• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Guys...you're hurting her feelings....

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/09072008brady_source600.jpg[.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/022/434/hi-res-176714931_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=432&q=85

Live by the Pollard, die by the Pollard

squicken

Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm
Jimmy Garoppolo on how Jim Harbaugh mini-workout came together: "He saw me, introduced himself and said, 'Wanna throw a little?'"

That's how it started w/Kap back when Alex was around. DTF

Dragon

Banned
Also, Fuck the PS4!

Come at me, Dragon!

tumblr_mymzuz1Inj1qg462ao1_500.gif

rando14

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/3/4/5463494/browns-potential-draft-target-zach-mettenberger

I really like this guy's draft QB writeups. Really thorough, even if I disagree sometimes

Great write up, thanks for posting it. I still don't really see the appeal of Mettenberger after reading this. Based on his analysis, Mettenberger could be an adequate starter after a year being nurtured (which I also dont quite agree with, I think Mettenberger's lack of mobility completely makes him undesirable), however why would a team in need of QB (hou, jax, etc) do this when there are so many higher upsides with Bridgewater or Manziel?

MechDX

What kind of smokescreen is SF running? Why is he working out a QB who would go before his 2nd round pick? Kap better watch his back

Doesn't want Kap to see it coming.....one day Kap is just casually walking through the Niners complex and the next thing he knows he is on a plane to Jacksonville.

squicken

Great write up, thanks for posting it. I still don't really see the appeal of Mettenberger after reading this. Based on his analysis, Mettenberger could be an adequate starter after a year being nurtured (which I also dont quite agree with, I think Mettenberger's lack of mobility completely makes him undesirable), however why would a team in need of QB (hou, jax, etc) do this when there are so many higher upsides with Bridgewater or Manziel?

I'm not a Mettenberger fan at all. The article points it out, but LSU's WRs bailed him out a lot. I know that is a knock on lots of college QBs, but for a big armed QB, he under threw a lot of throws. I've said before he is as slow as Schaub, and that is before he hurt his leg. And I think that is why he is behind and late on throws; it takes him too long to get depth on his drops, set up and then throw.

They were running these little half pitch plays from I-formation, and I'm convinced it was b/c he couldn't get to his proper depth fast enough. His movement is non-functional for an NFL QB imo

JABEE

Just kidding, Dragon. PS4 is okay by me.

The Patriots are a despicable organization that deserves to have its name dragged through the mud like Hector in the The Illiad. At least Hector was a great warrior. The Patriots possess no redeeming quality. Their organization serves only to damn all those who worship their cretinous demagogues.

Dragon

Banned

The Patriots are a despicable organization that deserves to have its name dragged through the mud like Hector in the The Illiad. At least Hector was a great warrior. The Patriots possess no redeeming quality. Their organization serves only to damn all those who worship their cretinous demagogues.

tumblr_n1kra3THsS1qclky6o2_r1_250.gif

You are a pig.

$23.6M for Fitz, SMH.

Yep, this time next year we will see Larry's true colors. He either finally accepts a pay cut or his ass gets the boot. Hopefully we do well enough this season to entice him to stay loyal and take the pay cut because otherwise I'm sure he'd like to see if he could get on board for a serious contender. The question is which contender would have the cap space for him? Keim is cleaning up Graves' mess bit by bit and Larry is the only bad albatross contract we have left. The idea is to keep Larry until he retires but I don't see that as likely unless we get far enough this year that we are a legit contender for the 2015 season. 2014-2015 will be interesting indeed.

Browns president
Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86 8m
. @ scheiner_alec "We'll have cutting edge uniforms that link back to our history...I'd be very surprised if our fans don't love our new look"

Believeland Insider ‏ @ Believeland24x7 5m
# Browns to unveil their new uniforms in 2015 before draft, "We'll have cutting edge uniforms that link back to our history" @ scheiner_alec

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 3m
Scheiner said new # Browns unis to be unveiled March/April next year before the 2015 NFL Draft

BBV has their draft profile up for Ebron.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/3/4...orth-carolina-scouting-report-new-york-giants

Eric Ebron is one of the top players on my personal big board at any position because while he may look like a one-dimensional pass catcher on the surface, he has the upside in both blocking and receiving to really be a true complete dual threat. His ability to create after the catch is second to none in this tight end class and really, the skill set he brings couldn't be a better fit for what I imagine the Giants will be trying to do.

The bottom line for me is this: I think it's time for us to forget pigeonholing some players as "TE" because that is where they are assigned by some arbitrary force. If they can get on the field, get a mismatch, are big, are fast, can run routes, and catch the ball, I don't care if they are a RB, WR, FB, half back, H-back, TE, whatever.

We shouldn't have to keep saying, "oh, do you think it's worth it to invest in a tight end in the first round? I'd rather go wide receiver."

No. The thinking should be I want someone who will make the biggest difference for this offense. Eric Ebron is one of the top players in the draft in this regard. We can only hope that McAdoo and company think the same way. Time to throw away labels and put the best players on the field.

I want Ebron the Giants so bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom