• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

You people.

mwv9LO3.gif

cdyhybrid

So ASJ had his surgery to stabilize the stress fracture in his foot on Friday...they expect he'll be out for 8 weeks, which means he probably misses UW's Pro Day April 2nd. Apparently he was playing with it all last season. SMH UW trainers dropping the ball on that one.

Colasante

ESPN's Calvin Watkins thinks the Cowboys might consider trading CB Morris Claiborne this offseason. I don't know if Jerry will admit failure on a high draft pick this quickly, but it is intriguing. I think the Cardinals should inquire about him; playing with former LSU teammates Patrick Peterson and the Honey Badger could help resurrect his career.

cdyhybrid

Seattle Times' Seahawks blog talks with OverTheCap.com about Seahawks' cap situation

Highlights:

In theory they could probably keep both (tight end Zach) Miller and (defensive end Chris) Clemons and make things work, but I would imagine that they would also view both as too expensive on the current deals.

Seattle does not have too much money tied up in the future — their cap is around $76 million in 2015 — so there should be room to take care of (Russell) Wilson, (Russell) Okung, (Richard) Sherman, and (Earl) Thomas over the next two years, especially since they can stagger some of that by extending Sherman and Thomas now.

I wouldn’t expect (Golden) Tate to be that expensive. The Eagles just grabbed Riley Cooper at $4.5 million a year and I would think the two are somewhat comparable in terms of value. If they think (Percy) Harvin will play a similar role, they may also play hardball with Tate since they are already in with Harvin.

My gut feeling is that this is a Clemons or Bennett decision rather than a Clemons and Bennett situation, but if they want to operate tight on their cap for this year they could keep both if they want. They could always restructure Percy Harvin for cap relief, but considering he has been hurt for the last two years I would not think they want to touch his contract and move more dead money to future years.

cdyhybrid

Todd McShay ‏@McShay13
Wash RB Sankey's workout has been overlooked a bit. Ran 4.49 40. Fastest short shuttle and 3-cone of RBs. Also 35.5 vertical jump.

Don't sleep!

Zach Miller should be willing to take a decent paycut. Clemons I doubt it, but I rather have Bennett than him, so I'd be ok with cutting him. I'd still go WR/TE and OT in first two rounds and look for D-line depth later in the draft. We have Jordan Hill and Jesse Williams coming off of injury so our interior DL should be fine, but we'll need to find another DE later for depth.

LJ11

Todd McShay ‏@McShay13
Wash RB Sankey's workout has been overlooked a bit. Ran 4.49 40. Fastest short shuttle and 3-cone of RBs. Also 35.5 vertical jump.

Don't sleep!

He's a good back, I like a handful of backs in this draft. None are making any noise, wonder when the first one goes off the board.

Syrinx

He's a good back, I like a handful of backs in this draft. None are making any noise, wonder when the first one goes off the board.
May be looking at the second straight draft with no RBs taken in the first. Has that happened before?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
May be looking at the second straight draft with no RBs taken in the first. Has that happened before?

No idea but I'd imagine it'll be the norm from here on out. Short shelf life and diminished value. It's hard to justify taking a back in the first round unless hes basically a Peterson level no brainer and those are like once a decade at best.

LJ11

No idea, but from my couch, not sure there's a back in this draft as good as Lacey was as an amateur. Doesn't mean there isn't a back as good or better than Eddie, just not sure I saw one play as well as Lacey did at Bama.

I also though Ellington was the 2nd best back behind Lacey, admittedly watched none of Bernard that year, and he went in the 6th....now that's fucking crazy.

Edit: Crowell's a guy who has as much or more talent than anyone, but he has the off field stuff, could be a huge get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom