• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but they're not in the same draft. Jordan did absolutely jack shit his rookie year. Any team who gave up a 1st for him when the Dolphins have zero leverage are crazy.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...stats-pass-rushing-productivity-edge-rushers/

It makes it a lot easier to write this paragraph when a rookie stands out for the pressure he consistently gets only this year there was no Von Miller or Aldon Smith who took the league by storm in Year 1, with the highest rookie finishing 41st in terms of productivity. That man was Dion Jordan and he only just qualified after rushing the passer 201 times as he was limited to an obvious passing down role.
He barely saw the field and he still outperformed the other rookies. Olivier Vernon had a breakout season, Jordan came in recovering from a shoulder injury, and he missed a ton of offseason stuff because he was finishing up his school stuff at Oregon. Plus, on top of all of that, he's playing in the wrong system in Miami.

Trying to downplay his potential based on his rookie season is ridiculous.

Darren Sharper has turned himself in to the police:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...ice-on-new-rape-charges/#.UxCcvhQtWhw.twitter

Former NFL safety Darren Sharper was being held without bail Friday after surrendering to police on a warrant for rape charges issued out of Louisiana.

New Orleans police allege Sharper sexually assaulted two women there in 2013, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The former NFL star is also a suspect in a two local rape cases.

Prior to surrendering Thursday night, Sharper was free on $1 million bail after pleading not guilty to charges of drugging and raping two women he met in at Bootsy Bellows, a West Hollywood nightclub.

The alleged incidents took place in October 2013 and January of this year, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office said.

The 38-year-old, who was initially arrested on Jan. 17, is charged with two counts of rape by use of drugs, four counts of furnishing a controlled substance and one count of possession of a controlled substance, all felonies.

Considering the 17 million cap hit for Wallace I'm starting to think LaCanfora is full of shit.

Wow his contract is crazy. 27 million guaranteed, with 24 mil in dead money. They could spread it out over 2 years, but still pretty tough pill to swallow.

If a team trades for him they will only have to pay his base of 15 mil, and I'm guessing would restructure, but dolphins still on the hook for all that dead money.

effzee

I heard that on the radio today, that the hold up is Maclin wants a one year prove it deal, but the Eagles are insisting on a multi-year deal for low money. Weird you normally see it go the other way.

Makes sense for Maclin. He probably feels like at his age and what he has already done he can be a top 10 WR in the league for a good 5-7 years but this last year cost him the chance to show that and earn the money.

Either way I just want him back. Get it done Eagles.

Maclin + DJAX + Cooper + Ertz + Celek + Casey (?) + Rookie WR is a pretty lethal line up even without a height advantage. Especially when you factor in McCoy and the OLINE.

On the rumors for Jordan...I'd do it! Unless the Eagles really love another DE/OLB who they think will fall or will be available at 22 and is ranked higher in estimation than Jordan I don't see why they wouldn't. Tremendous value, 1 year under the belt, and he would be playing in the 3-4 which suits him far more. Plus already played for Chip.

Eagles were going to pick him last year if he was available at their pick. To have him and Lane Johnson from the same draft would be amazing. Get me Ward or Byrd in FA and I think we would have the best shot to win the division again.

EDIT: YES!!! RETURN OF THE MAClin

NOW GET MY BYRD WARD AND D. JORDAN HOWIE!

Wow his contract is crazy. 27 million guaranteed, with 24 mil in dead money. They could spread it out over 2 years, but still pretty tough pill to swallow.

If a team trades for him they will only have to pay his base of 15 mil, and I'm guessing would restructure, but dolphins still on the hook for all that dead money.

Which is why it doesn't make sense that they would be willing to trade him and if they were that's a really hard sell.

Which is why it doesn't make sense that they would be willing to trade him and if they were that's a really hard sell.
Maybe it's just a situation where Hickey made some off-handed remark about how he's willing to look at doing anything to improve the team and no one is safe or whatever. You know, typical new GM type stuff. I could see the media taking that and running with it.

Incoming Tannehill trade rumors...

That said, it wouldn't shock me to see him deal some guys. They aren't "his" guys, after all.

effzee

Whoa Broncos? They must know Decker won't be back.

Jets would have made a whole lot of sense. Marty Morneigngighghfjd, the former Eagles OC with Reid, is the Jets OC. I bet they would have paid much more too.

But I do remember Maclin telling people he preferred to stay in Philly above all and would only leave if the Eagles really did him dirty.

Colasante

I'm glad Jeremy Maclin resigned with the Eagles. I was really worried he'd go to the Broncos and have a monster year. The Eagles are having a great offseason so far.

effzee

Brandon Graham and a 3rd rounder for Dion Jordan? You think that is enough?

Like I said, even the #22 pick straight up is enough IMO.

Unless you really think someone like Barr or a top 10 talent who they rank higher at the DE/LB position is going to fall or be there at 22. Or if they really want to just wait and see whoever the BPA is left at 22. If they go need based, Safety would be the top priority but everything I am reading says while guys like Pryor might go in the first they aren't necessarily sure shots. I rather not take the risk, trade for Jordan, and hope Pryor or similar guys fall to the 2nd round. Or really make a run at Byrd or Ward.

Feel bad for Graham. He finally is healthy and flashed in Reid's last season but now is playing completely out of position in the 3-4 as a LB.

effzee

I'm glad Jeremy Maclin resigned with the Eagles. I was really worried he'd go to the Broncos and have a monster year. The Eagles are having a great offseason so far.

Yeah rewarding the guys already on the team. Peters, Kelce, and now Maclin.

Still need to find a kicker and like its been said a million times 2 starting caliber safeties.

Maclin contract worth a maximum of 6 million dollars. 3.5 million guaranteed.

Not bad. Good for him. Hope he destroys defenses playing in this offense.

Last training camp when he went down I thought the Eagles would completely suck without him. So excited to see Chip use him now.

Eagles sign Jeremy Maclin to a one-year deal, per Schefter.

Wow, I really didnt think the Eagles would be the ones to back down. Hopefully he stays healthy and has a great season. He has been really good when healthy but he always gets some nagging injury that slows him down every year. I see that it is only $3.5m guaranteed, that is not bad at all.

rando14

To frustrate us like Marshall and Ginn used too? lol anyways I'm going to a Cuban restaurant with some co-workers, I'm getting a cuban sandwich, some fried yucca and some beer, fuck eating healthy.

iCXNzQ1w5QLpn.gif

You're good people, trejo

Boss told me he will be chatting with the VP of my department on Monday about moving me from consultant to full time hire.

Trying to not get my hopes up, budgeting and what not, but this would be a massive career boost. At least I know I'll be around going forward!

rando14

Boss told me he will be chatting with the VP of my department on Monday about moving me from consultant to full time hire.

Trying to not get my hopes up, budgeting and what not, but this would be a massive career boost. At least I know I'll be around going forward!

Good luck man!!

Seahawks release Red Bryant. I expect the Patriots to try and get him. They almost signed him the last time he was a free agent.

Red noooooooo :(

Greg

good luck man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom