• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Software development. If the company I interviewed with today gives me an offer tomorrow, I can actually get to choose where I work!

So pumped. Unemployment is over either way

That's great man! Unemployment is rough, and it's hard to stay motivated and positive about it, especially after an extended period of time. Glad to hear it's working out for you. Soon as you pick the location, we'll have to figure out how I can cash in on that drink...

Dragon

Banned
Today is a great week.

Job offer on Monday, and just had an interview today with another company that went pretty damn well, and I'm hoping for good news about this tomorrow.

Drinks on me boys

giphy.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
So much rumour and misinformation recently and I don't just mean from the Browns FO. Just to put the record straight:

- Ninja isn't permed. He'll be back later this month.
- Blondes > Brunettes* except for exceptional circumstances.
- Short hair is fine.
- Watkins and Gordon are going to go for over 1500 yards each for the Browns* if the Lions don't trade up with us to take him.
- Europeans are enlightened beings that deserve your respect.
- I should be in Prison NFLGAF but have been too busy to ask to be added yet.
- This might end up being my springtime jam.

Fox318

Today is a great week.

Job offer on Monday, and just had an interview today with another company that went pretty damn well, and I'm hoping for good news about this tomorrow.

Drinks on me boys

Wait a second...

I was just fired and I had an interview canceled.

squicken

Thanks Wes!

--

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
I feel like Watkins and Manziel are the biggest wildcards inside the top 6 picks. Bortles will fall out of top 7 if he doesn’t go 1st

HOU beat writer is convinced Cassel and Clowney to HOU is all smoke. LZ isn't a Bortles but then who that watches football is?

Wes

venison crêpe
Also in the news that Parcells is doing consulting work for Haslam, and met with Bridgewater for 4.5 hours, came away impressed

Yeah I read that story, I don't know anything about Parcells apart from recognising the surname being occasionally mentioned.

Bridgewtaer is the only QB I'd be happy taking at 4. He seems to be getting a lot of bad press because he does everything well but nothing spectacular with not much upside projected. Heck, I would take fairly good at everything right about now.

cdyhybrid

LZ isn't a Bortles but then who that watches football is?

This guy:

ZQPuTZW.jpg

Yeah I read that story, I don't know anything about Parcells apart from recognising the surname being occasionally mentioned.

Bridgewtaer is the only QB I'd be happy taking at 4. He seems to be getting a lot of bad press because he does everything well but nothing spectacular with not much upside projected. Heck, I would take fairly good at everything right about now.

Parcells won 2 SBs as HC with the Giants and went to another with the Pats. His coaching tree includes Belichick, Coughlin, and Payton among many other assistants.

squicken

Parcells is a HoF coach. In scouting terms he is probably most famous for first understanding how important effort and heart were for an athlete's performance in football.

More from LZ. One of the few guys I trust not to get used for smokescreens

The more conversations I have w/ contacts around league, the more I feel like Clowney, Mack, Matthews and Robinson all gone inside 5

So much rumour and misinformation recently and I don't just mean from the Browns FO. Just to put the record straight:

- Short hair is fine.
- Watkins and Gordon are going to go for over 1500 yards each for the Browns* if the Lions don't trade up with us to take him.

-Yay
-Nope
-Depends on the girl
-Spring-time optimism never hurt nobody
-I like Europeans. But MURICA is always No.1
-Shame, you're missing out
-Catchy

Wes

venison crêpe
So Parcells helping Haslam/us is a good thing from the sounds of it? Neat! Farmer seems to talk up the character aspect of players he wants on his team more than I've heard most GMs talk about in my short time following the sport and I like that approach - as long as they have the talent to back it up of course.

Trust me, I have done extensive personal research on this.

Fox318

- Short hair is fine.

You forgot Birmingham City > Aston Villa

cdyhybrid

Parcells' biggest accomplishment was getting the post-Aikman/Smith/Irvin Cowboys to the playoffs twice, including the game where Romo bobbled the snap for the game-winning kick.

I think Kevin O'Neill has a pretty solid case against the Dolphins. He works for them for 18 seasons and he's mysteriously fired a few days after The Wells Report hits, yet the only action he is presumably guilty of is laughing along with the others at a few vulgar comments. On top of that there was the whole deal where the team flew him out to Indy for the combine only to fire him.

Go get 'em, Kevin. This organization deserves it.

Parcells' biggest accomplishment was getting the post-Aikman/Smith/Irvin Cowboys to the playoffs twice, including the game where Romo bobbled the snap for the game-winning kick.

He got the Jets to the AFCCG once, he was a very good coach, but as the personal guy for the Fins he was a fucking disaster.

rando14

Thanks for clarifying, wes, glad to hear Ninja's coming back

3iZfg33.gif

that was so awesome

JABEE

That pro personnel guy is right about Byrd's lack of athleticism, if he had more speed he'd be in rare territory though. Still, his ball skills are through the roof. He attacks the ball at its highest point as if he were a receiver. Still remember a would be an INT his rookie year, just straight up robbed a WR at the highest point, I mean it looked like he got on a ladder to get it, was called for PI though. Total horse shit call too. It was a sick play.

Still, I wonder how he'll age, at the very least his back half will be Sammy Knight.

You would think he would age pretty well. Doesn't he use his vision and ability to read QBs to make most of his plays. As long as he doesn't lose everything he should be fine.

The Browns won't take Watkins, they already have a #1. They'll take a tackle to replace Joe Thomas. Mack is getting paid and will spend his career in Cleveland, and either restructure Thomas or let him go within the next few years because there's no way they'll lock up that much money on the OLine with both of those guys.

Greg

Today is a great week.

Drinks on me boys
congrats man!

I'll take a water on the rocks

squicken

The Browns won't take Watkins, they already have a #1. They'll take a tackle to replace Joe Thomas. Mack is getting paid and will spend his career in Cleveland, and either restructure Thomas or let him go within the next few years because there's no way they'll lock up that much money on the OLine with both of those guys.

The Browns could have won that division if they could have just had average QB play. They are as close as any last place team in going worst to first, but they need a QB. They will draft a QB at 4, it's just a matter of who imo. Their game is to make sure no one jumps them to 2 or 3 and gets the guy they want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom