• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Cassell???????

Lol. Next Season is gonna be a joke. I mean I guess it can't be a bigger joke than last year, but looks like more hilarity coming our way.

And really not sure what you are supposed to do. There is no legit no.1 QB.

Oh well. Not everyone shamelessly tanks to get what they need.

Adrian Peterson tweeted his desire for the Vikings to sign free agent QB Michael Vick.
Peterson is never shy about giving personnel advice. This offseason, he's stated he doesn't want the Vikings to roll with a first-round rookie, instead preferring them to re-sign Matt Cassel. Now he took to Twitter to say he believes Vick would instantly make the Vikings a playoff team. Peterson's desire to win now is understandable as he enters his age-29 season. The problem is that Vick would be a heavy underdog to stay healthy long enough to reach a January game.
Damn didn't even realize AD was almost 29

squicken

No matter what kind of insults athletes throw at fans about not knowing the game and obsessing over fantasy football, they all seem to think roster building is like a Madden offseason

Vio-Lence

Banned
Bears let Devin Hester and Adam Podlesh walk. Podlesh was awful last year, and its about time we let Hester walk. Glad we don't have to watch that dope fair catch returnable balls and then let punts sail behind him when he should fair catch. Terrible decision making.

Dragon

Banned
What's weird is that people call each other snitches all the time now yet I remember yankeehater getting banned for doing that once.

Yeah I've only been banned for losing my mind on JABEE and saying MS is evil. Two things that I will stand by until the end of my days. I used to like yankeehater more when I was a lurker, now that I can respond to him, we get at odds.

Bears let Devin Hester and Adam Podlesh walk. Podlesh was awful last year, and its about time we let Hester walk. Glad we don't have to watch that dope fair catch returnable balls and then let punts sail behind him when he should fair catch. Terrible decision making.

Yeah Hester is a dope, but I think it's sad for Bears fans to feel this way when a couple of years ago they didn't have any viable receivers.

Yeah I've only been banned for losing my mind on JABEE and saying MS is evil. Two things that I will stand by until the end of my days. I used to like yankeehater more when I was a lurker, now that I can respond to him, we get at odds.

Yeah Hester is a dope, but I think it's sad for Bears fans to feel this way when a couple of years ago they didn't have any viable receivers.

:jnc, you never liked me!

Edit: You got banned for calling MS evil which is silly because they are evil, I think its more that if everyone would just agree that all the companies are evil no one would care about calling specific ones out when they do evil shit. Sony shutting down the GT5 servers to force people to upgrade to GT6 is just as shitty as the stuff MS does.

LJ11

That pro personnel guy is right about Byrd's lack of athleticism, if he had more speed he'd be in rare territory though. Still, his ball skills are through the roof. He attacks the ball at its highest point as if he were a receiver. Still remember a would be an INT his rookie year, just straight up robbed a WR at the highest point, I mean it looked like he got on a ladder to get it, was called for PI though. Total horse shit call too. It was a sick play.

Still, I wonder how he'll age, at the very least his back half will be Sammy Knight.

Hester was never a viable receiver though. His best season he had 57 catches for 757 yards and 3 TDs.

Fox318

BiAhTfICMAAUGHJ.jpg:large

48ACD.png

ShaneB

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...ses-in-history-seattle-seahawks-chicago-bears

I know people hate lists, but this is great. Dan Pompei gets lots of opinions from guys around the league on the 10 best defenses of all time. Dungy, Ozzie, Fisher, Madden just some of the guys he has giving perspective

A list about defence? Sign me up. Fun read. Not sure I agree with any "all time" list having something recent like the Hawks domination, but the point is valid about the league turning so heavy into offence, that a steller defence deserves the attention, the Niners weren't exactly far behind either, heck, even the Panthers had stellar defence stats.

Looking into probably recording my Madden league games moving forward. I'm usually terrible, but last night I had a great game I wish I could watch again
I won!
, and I guess maybe a couple people here might watch and maybe laugh at me being terrible :p

LJ11

Can he break press coverage well? Teams focus so much on speed and size but they never check if a guy can get off of the line.

He's shown he can but honestly he was move around so much and DBs played off so not enough of a sample. LSU played a bunch of press man though.

His short area quickness is great, good indication that can twist guys up at the line.

Fuck taking Aaron Donald at #5. DT is probably the most high risk/high reward position. Other than that thug Suh, most of the DTs are not top 5 material.

DTs that can get penetration don't come along very often. He's gonna have an immediate impact.

Who do you want at 5 if we can't trade down?

WTH..Frank and Ninja got perm'd? For what? :(

They were in the NBA gaf thing, and frank kept posting about it in other threads I dont think he got banned for any one thing in particular. I dont know what ninja did I just know someone said he was permed for the NBA gaf thing as well.

They were in the NBA gaf thing, and frank kept posting about it in other threads I dont think he got banned for any one thing in particular. I dont know what ninja did I just know someone said he was permed for the NBA gaf thing as well.
No clue what happened with NBA-GAF....quick synopsis?

No clue what happened with NBA-GAF....quick synopsis?

Sure, some dude showed up and trolled the thread, the regulars there jumped on him and he went to a mod that had never been in that thread before. The mod locked the thread, and blackace decided to re-open it, so he got demodded. Evillore locked it again and they banned a ton of the regulars, including a bunch of perms. The thread stayed locked for a long time afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom