• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys...I think I woke up in silent hill....

CCDVQxx.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Yeah it gets old fast. Shoveled this one to get to work, Then afterwards I get to shovel again at my other place incase anybody wants to look at it.

Im buying a snow blower this summer for sure.

Yeah growing up in Massachusetts, it was a necessity. I used to come home from school and before we had a snowblower, doing the whole driveway when it's packed with wet heavy snow is just a pain in the dick.

ShaneB

This made me giggle =) Thanks!

5 more inches of white depression last night. As I was shoveling I made sure to occasionally rake the shovel blade across my wrists and remember the life choices that kept me in this arctic wasteland.

Here's the end of my driveway this morning.

20140305_075106_zps5oxhuayd.jpg

That looks great! Makes me wish I had taken some pics when I wa home for christmas. And it was snowing here last night, I was giddy watching it when I stepped out from work!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
5 more inches of white depression last night. As I was shoveling I made sure to occasionally rake the shovel blade across my wrists and remember the life choices that kept me in this arctic wasteland.

Here's the end of my driveway this morning.

20140305_075106_zps5oxhuayd.jpg

Tell me you have a snowblower. Those things are even mandatory in Milwaukee where it snows a whole lot less.

I haven't fallen on ice in over 10 years (last fell while in Massachusetts, those crazy Nor'easters make ice everywhere) and I fell down some concrete stairs outside my apartment yesterday morning due to ice. Feels bad man.

Just saw this:

Yeah it gets old fast. Shoveled this one to get to work, Then afterwards I get to shovel again at my other place incase anybody wants to look at it.

Im buying a snow blower this summer for sure.

How do you live without one?

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 1h
Vrabel was upfront w/ players when meeting w/ them & talked about how he outworked others when he played & that's what he wants here.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 1h
#Texans source said that he came away impressed w/ his meeting w/ LB coach, Mike Vrabel. Said the coach was intense & preached competition.

Sounds like there may actually be some accountability this year. Good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Snow has mostly melted here in PA.

Hope warm weather gets here soon.

Stay strong bro. Its almost over!

You know winter doesn't end until the middle of May in Minnesota right?

I vaguely remember Slo complaining that they had snow 9 months out of 12 last year.

bionic77

I vaguely remember Slo complaining that they had snow 9 months out of 12 last year.
I figured it would stop by the end of March at the latest.

That sucks. That is like some Westeros type shit.

At least they have crazy tunnels and shit.

Slo

Last year we had 15" fall on May 3rd. On days like that I'm just glad I'm not sufferring by the pool with yankeehater in that oppressive Las Vegas heat.

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 55m

Top 4-3 DEs in run stop percentage: Lamarr Houston 10.3%, Willie Young 9.9, DeMarcus Ware 9.5, Greg Hardy 8.7, Dunlap/Bryant/M. Johnson 8.4

Reason why Panthers were willing to pay out for Hardy but not for Peppers. Hardy's not a one-dimensional player.

And why Raiders didn't want to pay out for Houston. Good edge setter and run defender, but not much in the way of pass rush.

Raiders got Chaz Schillens back.

Oh joy.

Heard Veldheer fired his agent and signed with his brother. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Last year we had 15" fall on May 3rd. On days like that I'm just glad I'm not sufferring by the pool with yankeehater in that oppressive Las Vegas heat.

Dude it hit 120 last year, it was so hot that the pool felt like bath water. My drinks wouldnt even stay cold, it was terrible.

rando14

Rando, what do you think about Seattle potentially trading two 1st round picks for Graham?

I wouldn't like it. Seattle's a run-first offense that puts value in blocking tight ends, that's why Zach miller hasn't had all that many catches over the years. Zach however is a good blocking TE and is why I still think we want to bring him back at a re-structured contract.

It'd be tough to convince me that Graham would be worth two of our first rounders. Graham's a great receiver but I've never been impressed with his blocking, and he was a complete no-show in the playoffs. He's also going to be 28 and wants a big, long contract. I'd rather take my chances with an upper round TE (asj, amaro, etc).

That said Grahams a great player, clearly a huge RZ threat and his chemistry with Brees is excellent. I just don't think he'd be a good fit for us.

I think trading up for Ebron would make more sense for Seattle. It wont cost 2 firsts, and he would only cost $1.7m rather then the $12m that Graham would cost.

rando14

If Seattle got Graham and he plays there like in New Orleans, how would anyone beat Seattle?

I dont think Grahams performance in NO would translate to Seattle. For one he has one of the best passing QB's in history down there throwing to him, whereas up here we have trent dilifer jr!!

I think trading up for Ebron would make more sense for Seattle. It wont cost 2 firsts, and he would only cost $1.7m rather then the $12m that Graham would cost.

Ebron is an intriguing player. His athleticism and after-catch ability are awesome but his blocking is still kinda up in the air and he'll need a solid amount of polish on his routes

MechDX

Seattle just built a Superbowl winning team with good drafting, shrewd FA signings and value trades. Why would they sacrifice the next two years first round picks for a prima donna TE?

Makes absolutely no sense and shouldn't even be a legitimate discussion.

ShaneB

Seattle just built a Superbowl winning team with good drafting, shrewd FA signings and value trades. Why would they sacrifice the next two years first round picks for a prima donna TE?

Pretty much what I was goin to post verbatim. Trading for Graham just doesn't make any sense in my opinion, if Graham is looking for a massive payday, and the Seahawks are already wondering who they can keep while working within the Cap. It doesn't add up. I never thought we were ever that weak at TE to need to upgrade like that, so please keep the picks! If Miller is cut, let Canadian Boy Willson shine!

rando14

Pretty much what I was goin to post verbatim. Trading for Graham just doesn't make any sense in my opinion, if Graham is looking for a massive payday, and the Seahawks are already wondering who they can keep while working within the Cap. It doesn't add up. I never thought we were ever that weak at TE to need to upgrade like that, so please keep the picks! If Miller is cut, let Canadian Boy Willson shine!

Lotta the seattle players have roid rage towards jimmy graham too!! Remember before the saints playoff game when he was practicing in the Hawks warm up area?

As for the pregame confrontations -- one of which included Graham ripping the hat off linebacker Bruce Irvin's head before being held back by team staff members -- Graham said, "He tried to disrespect me, and I'm not going to let anyone disrespect me. I don't want to talk about it."

Irvin explained that he told Graham to get out of the Seahawks' warm-up area, and Graham yelled back, "I'm Jimmy." Then Irvin said he responded, "Who's Jimmy?" and admitted to kicking Graham's ball out of the way.

Percy Harvin was a value trade.... For the vikings

MechDX

Just the way the NFL works breh!! Vikings take the Packer leftovers, hawks take the viking leftovers, jags take the hawks leftovers

Cant reverse that shit either!

Ravens sign Jacoby Jones = Superbowl!
Texans sign Ed Reed= 2-14

Fuck Jacoby Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom