL than LB. Also not sure how Wake would do as a 3-4 DE.

I'd have more faith in Wake getting it together and having Jordan be the next JT then giving it all up and sticking with the 4-3, with Soliai I think we can be a great 3-4 defense especially having Grimes back (hopefully) with Clemons and Jones, we would be missing a few pieces (CB/LB) and playing who we have to their strengths.

squicken

On to Atlanta. On my board, Teddy is still available. with Minnesota and TB both behind them, they'd love to trade down and still get Mathews. But they can't risk losing him to TB if they trade with MIN, so they keep the pick and draft their LT who can play all over the line

6 Atlanta-Mathews -> Need and value intersect for a team desperate for OL help

squicken

This is an interesting post on why defensive coaches may prefer a scrambling QB while offensive coaches do not. He thinks it has to do with coaches getting credit. But I think it is more that offensive coaches always believe their system will work if everyone does their job, while defensive coaches recognize that nothing ruins a defensive plan like a QB who doesn't do what they thought he would do

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...g-draft-observations-by-an-exnfl-player-scout

On to Atlanta. On my board, Teddy is still available. with Minnesota and TB both behind them, they'd love to trade down and still get Mathews. But they can't risk losing him to TB if they trade with MIN, so they keep the pick and draft their LT who can play all over the line

6 Atlanta-Mathews -> Need and value intersect for a team desperate for OL help

No way Atlanta risks Matthews after missing Clowney. Matthews is the pick.

You guys playing along at home please continue to update your individual mocks. Remember, you can change whatever you want but when you submit it its locked in.

Round 1

Houston - Blake Bortles
Atlanta - Jake Matthews
Tampa Bay -
Minnesota
Buffalo
Detroit
Tennessee
New York Giants
St. Louis
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Baltimore
New York Jets
Miami
Arizona
Green Bay
Philadelphia
Kansas City
Cincinnati
San Diego
New Orleans
Carolina
New England
San Francisco
Denver
Seattle

cdyhybrid

You guys playing along at home please continue to update your individual mocks. Remember, you can change whatever you want but when you submit it its locked in.

Round 1

Houston - Blake Bortles
Atlanta - Jake Matthews
Tampa Bay -
Minnesota
Buffalo
Detroit
Tennessee
New York Giants
St. Louis
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Baltimore
New York Jets
Miami
Arizona
Green Bay
Philadelphia
Kansas City
Cincinnati
San Diego
New Orleans
Carolina
New England
San Francisco
Denver
Seattle

Watkins?

squicken

Speaking of Macks, I think Alex is going to break the bank. Tag for OL is like $12m, b/c it doesn't account for guard or tackle or center. No way they will tag him at that, but so many teams have money and need OL. Why wouldn't he test the market? Error by Banner on that one. His value was evident

Speaking of Macks, I think Alex is going to break the bank. Tag for OL is like $12m, b/c it doesn't account for guard or tackle or center. No way they will tag him at that, but so many teams have money and need OL. Why wouldn't he test the market? Error by Banner on that one. His value was evident
It really appeared banner was prepared to let Mack walk without much of a fight, glad farmer is trying to keep him

cdyhybrid

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 49s
Here are the cap consequences if the Dolphins were to trade Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace, and/or Cameron Wake http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qfC

For Wallace (pictured), who signed a five-year, $60 million contract last year, a trade before June 1 would result in an immediate cap charge of $8.8 million, which represents the remainder of his $11 million signing bonus. However, the Dolphins also would avoid responsibility for a fully-guaranteed base salary of $15 million in 2014. (Yes, the Dolphins are paying Wallace $15 million fully guaranteed this year.)

As to Wake, trading him before June 1 would trigger a $4.2 million cap charge. His base salary of $5.82 million would be avoided.

The biggest cap consequence would come from trading Jordan before June 1. The move would cause a $10 million charge to hit the cap — with a savings of only $1.34 million in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom