• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...eets-183612376.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

Texans cheerleader promises to attend prom with high school offensive lineman if he can get 10,000 retweets

He got the 10k.
7e3a7630-a0a7-11e3-a447-2b8a6f468e61_Texans.jpg

Lucky bastard

squicken

1. Texans-Bortles -> BoB needs a QB and will let him learn

2. Rams-Robinson -> Fisher finally realizes offense matters

3. Jags-Clowney -> Org gun shy from Gabbert, go BPA

4. Browns-JFF -> give in to peer pressure, cancel trade

5. Raiders-Watkins-> Can't pass the best WR prospect since Julio and AJ

6 Atlanta-Mathews -> Need and value intersect for a team desperate for OL help

7 Tampa-Bridgewater -> Finally comes off the board

Mike Glennon isn't Lovie's guy, and his 2013 season is a bit overrated b/c of the good half vs SEA. TB gets their QB of the future

effzee

Maclin said he wants to do a long term deal by midseason. He said the Eagles offered him a 5-year deal, and he knows he's in the Eagles long-term future. They just couldn't agree on a long term deal right now.

He said Philadelphia feels like home. He said that the Cooper situation could have went bad in other locker rooms, but he feels like the team likes each other, and that everyone has forgiven Cooper.

Sounds good. They should both know by then if its working and if he is back healthy 100%.

What are the thoughts on Aaron Murray in here? And fuck it I'm gonna give Mettenberger a chance and check out some games. Jimmy G is still a guy a like though, that has some potential.

MechDX

What are the thoughts on Aaron Murray in here? And fuck it I'm gonna give Mettenberger a chance and check out some games. Jimmy G is still a guy a like though, that has some potential.
I keep seeing Murray compared to Drew Brees. Don't know if its true but I vee seen it a few times.

squicken

Murray is a backup. Chase Daniel 2.0. In the right system he can win a couple of games a year in spot starts

Mettenberger is so slow of foot, even before his injury. He drops back slow, he hands off slow, and God forbid he runs. Watch Tom Brady drop back. He's not athletic but he moves with purpose. Mettenberger just lumbers backwards

MechDX

Murray is a backup. Chase Daniel 2.0. In the right system he can win a couple of games a year in spot starts

Mettenberger is so slow of foot, even before his injury. He drops back slow, he hands off slow, and God forbid he runs. Watch Tom Brady drop back. He's not athletic but he moves with purpose. Mettenberger just lumbers backwards

I know a QB like that!

I must admit I know nothing about Tampa's needs, but I doubt highly they go wideout with Lovie there. Forecasting Buffalo's going Watkins. No way Minny spends back to back #1s on a receiver.

Greg looks so wholesome.

Then you hear about the sadomasochistic obsession with hot sauce and the metal music addition and you know that ninja hiding dead bodies in the cellar.

Hannibal returns tonight!

Those with distinguished taste and right mindedness know to tune in at 10pm. Those that don't fall under one of these categories are missing out on one of the best shows on TV.

Syrinx

May go CB if they release or trade Revis. Need OL help badly. Lewan could be the guy too

We need help on the line, but more on the interior. Donald Penn didn't have a great season at LT this year, but PFF still had a positive ranking for him, and Demarr Dotson had a very good year at RT. I can't see them going Lewan given the way he seems to be falling down draft boards. Maybe Matthews if he's available.

I don't see them going with a WR in the 1st round either; in this class, a 2nd or 3rd round receiver would be more advisable. I could see them going Justin Gilbert if they trade Revis. What they need most right now is a pass rush, so if they don't. I'm leaning toward Khalil Mack if he's still available, where he'll play on the opposite side of Lavonte David, which would make a sick OLB crew. If he isn't, I could see them potentially going Kony Ealy, if they determine him to be a proper 4-3 DE, or even Timmy Jernigan, and have him be the 1-technique guy next to Gerald McCoy. Generally, anybody who can help McCoy along the defensive line, since it's pretty much him and a bunch of average-at-best players. I hope Adrian Clayborn can have a breakout year, but until then, the Bucs need to invest more on the D-line.

Edit; think I confused Lewan with Kouandjio with the falling down draft boards thing. Still think they go defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom