• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1

Houston - Clowney (Bortles isn't even close to being NFL ready.)
St. Louis - (Traded from WAS) - Greg Robinson (Assuming they can't trade down, which I don't think they will be able to)
Jacksonville - Teddy Bridgewater (Desperate need for QB and Teddy will start day one for them. Won't take a chance on JFF, imo.)
Cleveland - Watkins (Can't see them passing on him if he's there)
Minnesota (Via Oak) - Johnny Fuckin Football. (Rick Speilman pulls the trigger on the trade to get his QB who matches up well against the lack of defenses in the NFC North)
Atlanta - Jake Matthews (Need help on the o-line, will take precedence over D if Matthews is still there)
Tampa Bay - Khalil Mack (Lovie gets an edge rusher to complement McCoy)
Oakland (via MIN) Aaron Donald (Might be a little high, but penetrating DT's don't come along very often. Also so many holes and needs, I really have no clue what the pick will be)
Buffalo - Eric Ebron (Bills get a big target for EJ, who along with Johnson and Spiller gives them a lot of weapons)
Detroit - Marqise Lee (Lions make Lee the second WR taken, who is much more polished than Evans and will complement Megatron well)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
To be more accurate, noone new is coming in until we expand the prison or if we have open slots due to someone leaving on parole, getting released, escaping, or dying.

I'm also going to need more bios at some point. So if anyone wants to contribute, once again here's the list of names I currently have that need something written:

ConradCervantes
KaYotiX
TheArtfulDodger
Vyer
cdyhybrid
Alligatorjandro
bionic77
Lunchbox
Jason "jakncoke" Bay
Big Baybee
MrBob
LJ11
Ninja Scooter
Sanjuro
Tamanon
NomarTyme
vas_a_morir
Squall ASF
Konka
tmdorsey
pelicansurf
Narag
Grover Cleveland
Bowser
sf2fanatic
Chanhuk
Matrix
BannedEpisode
rando14
DeaconKnowledge
snes

squicken

1. Texans-Bortles -> BoB needs a QB and will let him learn

2. Rams-Robinson -> Fisher finally realizes offense matters

3. Jags-Clowney -> Org gun shy from Gabbert, go BPA

4. Browns-JFF -> give in to peer pressure, cancel trade

5. Raiders-Watkins-> Can't pass the best WR prospect since Julio and AJ

6 Atlanta-Mathews -> Need and value intersect for a team desperate for OL help

7 Tampa-Bridgewater -> Finally comes off the board

8 TEN (via MIN)-Lewan -> TEN needs to replace their tackles, and Whiz makes sure to get help there

I think MIN wants a CB, but it's too early, so they slide back to 11 and TEN gets the OT they need

9 Rams (via BUF) -> Bills wanted OL help and now will look to later round options. Fisher gets the big WR he knows he needs

If they want to make they get Evans, they know they have to get ahead of DET. Snagging Robinson and Evans is a huge coup for a team that needs impact players

10 DET-Dennard -> Lions need corners and he is the one I know. I'll probably change this as people chime in on who the best ones are

Colasante

Mike Evans to the Lions. I think they could take Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard as well, but I'm not sure either are worth top 10 picks. Evans definitely is. It's a deep class for wide receivers, but adding Evans would give the Lions a good chance of developing the best wide receiver duo in the league.

minx

Salary cap projected to rise to about $133 million this year, expected to break $140 million next year and $150 million by 2016, per source
--Schefer

So can the Raiders even hit cap floor?

See that Cutler deal wasn't that bad after all. Right guys? Guys?

Sign those extensions now because players are going to want a lot more money soon. I think the Bears extend Marshall this summer.

Also Pitta at 5 years 32 million makes the M Bennet aka Black Unicorn 4 year 20 million look a lot better.

Garza also signed for 1 year 1.5 million. All 11 starters return to the Bears 2nd highest scoring offense from last year.

Da Bears

WedgeX

Banned
To be more accurate, noone new is coming in until we expand the prison or if we have open slots due to someone leaving on parole, getting released, escaping, or dying.

I'm also going to need more bios at some point. So if anyone wants to contribute, once again here's the list of names I currently have that need something written:

MrBob

bio: Betrayed Arnold Schwarzenegger, amazingly ended up in prison instead of skewered by a pipe.

And Xia, how addicting is Prison Architect? I've been contemplating it the past few days.

10 DET-Dennard -> Lions need corners and he is the one I know. I'll probably change this as people chime in on who the best ones are

I don't know about best, but the Lions have historically shied away from taking University of Michigan and Michigan State players. Gilbert is bigger, and didn't benefit from constantly playing big10 teams. Detroit has taken approximately six cornerbacks the past two years in the draft, gives me a sinking feeling. Are there any top 15 safety types?

Bhpws_HIcAA4FS-.jpg

JFF to the Patriots confirmed

Sanjuro

Glad you got out! You must be Portuguese also.

New Bedford is awesome if you're into old rundown textile mills, whaling ports, and strip malls that used to be "Ames".

I wouldn't say I got out. Still love the area.

Nailed it on the nationality. It's still common, but certainly more diverse around there now. Used to be if you were from there it was pretty much a 99% certainty that you had some blood in you.

ShaneB

10 days till the new league year and free agency. Teams can start workouts on April 21st but teams with new head coaches can start April 7.

I was gonna post this same thing! Gotta break it down! The draft is so far away! Free Agency is so close!

From all this draft stuff on NFLN you'd think it was next week or something.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wouldn't say I got out. Still love the area.

Nailed it on the nationality. It's still common, but certainly more diverse around there now. Used to be if you were from there it was pretty much a 99% certainty that you had some blood in you.

Well the area certainly has its charms. I don't remember it being very commercialized at all due to the lack of "restaurant roads" you find on the main drags of most cities. I also enjoyed a lot of the local pizzerias and their chicken parmesan subs.

Only 67 days till the draft!

Over six months until the season starts!

squicken

• The NFL competition committee is meeting in Naples, Fla., starting this weekend and one of the items the committee is likely to act on is toughening up defensive holding rules. Sources say the committee already has discussed defensive holding, and many people in the league are not happy with how lax enforcement of the rule has become. It is possible the committee will not change the rules but recommend making defensive holding a point of emphasis. The thinking is not enough calls are made, so teams like the Seahawks keep pushing the envelope.

Same article as the Amendola note. Dynasty over before it began

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom