• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So supposedly the Jets have already had talks with Vick and will sign him soon after FA begins. Surprised to see him go back with Marty again after Marty did everything he could to get him killed with the Eagles.

Greg

Greg....we are going to fight if this happens. Leave my Sconi TE's alone!
bMpasCY.jpg

gutshot

Jairus Byrd's live chat with ESPN was delayed because he was talking with Brian Dawkins. Hope Dawk was talking up Philly!

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50122/free-agent-jairus-byrd

Barry (Pa)

Do you like what chip Kelly is doing in Philly? Do you think you can make an impact there?

Jairus Byrd (12:27 PM)

I think he's doing great things. Any time you can come in and take your team to the playoffs in the first year, that's great. I think they're headed in the right direction.

So asking this seriously:

Why do you guys hate Tom Brady?

I've asked friends this before but nobody ever gives me a real answer.

Is it because of the 3 championships? Him being successful? Jealousy?

I'm actually really curious.

There's a component of jealousy for his success, there's a component of being annoyed at talking heads who shower him with praises non-stop, and there's a component of residual hate bleeding in from the Patriots (we could talk about why people hate the Patriots, but that's a discussion for another day)

As for me, I've never really hated Tom Brady. Outside of a few select incidents, I've had respect for what he's done in his career. I've always considered him a great warrior and a great field general, and I've enjoyed the few times the Panthers have been able to compete against him. I'm not going to act like I'm not bitter over SB38, that's the closest I've been to seeing one of my local sports teams winning a title (I'm not counting that time when all of North Carolina became Hurricanes ice soccer fans for like 2 weeks in 2005) and there's no guarantee that we will ever get back there. The Panthers could end up being like the Browns or Lions historically.

That being said, I have to give Brady his props. He's one of the greatest to ever do it, and it will be a sad day when he hangs it up.

(cue bionic grabbing his pitchfork and Tebow coloring book)

cdyhybrid

Brady:

1) Plays for a Boston team
2) Arrogant ("We're only going to score 17 points? Haha, okay.")
3) Plays for a Boston team
4) Cheated
5) Plays for a Boston team

Brady:

1) Plays for a Boston team
2) Arrogant ("We're only going to score 17 points? Haha, okay.")
3) Plays for a Boston team
4) Cheated
5) Plays for a Boston team

What about the way he cries for calls, tuck rule, and hasnt won a SB since they took away his camera advantage.

bionic77

Et tu Grover.

Never thought you were a filthy Bradyphile.

I can't trust you anymore. And if anyone's laptop gets stolen I will just assume it was you.

cdyhybrid

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 37s
Sounds like Khalil Mack killed it at his Buffalo pro day, with a 40 timed from 4.45 to 4.5. Reggie McKenzie, Mike Pettine among viewers

squicken

The Texans have more talent than the Colts two years ago and the Chiefs last season. That's why. If Alex Smith can bring the Chiefs back someone like Cassell/Vick/etc... could do the same.

Agree with you about the Colts, but not the Chiefs. That was a Chiefs team that 6 returning Pro Bowlers. Interesting that SF is working out Garapollo. I've long thought if any team would avoid the middle class 18m QB, it would be SF

MechDX

Agree with you about the Colts, but not the Chiefs. That was a Chiefs team that 6 returning Pro Bowlers. Interesting that SF is working out Garapollo. I've long thought if any team would avoid the middle class 18m QB, it would be SF

Only one logical conclusion: Niners trading Kap to Texans and using the pick to select Garapolo.

Bread

Banned
you didn't watch too many pats games this year if you think brady is the biggest whiner, he took hits like a champ. got right back up and didn't say shit.

squicken

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
If Texans would take Romo for Manziel, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Romo will tease w/ near-greatness then break your heart. Manziel=winner.

Romo for the first pick? Seems fair to me!

MechDX

You people are just haters! Tom Brady is an American icon with a blatantly American tale. He was passed over by many being considered to weak to every amount to anything. He then proceeded to work his way up and become a thing of legend! you should all bow down and kiss the rings!

Bread

Banned
You people are just haters! Tom Brady is an American icon with a blatantly American tale. He was passed over by many being considered to weak to every amount to anything. He then proceeded to work his way up and become a thing of legend! you should all bow down and kiss the rings!
any other opinion is factually incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom