• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Now I feel completely at home here hehee.

FFzAMdp.gif

JABEE

Why is this smut taking over the NFL thread? We as a group are far too tolerant in here. Where is eznark when you need him?

Ugh, came on to see what's up and it's like Cajunator infected all of you with his Squee...

I'll be on tomorrow to talk about the tags, and True Detective....you folks just get this out of your system.

squicken

Alterraun Verner is one of the five best players in the 2014 NFL free-agent class.

If his next employer asks him to line up on the left side, press his receivers and knife in to defend the run, they are almost certain to be disappointed. Teams with those expectations probably won't pursue Verner, though coach-to-scout-to-general-manager miscommunications happen all the time. (The 2011 Eagles were a good example.) Even if a coach's changes are minor, it could have a major impact on a player whose skillset is rather clearly defined.

The good news for Verner is that he is unlikely to come with Revis-Asomugha-sized expectations, because his reputation is not at their level. A slightly more modest contract, and a little less name recognition, will keep fans from expecting Deion Sanders or Ronnie Lott to appear on the field and provide non-stop highlights. In the correct scheme, Verner should continue to provide Pro Bowl-caliber cornerback play.

Verner will have plenty of suitors, as befits a young star at a critical position. He will make a team very happy, so long as that team's expectations are manageable. No one cornerback is an instant solution to a problematic pass defense, but in the right environment and scheme, Verner can be a major part of a solution.

Really good look at how Verner fits. He doesn't play press and is like Sherman in that he only plays one side of the field

bionic77

The only good anime I have ever seen is from ghibli.

Everything else seems kind of shitty. But I am not an expert in the field by any means.

Dragon

Banned
The only good anime I have ever seen is from ghibli.

Everything else seems kind of shitty. But I am not an expert in the field by any means.

I've always been a fan of .hack//SIGN but mostly for the music as the plot is largely nonsensical. Ghibli has done great things, Grave of the Fireflies remains one of the saddest movies I have ever seen.

gutshot

Today the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Nike unveiled the team's new NFL Nike Elite 51 Uniform design for the 2014 season. The uniform is a completely integrated system of dress with a new design that honors the Buccaneers' rich tradition while boldly bringing the team into the future through a modern industrial design aesthetic.

In collaboration with the Buccaneers and the NFL, Nike designers incorporated many of the unique historical aspects of the Tampa Bay area by showcasing the city's roots, vibrant culture and spirited fanbase. The new uniform features a refreshed color scheme honoring the franchise's past and present, while confidently positioning the team for the future.

"Today marks the culmination of more than two years of research and planning to bring the Tampa Bay Buccaneers into a new and exciting era of our history," said Buccaneers co-chairman Edward Glazer. "We worked closely with our partners at Nike to design a uniform that would set the standard for both design and functionality. The result is a sleek, modern design that honors our championship past while also establishing a new, bolder identity moving forward."

The base uniform color has been energized with richer pewter, juxtaposed with a brighter, more vibrant shade of "Buccaneer Red". In homage to the Buccaneers' early uniforms, the look also features "Bay Orange" as a new primary trim color and accent on both the jersey and the pants. Tampa Bay also becomes the first NFL franchise to incorporate a revolutionary reflective chrome border around the numbers on the front, back and shoulders. The chrome border incorporates a technologically advanced reflective coating that adds a new dimension, increased readability and a unique glow to the numbers.

Custom name and number fonts feature beveled edges inspired by historical Buccaneer blade carvings, echoing the modern industrial design inspiration. The team's white jerseys sport pewter sleeves and shoulders with red numbers, while the red jerseys also feature pewter sleeves and shoulders but with white numbers on the body and red numbers on the shoulders-- adding an extra element of energy to the evolved Buccaneer identity.

The team's secondary logo, a powerful wooden ship fueled by wind-filled sails, is similarly refined to convey the Bucs' relentless energy. The redesigned wooden ship is positioned on the right shoulder and the abbreviated "BUCS" moniker on the left. The enhanced flag is proudly displayed on both the right and left hip of the pant.

The team's transformation is exemplified in the Bucs new helmet, featuring a reinvigorated logotype and highlighted by an updated, more menacing Jolly Roger. Unique to the Buccaneers, the helmet also features a hand-painted pewter speed line overlaid with a larger flag logo designed to accentuate the revolutionized, confident spirit of the franchise.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/arti...Unveiled/b8944519-d276-482a-a9e7-d800fabb9401

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom