• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

connor-barwin-antonio-smith.jpg

..............got damn hipster....

THAT'S MY LB!!!1

Relevant part for Eagles fans :

It’s no coincidence that those strictly run linemen groups were two of the most close-knit and successful position groups on the team. It sounds like a small thing, but when you can’t remember to turn your phone off in a meeting, maybe you won’t remember whether you’re supposed to drop into coverage on either the second or third receiver on the most important play of the game. When I got to the Eagles last year, I spoke to my former Texans teammate DeMeco Ryans and others about what went wrong with Philly’s disastrous 4-12 campaign in 2012. The team lacked cohesion, guys didn’t care about their teammates, guys were undisciplined. In other words the locker room went wrong. We began to put systems in place. Linebacker dinner every Thursday night became mandatory. Cell phones were put away. We broke bread together, got to know each other outside of football. Trust was earned. We started to form that bond.

squicken

I loved JFF. I defended him the whole time.

But he's dead to me now. That bastard can rot in Cleveland.

Boston Red Sox @RedSox
Johnny Football in the house to meet w/ Wounded Warriors & Fenway Sports Management partners.

BhpvUzPIAAA7Ddh.jpg

That monster!
Hey Squicken- Titans need more than tackles. We need a new line. Maybe Jacob can play a full season

Signed Levitre and drafted Warmack. Onto the OTs with Lewan. Figure Whiz won't want the same issues he had all those years in AZ

squicken

There’s a theory in league circles that, this time around, other teams want Revis more than his current team wants to trade him. While the $16 million cap figure remains a lot to allocate to a cornerback who prefers playing full-time man-to-man in a system that relies heavily on zone coverage, the sense is that the chatter is coming from teams that would pay the amount for a year or two as part of an all-in effort to win a Super Bowl.

The speculation has centered most prominently on the Patriots and Broncos. Both teams have aging franchise quarterbacks who have managed to contend but not conquer in recent years. Both teams are running out of chances to finish the job.

For New England, paying Revis a $1.5 million roster bonus, a $1.5 million workout bonus, and a $13 million base salary could be a much more desirable alternative than giving a big-money, multi-year deal to Aqib Talib. Thanks to Aaron Hernandez, the Patriots would be taking a huge risk by making a big investment in another player with a history of off-field trouble. With the market for Talib believed to be more robust this year than last, the Pats likely won’t be able to pull off another one-year, $5 million can-kicking contract.

Enter Revis. With Tom Brady’s 2013 contract extension giving him $30 million up front but giving the team a more manageable cap profile, the Patriots could absorb the pay-as-you-go Revis contract, for 2014 and maybe 2015. The boost to the defense would justify the addition, and the ability to stick it to the Jets would be icing on the cake.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...uld-be-trying-to-shake-revis-free-from-tampa/

MechDX

THAT'S MY LB!!!1

Relevant part for Eagles fans :

So basically if it wasn't for the Texans you were shit? Got it!

So I'm at this Blue and Gold Boy Scout thing with my son and damn they beat religion over your head here. Why do grown men in boy scout uniforms look like dweebs?

Bread

Banned
If they release Vince they got 8m to work with. Honestly if he doesn't restructure that's what I'd do. 10M cap hit coming of an Achilles at his age and weight. I don't think so.
if he doesn't restructure i'd be really disappointed, but i'd be even more disappointed if we released him. i'd hate to see him in another uniform.

Tom Penny

if he doesn't restructure i'd be really disappointed, but i'd be even more disappointed if we released him. i'd hate to see him in another uniform.

Unfortunately his impact to the team and salary don't come close to evening out at this point. I also don't think he wants to leave so we will see.

Colasante

Unfortunately his impact to the team and salary don't come close to evening out at this point. I also don't think he wants to leave so we will see.

We saw his impact to the team last year. They had a disastrous run defense until Siliga helped make it merely bad. I'd like an extension with Wilfork, and don't think it's impossible for him to be cut, but I don't think cutting him would actually benefit the team in any way. It's certainly hard to say how effective he'll remain coming off his injury, but I'd rather take 75% of Wilfork with the other DTs spelling him than 100% of Siliga, Kelly, and Armstead. Besides, what are they going to do with an extra $8 million? Make a run at Eric Decker?

Tom Penny

We saw his impact to the team last year. They had a disastrous run defense until Siliga helped make it merely bad. I'd like an extension with Wilfork, and don't think it's impossible for him to be cut, but I don't think cutting him would actually benefit the team in any way. It's certainly hard to say how effective he'll remain coming off his injury, but I'd rather take 75% of Wilfork with the other DTs spelling him than 100% of Siliga, Kelly, and Armstead. Besides, what are they going to do with an extra $8 million? Make a run at Eric Decker?

I disagree. Teams aren't going to keep beating the Pats next year running on them. Pass D / Pass rush / pussy non aggressive defensive approach has been the problem. I'm totally in the camp that a team is better with an average running game and run D with a good pass D than the opposite. Teams are well known to abandon the run fast...Pats being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom