• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case hype is pretty much gone. You get a few who get in tizzy fits with Manzealots on Twitter and sports talk but not much. he was a great story last year but he couldn't read a defense for shit.

I think he will get a legit shot. I can see Cassell, Yates, Keenum and whoever they draft in later rounds getting a shot.

Feel bad for Kubes. Knowing what he had in Keenum got him fired.

MechDX

Feel bad for Kubes. Knowing what he had in Keenum got him fired.

Giving the owner the finger by putting Schaub back in repeatedly after being told not to is what got Kubiak fired.

Oh and stupid, blind ass loyalty with a severe case of conceitedness

For the record deacon, you can go back and look, I was never huge on Case to begin with. My team was shit so I grabbed on to any hope I could.

squicken

Jimmy Garoppolo: The Standing Fetal Position

I wouldn’t hire a musician with stage fright for a live performance. I don’t care how great his or her tone, range, rhythm, and phrasing is. I don’t care if he or she won a Grammy and an Oscar. If that person takes the stage, forgets the words, and begins hyperventilating, my decision was a huge mistake.

Certain elements of a quarterback’s game that are supposed to be the glue that hold the details together. If a quarterback lacks these elements, then I don’t care how many individual components of his game are impressive.

LJ11

On the subject of Jones, who'll I'll get to this weekend, how about Jerry Hughes?

Complete bust, SackSeer had this guy projected as the number one DE, Maybin also had that dubious title, but Hughes may have turned it around. Mostly a 3rd down DE, but he generated a bunch of pressure. He won a lot 1 v 1. Good bull rush, some speed, good mixture.

Again, it'd be great to just isolate a players reps via Gamerewind. See where he improved. A lot more time consuming right now. There needs to be an easier way.

squicken

On the subject of Jones, who'll I'll get to this weekend, how about Jerry Hughes?

Complete bust, SackSeer had this guy projected as the number one DE, Maybin also had that dubious title, but Hughes may have turned it around. Mostly a 3rd down DE, but he generated a bunch of pressure. He won a lot 1 v 1. Good bull rush, some speed, good mixture.

Again, it'd be great to just isolate a players reps via Gamerewind. See where he improved. A lot more time consuming right now. There needs to be an easier way.

There's so much the NFL could do with their digital media. They've got some all access thing coming this summer that I think it supposed to be like the WWE's online Network. But I would imagine GW and Preseason football will still cost separately

It'd be awesome if like DK could go through some Steelers games, tag some plays he wants us to see, then link us to that playlist. Maybe even have a way for more professional sites to add voice or text commentary. Change angles, etc. kas could whip up some greatest hits for Stafford and some Kap lowlights

MechDX

There's so much the NFL could do with their digital media. They've got some all access thing coming this summer that I think it supposed to be like the WWE's online Network. But I would imagine GW and Preseason football will still cost separately

It'd be awesome if like DK could go through some Steelers games, tag some plays he wants us to see, then link us to that playlist. Maybe even have a way for more professional sites to add voice or text commentary. Change angles, etc. kas could whip up some greatest hits for Stafford and some Kap lowlights

wattstaff.gif

I LOVE this gif!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
it's kind of crazy how strong the dolphins fanbase has remained all those years.

me and my other buddies give my best friend so much shit, but it seems like he's finally getting used to the disappointment.

Every conversation with a Dolphins fan degrades into talk about the '72 Dolphins. It's their answer to everything.

"My food is cold"
"Friend let me tell you about the '72 Dolphins, now that was a hot team - never cold!"

"I hate paying taxes"
"You call that hate? Every other NFL team in 1972 hated playing the Dolphins"

"It's awful what is happening in the Crimea"
"Not as awful as the things the '72 Dolphins did to their opponents!"

MechDX

Every conversation with a Dolphins fan degrades into talk about the '72 Dolphins. It's their answer to everything.

"My food is cold"
"Friend let me tell you about the '72 Dolphins, now that was a hot team - never cold!"

"I hate paying taxes"

Worse than Cowboy fans in Texas? I just cant believe it

LJ11

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Hopefully they improve it by the end of the decade!

Mark this post down.

The Lions will finish with a better record than the Packers in the 2014-2015 NFL season.

In fact, I'll take the same avatar bet that gata did. If the Lions don't finish ahead of the Packers this year, I will wear an avy of NFL-GAFs choice for 1 year.

rando14

Mark this post down.

The Lions will finish with a better record than the Packers in the 2014-2015 NFL season.

In fact, I'll take the same avatar bet that gata did. If the Lions don't finish ahead of the Packers this year, I will wear an avy of NFL-GAFs choice for 1 year.

why you do this grovers

Spinluck

Damn, Hester gone too.

i bet if the colts signed him he'd suck.

"My food is cold"

"I hate paying taxes"

that is pretty much the counter attack we get from them too. you could say that shit happened 42 years ago, but i just let them have it. i have nothing against them though.

"My food is cold"

"I hate paying taxes"

I only ever use that when talking with pat fans 18-1 lol

squicken

Mark this post down.

There are some messed up Packers fans. That could be a bad avatar if you lose. You know you are banking on Jim Caldwell, right?

Eleuin

Mark this post down.

Grover my ninja

I hate that it had to be him

I'm hoping for the same. Lions win the division, Packers are 6th seed and we win the SB again

YO I JUST REMEMBERED I HAVE THE PERFECT AVATAR AHAHAHA

MechDX

Mark this post down.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0162ffc94efe970d-800wi

Caldwell is stunned, surprised, confident, ecstatic,saddened at your optimism.

MechDX

Don't ever Bing search "Jim Caldwell stare"........seriously WTF Bing?

I know random is random but what does a oiled up. muscular dude, butt freakin naked have to do with Jim Caldwell?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Holy shit I can't wait for the 2014 season to start so NFLGAF Stafford haters can eat crow.

I've watched almost every game the guy has played. He has elite talent in terms of arm strength. accuracy, pocket presence etc.

Just because Scott Linehan would call slant routes out of shotgun on 3rd and 1 and a tipped ball would turn into an INT does not mean its the fault of Stafford.

Again, check his 2011 stats and look at how he distributed the ball when he had decent WRs other than Megatron, and some decent tight ends like Tony Scheffler.

Matthew Stafford hasn't had a decent #2 reciever since Titus Young went ill at the start of the 2012 season. Megatron gets double and triple teamed every play, but that will change when we draft Mike Evans at #10.

If you think Stafford is a mediocre QB you honestly have no idea what the hell you're taking about and I implore you to watch some highlight videos.

Restore the Roar 2014.

lol you wont

There are some messed up Packers fans. That could be a bad avatar if you lose. You know you are banking on Jim Caldwell, right?

I'm ready to face the consequences...

Grover my ninja

I hate that it had to be him

I'm hoping for the same. Lions win the division, Packers are 6th seed and we win the SB again

YO I JUST REMEMBERED I HAVE THE PERFECT AVATAR AHAHAHA

Oh god.

Nah, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't have confidence in the Lions taking that next step.

I'm on the :kas bandwagon

I've pretty much made up my mind in the dynasty league I'm in, but I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

Who will have the better year:

Shane Vereen

or

Andre Ellington??????

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Welcome aboard the Lions and Stafford bandwagon Grover. The train still has about 7 months to leave the station so you're getting your ticket prices at a great price.

doc52d7f4d2e97e88003261591.jpg

Restore the Roar 2014.

Carroll, a pending unrestricted free agent, expects to test free agency when the market opens on Monday, according to a league source. That doesn't mean he won't return to the Dolphins.

Carroll's agent met with the Dolphins during the Combine in Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago and the team told him it would like to have Carroll back. But that desire has so far not been accompanied by a contract offer to make that return possible.

So Carroll will shop his services with hopes of landing somewhere he can at least compete for a starting job.

Someone please take him! PLEASE!!!

Drakeon

Mark this post down.

Lol, with Caldwell? I've got serious doubts.

Didn't Arians say they are going to keep Ellington on a pitch count?

A few things about Ellington..

During the season Arians expressed his belief that Ellington wasn't "an every down back", noting concerns about durability. He also had some bro-love with Mendenhall, blah, blah, about Ellington needing to earn his spot..Also said he was happy with the amount of work Ellington received which seemed to be around 12-15 touches a game.

End of season GM makes a statement saying in so many words, we're going with a RBBC. Mendenhall is a free agent and recently made a tweet saying he's considering retirement. Facts show Ellington being explosive, younger, and obviously led the league in YPC..Mendenhall may or may not be back, even if he doesn't retire and his YPC were very low..He looks done based on last year.

Two days after GM makes his comments, Arians said, "We'd like to build our offense around Ellington" and "he'll get more snaps/touches." Also, "I want to see him put on some weight", plus, "Ellington has already added 10 lbs in the offseason."

So the GM and Arians made a bit of contradictory statements regarding Ellington's role in the future....Never heard anything about a snap count for Ellington and I've followed him pretty closely.

Personally, I think IF Mendenhall doesn't come back, it's Ellington's job to lose..He'll get 15 rushes a game, plus 4-5 looks in the passing game...So not a sole RB1, but close..Numbers suggest he'll be a good candidate to get 1500 all-purpose yards..Shit..this year he had 1000 all purpose and that was with a part-time split and missing a game.

IF Mendenhall comes back that caps his ceiling but we should expect number similiar to this year with a slight bump...He'll get more work, but it won't be much mroe..

Vereen...I feel like we know he isn't an every down back..We know what he is at best...A good pass catching back who will occasionally have a big game on 10-12 carries...We've seen Vereen at his best and his best isn't as good as the best we've seen from Ellington..Plus we don't even know how good Ellington can truly be..

Verdict...Ellington will have a better year than Vereen, even if Mendenhall comes back..

squicken

Verdict...Ellington will have a better year than Vereen, even if Mendenhall comes back..

I see what you are saying. I like Ellington as well, but Arians just has such a fetish for bigger, traditional I-Formation type RBs. Vereen is in a larger volume offense, but I guess ultimately I agree that we have seen his ceiling, and Ellington's is probably higher

e:

amazing

BiAhTfICMAAUGHJ.jpg

e2:

Not amazing

cc Buckethead

One Part Mr. Peanut, One Part Hipster Chic
The Monocle Returns as a Fashion Accessory

06ZNOTED-master675.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom