• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Belichek<--> Bill O'Brien
Tom Brady<--> Teddy Bridgewater

It all makes sense! You know what you must do Rick!

Media-Day-2012-Bill-OBriens-first-day.jpg

When I first saw the thumbnail of this picture I thought he had a Goatee.

omg this blows my mind. Players can be lots of things and succeed in the NFL, but they can't be scared. He plays scared. Biggest thing about any QB is not shitting his pants when things go bad. Carr shits his pants all the damn time

Can't say I noticed that. Do you have some examples? He looked bad against USC and was playing injured, but throughout the year, I don't think he was afraid to take a hit as much as being indecisive or flustered at times. Bortles who everyone is big on has the same problem, he doesn't handle pressure well at all. Carr also had a terrible line and they never ran the ball to take any pressure off of him. Defenses knew he was gonna throw the ball 90% of the time.

Here he is against San Jose State, a game they lost, and he makes some great throws under pressure and escapes the pocket a couple times for runs as well. I think his mobility and athleticism are underrated.

People also forget he played in a pro-style system under center his first couple years so has that experience to help him transition and is on the same level as Teddy in terms of work ethic and preparation.

All these QBs have question marks tho, so it won't surprise me if teams let them drop to the 2nd and later rounds before taking a shot on them.

Bleacher report, but here's a good article from Gabriel who thinks they could fall as well.

I'd love to see some of the deals the Raiders hand out to reach that Salary Floor.

I could be wrong, but I think it's over a 4 year period that started last year, so we can be under it 1 or 2 years without getting penalized as long as the 4 year average is high enough.

From NFL.com

Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
March 1: Ebron wants to play for Giants
Ebron singled out the Giants as the team he would most want to be drafted by, telling fansided.com that he has been a Giants fan since he was young and that "it would be an honor" to play for them. Ebron cemented himself as a first-round pick after the NFL Scouting Combine, according to NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt. The Giants have the 12th pick, but tight end is not among their top priorities, according to NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah.

Do it, Jerry. FFS, he even grew up a Giants fan. It is destined!!

squicken

Bleacher report, but here's a good article from Gabriel who thinks they could fall as well.

I actually watched that Carr vs Fales game. First half was nuts. Carr looks the part and has the athleticism and the arm

I read that one, and thought it was interesting. I don't have the B/R issue everyone else has. They have some good writers. The list stuff is lame but who reads that stuff anyway?

Perhaps it is the memory of his brother that has created a bias, but when I watch Carr I see a guy who just wants to get rid of the ball as fast as he can. Like he's holding a hand grenade. And I'm with you on Bortles. I don't see it either. All these guys have flaws, and a strong case can be made that Watkins + Carr is better than JFF/Teddy + 2nd round WR

Congrats man!

I'm expecting a snow day so I don't have to go into work on monday.

Snow day in LA would bring about the apocalypse, so I won't get that lucky :( but with mid term on Wednesday I can use this extra time

I wonder how often Gata's kin has told him the same thing...

It's very common to court a family member down in Florida so I suspect he gets rejected a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom