• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
540pixel87clock.jpg

First thing I thought of. The digital clock numbers stick way out. But, it's the Bucs

So it was supposed to snow really heavily last night and it didn't. My office is empty and I'm sitting here thinking I should've just worked from home anyways like everyone else...

Also Raiders need to slap that transition tag on somebody and resign fools. I'm getting nervous.

Striker

Rutgers uniforms are fine (except for the red they use on their home jerseys).
Those Va Tech ones are hideous.

As for the Rutger ones:

rutgers-university-football-uniforms-old-new.jpg

It's not super different like you see from a lot of team lately (shit Tampa and Jacksonville with their two shaded helmet), but it's a downgrade to me.

My god the Killzone resolution thread is amazing.
I think its relatively absurd for people to act as though the difference between 1080p/720p doesn't matter. If that's the case, then connect your PS4/Xbone to a 32inch tube TV from years ago and game at 240p like the old Playstation days. It doesn't matter afterall, right? Right.

That having been said, the amount of argument that goes on about nuanced pixel differences and how militant people are about it drives me nuts. It comes down to console warrior nonsense. Especially when it comes at the expense of enjoying the actual game.

I understand the want for standardization, etc. I get it but we're not even full swing into this next generation yet and more compromises will be made to bring the "pretty" as it were. If you're a resolution hound and your money is spent based on having the highest resolution a game can reach - then you should be gaming on a PC. Plain and simple.

Draxal

Oh my goodness what is that abomination? These aren't really happening are they?

Apparently, they're fan made.

Those Va Tech ones are hideous.

As for the Rutger ones:

rutgers-university-football-uniforms-old-new.jpg

It's not super different like you see from a lot of team lately (shit Tampa and Jacksonville with their two shaded helmet), but it's a downgrade to me.

I don't know, Rutgers old ones were nothing special imho, and it's not like we had a legacy to attached to them like Ohio State or Michigan. I forgot to add the real problem with the new uniforms is that the grey numbers are impossible to see from the stands with the black and red uniforms.

The new white uniforms with the white helmet is really nice looking OTOH.

gutshot

Outside of the weird font for the numbers, those Rutgers ones look sweet. They aren't over-designed the way the Bucs unis are.

I think its relatively absurd for people to act as though the difference between 1080p/720p doesn't matter. If that's the case, then connect your PS4/Xbone to a 32inch tube TV from years ago and game at 240p like the old Playstation days. It doesn't matter, afterall right? Right.

That having been said, the amount of argument that goes on about nuanced pixel differences and how militant people are about it drives me nuts. It comes down to console warrior nonsense. Especially when it comes at the expense of enjoying the actual game.

I understand the want for standardization, etc. I get it but we're not even full swing into this next generation yet and more compromises will be made to bring the "pretty" as it were. If you're a resolution hound and your money is spent based on having the highest resolution a game can reach - then you should be gaming on a PC. Plain and simple.

I just like seeing the people that have been freaking out about how underpowered the XB1 are because not all its games run at 1080p, are now suddenly perfectly fine with what is basically 764p. I also like that sweet caring Sony lied about the resolution. Could you imagine that thread if MS had lied about Forza 5's resolution? Personally I still think KZ:SF looks great, I have said all along it is the 2nd best looking next gen game behind Ryse, and the fact that it isnt 1080p doesnt change that at all for me. I really hope that this lead to less trolling in every single XB1 game thread now.

I just like seeing the people that have been freaking out about how underpowered the XB1 are because not all its games run at 1080p, are now suddenly perfectly fine with what is basically 764p. I also like that sweet caring Sony lied about the resolution. Could you imagine that thread if MS had lied about Forza 5's resolution? Personally I still think KZ:SF looks great, I have said all along it is the 2nd best looking next gen game behind Ryse, and the fact that it isnt 1080p doesnt change that at all for me. I really hope that this lead to less trolling in every single XB1 game thread now.
Well to be fair, Xbox console warriors lauded third party multiplats last gen for their superior resolution and performance. Now that the tables have turned, those same folks are out there yelling about how 1080p doesn't matter anyways. So there's plenty of hypocrisy coming from both sides.

The wonders of owning all gaming platforms. I don't care, I just buy the best version that meets my needs and everything else is just noise.:)

Well to be fair, Xbox console warriors lauded third party multiplats last gen for their superior resolution and performance. Now that the tables have turned, those same folks are out there yelling about how 1080p doesn't matter anyways. So there's plenty of hypocrisy coming from both sides.

The wonders of owning all gaming platforms. I don't care, I just buy the best version that meets my needs and everything else is just noise.:)

That is true, I guess I just dont remember people being so crazy about it last gen. For what ever reason it seems the vitriol has been turned up to 11 now. I to am very happy to own all the consoles, cant believe this month all three are getting huge games. Donkey Kong TF, infamous SS, and Titanfall is a crazy month.

Nice we signed grimes to 4 years which is a year more then I wanted but apparently dolphins can get out pretty easily should he decline at 34, also soliais agent just tweeted that perhaps its time he moves on from miami :( say it ain't so soliai!!! :(

dionysus

Yaldog

Gaming side is really bad right now and will be probably for at least another 1.5 years. I can't handle all the fake outrage at every little thing the other company does and the goal post moving for their own favorite company. Might be a small minority of posters but they are the most vocal, and keep the bad threads on the front page and kill off any good threads before they can develop by getting them pushed off the front page.

As you say, resolution wars is the worst. It is just a convenient proxy for their need to validate their own consumption.

Topic 2: Is Nike doing all these designs or just making the uniforms?

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 18m
6) Mettenberger is going to entice teams. Absent the ACL injury, I know at least one club who'd have had him No. 1 among the QBs.

I mentioned Mettenberger yesterday. Wonder who the team is?

Tenumi

Banned
I disliked the Seahawks new unis when those were unveiled, but I grew to like them.

The Bucs new ones, though... based on that pic... not happening.

What an incredibly reductionist straw man.

How is that a straw man? Clearly resolution doesnt matter anywhere near as much as certain types of people would claim it does, as evidenced by people claiming how great KZs mp looked when it is closer to 720p then 1080p. He is 100% right.

Dragon

Banned
How is that a straw man? Clearly resolution doesnt matter anywhere near as much as certain types of people would claim it does, as evidenced by people claiming how great KZs mp looked when it is closer to 720p then 1080p. He is 100% right.

1. A straw man is misrepresenting another person's argument in order to make it look weaker. Scoffing at people's opinions on resolution as a way of promoting their favorite console is doing just that.

2. Many people complained about KZ's blurriness in MP.

3. You're 100% wrong and ironically just as guilty as the people the other person criticized.

Dragon

Banned
Wow, really? I had no idea. I was always super impressed by the IQ of Shadow Fall's MP but maybe I'm just easy to please.

Hell Jeff Gertsmann who usually doesn't give two craps about stuff like that even commented on it in his review from November:

. The multiplayer runs at a higher frame rate than the campaign, but the multiplayer also has an odd motion blur effect that makes the game look overly blurry. Also, on some maps the blur effect that kicks on when you start running takes a little too long to clear up when you stop moving, which is distracting and a little ugly.

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/killzone-shadow-fall-review/1900-605/

1. A straw man is misrepresenting another person's argument in order to make it look weaker. Scoffing at people's opinions on resolution as a way of promoting their favorite console is doing just that.

2. Many people complained about KZ's blurriness in MP.

3. You're 100% wrong and ironically just as guilty as the people the other person criticized.

People who are complaining about resolution are doing it to promote their favorite company, there is no other reason to do so. Just like Xbox fans last gen saying that people should buy 360's because it got the better ports.

Yes people did complain that the mp looked blurry, and even more people said it looked great, and many people have tried to use it in their insane console wars.

What exactly am I 100% wrong about? I should have realized that you would just find some way to double down on this stuff. If the table were turned and MS had sent out press releases that flat out lied about the resolution of one of their flagship games you would be killing them for it. Sony lied to gamers to score console war points, that is fucked up and you know it.

gutshot

Speculation is brewing that the Eagles could look to trade DeSean Jackson, now that they've resigned Maclin and Cooper.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...oper-could-signal-a-DeSean-Jackson-trade.html

Reasons outlined in the article:

-The Eagles have allocated a boatload of cap space to the WR position.
-Jackson apparently doesn't get along with the WR coach. Jason Avant acted as a "go-between" for them last season. With Avant likely to be released, the chances of that sour relationship becoming a bigger issue increases.
-Jackson will turn 28 before this season. Speedy, diminutive WRs tend to fall off very quickly.
-The draft is loaded with quality WRs so getting some high picks to use on Jackson's replacement makes sense.

I think, as the article says, the Eagles won't look to shop Jackson. But if the right offer came along, maybe they make a move and then draft someone like Brandin Cooks as a younger, cheaper version of DJax.

JABEE

Current Discussion Topics
1. Teenage Girls Coldplay is currently leering at
2. Creepy Little Girl Anime
3. Ugly Buccaneer Uniforms
4. Console Wars

Let's talk about our time in prison and our love of football and large breasts like any honest, hard-working American man would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom