• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
People who are complaining about resolution are doing it to promote their favorite company, there is no other reason to do so. Just like Xbox fans last gen saying that people should buy 360's because it got the better ports.

You're generalizing. Are there examples of such? Yes I'm sure. If someone has the choice between two versions of the same game, it's not crazy to promote the better version of it.

Yes people did complain that the mp looked blurry, and even more people said it looked great, and many people have tried to use it in their insane console wars.

Unless you have a tally/evidence of such a claim it's pretty worthless. People were certainly excited about 1080p 60 fps before the game was released, I'll give you that.

What exactly am I 100% wrong about? I should have realized that you would just find some way to double down on this stuff. If the table were turned and MS had sent out press releases that flat out lied about the resolution of one of their flagship games you would be killing them for it. Sony lied to gamers to score console war points, that is fucked up and you know it.

You're mixing two arguments. The stuff on resolution is a comparison between different versions of the same game. Killzone is an exclusive IP, and as such, does not factor into this argument.

And if you're going to talk about lying/deceiving people, perhaps you should look at Microsoft's willingness to muddy the waters on what's native 1080p and what's upscaled. They obviously think this whole resolution thing is important enough to do that.

Current Discussion Topics
1. Teenage Girls Coldplay is currently leering at
2. Creepy Little Girl Anime
3. Ugly Buccaneer Uniforms
4. Console Wars

Let's talk about our time in prison and our love of football and large breasts like any honest, hard-working American man would do.

You should be happy the Bruins beat the Rangers last night. Be nice to me!

Dolphins are going to make a strong push for ablert or Monroe if they hit FA and they won't be tagging Soliai which I guess means they are keeping starks? Uless they draft another DT.... :/

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Speculation is brewing that the Eagles could look to trade DeSean Jackson, now that they've resigned Maclin and Cooper.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...oper-could-signal-a-DeSean-Jackson-trade.html

Reasons outlined in the article:

-The Eagles have allocated a boatload of cap space to the WR position.
-Jackson apparently doesn't get along with the WR coach. Jason Avant acted as a "go-between" for them last season. With Avant likely to be released, the chances of that sour relationship becoming a bigger issue increases.
-Jackson will turn 28 before this season. Speedy, diminutive WRs tend to fall off very quickly.
-The draft is loaded with quality WRs so getting some high picks to use on Jackson's replacement makes sense.

I think, as the article says, the Eagles won't look to shop Jackson. But if the right offer came along, maybe they make a move and then draft someone like Brandin Cooks as a younger, cheaper version of DJax.

Okay, so we tag Byrd and trade him and a 3rd to Philly for DJax. Done.

Enough of this Jibba Jabba, Let's get our Football talk on, Fools!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Seahawks, who have pending FAs in DE Michael Bennett and K Steven Hauschka do not plan to use the franchise tag today. Trying to do deals

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 11m
Dolphins beat the franchise clock, agree to long-term deal with their top target, corner Brent Grimes

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 1h
Tag choices waiting on Browns (Mack or Ward), Raiders (Veldheer or Lamarr) & Ravens (Eugene Monroe). Redskins let Orakpo test open market

Fox318

Speculation is brewing that the Eagles could look to trade DeSean Jackson, now that they've resigned Maclin and Cooper.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...oper-could-signal-a-DeSean-Jackson-trade.html

-Jackson apparently doesn't get along with the WR coach. Jason Avant acted as a "go-between" for them last season. With Avant likely to be released, the chances of that sour relationship becoming a bigger issue increases.
-Jackson will turn 28 before this season. Speedy, diminutive WRs tend to fall off very quickly.
-The draft is loaded with quality WRs so getting some high picks to use on Jackson's replacement makes sense.

I think, as the article says, the Eagles won't look to shop Jackson. But if the right offer came along, maybe they make a move and then draft someone like Brandin Cooks as a younger, cheaper version of DJax.
How was Jackson with Marty Mornhinweg?

dionysus

Yaldog
What an incredibly reductionist straw man.

Ah yes, the logical fallacy response has made an appearance. It accomplishes the twin goals of making the poster seem educated and also attacks the premise of the opposing argument.

I await your in-depth analysis that talks about the thousands of individual posters on Neogaf as the unique butterflies they are, because we can't be reductionist, or shows your in-depth mind reading of their motivations, because we can't create straw men without proof. Until your posts are held to the same standard as you would hold mine, I will continue to generalize and voice opinions without scientific proof.

As other posters have said and I concur, if resolution is so important that a poster needs to make 10s of posts a week in various resolution threads on the gaming side then they should just get a PC.

I think there is a 0% chance they trade DJax. Cooper is a #3 WR at best, Maclin is coming back from a serious knee injury and there is no way to know if he will be able to do anything. Plenty of players have come back from knee injuries and either lost a step or quickly hurt it again. Counting on him for anything is just crazy. Avant is going to be gone, and even if he was here is just a blocker. They dont even have anyone else besides that. WR is still a big position of need, plus DJax is a huge talent who makes the offense work. Does anyone honestly think Cooper would have even gotten 47 catches if it wasnt for DJax drawing constant double teams? If the Eagles actually traded DJax the offense would suffer a major setback.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 53m

2) I was surprised to hear one veteran personnel man I respect a bunch say Derek Carr was the best QB in the group.

My boy Carr.

Also heard that 17 teams have him higher than JFF after the combine.

Should be a crazy draft.

Syrinx

BhztP4JCUAI1HBV.png:large

This will...take some getting used to. Seems like they' were inspired by the Seahawks new unis, but I don't think the colors are as conducive to that kind of design.

Is there a pic of the home jerseys, and would I want to see it?

bionic77

Who wants it more?

Coldplays love for underage girls versus yankeehaters obsession for the Bone.

I am leaning towards yankee but to be fair Coldplay never got much of a chance to defend his perversion. What say you GAF?

Who wants it more?

I am leaning towards yankee but to be fair Coldplay never got much of a chance to defend his perversion. What say you GAF?

My man yankee's just doing it for the cheque. I like the Xbone, MS! Break me some bread too!

coldplay's obsession is actually real and super creepy.

Who wants it more?

I am deeply offended to be compared to coldplay in any way.

Patriot fans, franchise Talib or no?

I would say no. I would love to keep him, but not for that money and there is no way the Pats will pay him that.

Pats don't often pay market value, so don't see the Grimes deal as an indicator for what they would pay Talib, they pay the value they think the player has. They probably want to sign Talib to a performance/amount of snaps dependent deal, which probably means we'll lose him.

gutshot

I think there is a 0% chance they trade DJax. Cooper is a #3 WR at best, Maclin is coming back from a serious knee injury and there is no way to know if he will be able to do anything. Plenty of players have come back from knee injuries and either lost a step or quickly hurt it again. Counting on him for anything is just crazy. Avant is going to be gone, and even if he was here is just a blocker. They dont even have anyone else besides that. WR is still a big position of need, plus DJax is a huge talent who makes the offense work. Does anyone honestly think Cooper would have even gotten 47 catches if it wasnt for DJax drawing constant double teams? If the Eagles actually traded DJax the offense would suffer a major setback.

I agree that it is highly unlikely. But it is something to think about. And I don't think that the Eagles would get rid of Jackson without having a plan in mind to replace him. Going into the season with Maclin and Cooper as your 1-2 would be bad and not something I see them doing.

Here's a crazy, but intriguing thought: What if the Eagles are able to get a 1st rounder for DJax? And what if they used that extra first rounder to jump up and grab Sammy Watkins? Can you imagine him in Chip's offense?

Zee-Row

Banned
This will...take some getting used to. Seems like they' were inspired by the Seahawks new unis, but I don't think the colors are as conducive to that kind of design.

Is there a pic of the home jerseys, and would I want to see it?

I like them , people are just scared of change. Change is good!

MRSA

Banned
Who wants it more?

My passion for drugs is greater than either obsessions.

I agree that it is highly unlikely. But it is something to think about. And I don't think that the Eagles would get rid of Jackson without having a plan in mind to replace him. Going into the season with Maclin and Cooper as your 1-2 would be bad and not something I see them doing.

Here's a crazy, but intriguing thought: What if the Eagles are able to get a 1st rounder for DJax? And what if they used that extra first rounder to jump up and grab Sammy Watkins? Can you imagine him in Chip's offense?

I love Watkins and would love to see him in the offense, but you would have to get one of the big safeties in FA to even make that work, plus then you would be trading a known commodity in DJax for an unknown guy. Watkins looks like a sure bet, but I feel like WR has a huge bust rate attached to it. How many great college WRs have gone in the 1st or 2nd round and done nothing in the pros? I would be very scared making that trade.

squicken

All of Breer's QB thoughts that mech and Mackenzie posted some of

Did some kicking around on the draft QBs over the weekend, and the opinions vary wildly from evaluator-to-evaluator in ranking this class.

1) Found a little more doubt than I thought I would on Manziel. Several folks mentioned Kyle Shanahan as someone who could make it work. boom/bust, but BELIEVE

2) I was surprised to hear one veteran personnel man I respect a bunch say Derek Carr was the best QB in the group. lol they never learn

3) Most common comparison I heard for Blake Bortles was Andrew Luck, though Bortles is not quite the athlete, and not nearly as developed. took me so long to post this b/c my brain rolled out my ear

4) I think personnel folks see Bridgewater like this -- Very good in a lot of areas, but not special. And they worry about his frame. been saying this for awhile

5) The biggest knock on McCarron -- You don't see him enough where everything is breaking down around him. And the OU game raised concerns. Boomer

6) Mettenberger is going to entice teams. Absent the ACL injury, I know at least one club who'd have had him No. 1 among the QBs. lol c'mon. He's slower than Schaub

It's a lot but I think it's worth it if he stays healthy. If the Dolphins got another CB who could consistently perform near Grimes' level they would be in good shape defensively. I'd like to think Taylor or Davis could be those guys but who am I kidding.

CBs take a couple years to adjust to the NFL.

Did you guys get a new DC?

dionysus

Yaldog
I swear there is probably a front office private message board where they laugh about how hard they troll the media. Media doesn't care either, absurdity is a good source of clicks.

I got a feeling O'Brien will take a flyer on Mettenberger in the 4/5th round

We are all aware of the Texans cycle and the rollercoaster it puts its fans through that ends in tears.

The perfect Texans cycle offseason would be to keep Schaub, draft Mettenberg as his successor, and draft Mario I mean Jadaveon in the first. Since this would lead to the most fan emotional turmoil, it is practically guaranteed to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom