• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

local writers are simply saying the Lions are at Clemson alongside other teams for media day. We aren't the only team who likes Watkins.

I wish we could just go after Nicks or Sanders, then use the 10th pick on a safety or Mack. We can get another solid WR in the second or third round.

although to be fair, I wouldn't be mad if we got Evans at 10.

cdyhybrid

uqzqmDw.png

Sorry Russell, we had a good run but all good things must come to an end!

squicken

local writers are simply saying the Lions are at Clemson alongside other teams for media day. We aren't the only team who likes Watkins.

I wish we could just go after Nicks or Sanders, then use the 10th pick on a safety or Mack. We can get another solid WR in the second or third round.

although to be fair, I wouldn't be mad if we got Evans at 10.

Doesn't hurt to kick the tires. What if he is there at 6? Do they move up? I like Evans too, but Sammy is in a different class. He could have an Andre Johnson career. I'm not saying he will, but it is within him. Evans doesn't have that potential

I think Kevin O'Neill has a pretty solid case against the Dolphins. He works for them for 18 seasons and he's mysteriously fired a few days after The Wells Report hits, yet the only action he is presumably guilty of is laughing along with the others at a few vulgar comments. On top of that there was the whole deal where the team flew him out to Indy for the combine only to fire him.

Go get 'em, Kevin. This organization deserves it.

I heard on Twitter that it was the NFL that pushed Miami into letting him go because be wouldn't cooperate, I hope he does win against the fins for being idiots though

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Congrats ActStriker! It's no fun being unemployed...

When I saw the car clip I thought it was different game.

Ubisoft always do this, The Division will look nothing like that E3 reveal by the time it's finally released as well.

I'm struggling to think of a worse downgrade from reveal to actual. Madden 06 maybe?

I feel like Killzone 2 was more representative of it's original trailer than Watchdogs.

edit: McNabb would be proud

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

The Browns could have won that division if they could have just had average QB play. They are as close as any last place team in going worst to first, but they need a QB. They will draft a QB at 4, it's just a matter of who imo. Their game is to make sure no one jumps them to 2 or 3 and gets the guy they want

The line really let down whatever quality QB play we might have had last season. The Browns aren't going to draft a QB and throw him in there to win the division. Our line right now would get a new QB killed. Hoyer can get rid of the ball quickly, and he is more than good enough.

They'll draft a QB of course, but not in the first round.

I just saw the Tretton news. I am shocked they are dumping him, I thought he got a lot of the the credit for saving the Playstation brand.

Everyone saw the Watchdogs thing coming from a mile away, the Division wont look anywhere close to what the originally showed either. Sucks that R6P is in development hell for these other games.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just saw the Tretton news. I am shocked they are dumping him, I thought he got a lot of the the credit for saving the Playstation brand.

Everyone saw the Watchdogs thing coming from a mile away, the Division wont look anywhere close to what the originally showed either. Sucks that R6P is in development hell for these other games.

What other game did Ubisoft do a trailer for that looked nothing like the actual? I see a lot of people saying that it's obvious that this is what Ubisoft does so I'm just curious.

I have a feeling that PS4's success meant that Tretton and Sony didn't come to terms on his new contract. He's going to make more money elsewhere...I don't think he was "forced out" persay.

What other game did Ubisoft do a trailer for that looked nothing like the actual? I see a lot of people saying that it's obvious that this is what Ubisoft does so I'm just curious.

I have a feeling that PS4's success meant that Tretton and Sony didn't come to terms on his new contract. He's going to make more money elsewhere...I don't think he was "forced out" persay.

I wanna say AC 1 looked much better in its reveal then the final game did, but mostly I just meant that Watchdogs and the Division specifically looked to good for current gen consoles.

Why would the PS4's success make it harder for them to agree on a new contract? PS4 is the one thing Sony has going well now, surprised they would let anyone involved leave.

tmdorsey

More from LZ. One of the few guys I trust not to get used for smokescreens

I hope he's wrong.

In order of most to least desirable at the #6 pick for us from what I've been hearing about them:

1.Clowney
2.Robinson
3.Mack
4.Matthews

If all of them are gone, then I hope like hell we can trade out of the pick.

bionic77

So much rumour and misinformation recently and I don't just mean from the Browns FO. Just to put the record straight:

- Ninja isn't permed. He'll be back later this month.
- Blondes > Brunettes* except for exceptional circumstances.
- Short hair is fine.
- Watkins and Gordon are going to go for over 1500 yards each for the Browns* if the Lions don't trade up with us to take him.
- Europeans are enlightened beings that deserve your respect.
- I should be in Prison NFLGAF but have been too busy to ask to be added yet.
- This might end up being my springtime jam.
You just made my day.

Tebow bless you.

squicken

I hope he's wrong.

In order of most to least desirable at the #6 pick for us from what I've been hearing about them:

1.Clowney
2.Robinson
3.Mack
4.Matthews

If all of them are gone, then I hope like hell we can trade out of the pick.

I think every team hopes HOU takes a QB at 1. Just seems like history will be unkind to a team that takes "Blake Bortles" over those guys

cdyhybrid

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m

Seattle DE Michael Bennett will be testing the free agent market and will not be re-signing with the Seahawks before March 11th, per source.

rando14

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m

Seattle DE Michael Bennett will be testing the free agent market and will not be re-signing with the Seahawks before March 11th, per source.

Unfortunate but about what I expected. He wants big money and he deserves it.

cdyhybrid

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet now

Seattle has made an offer to Michael Bennett, who has left it on the table to seek others. Will see if he returns. Oak, Chicago, others wait

Edit:

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 25s

If Bennett moves on from Seattle, count me among those who'd be intrigued by what Carroll and Quinn would do with LaMarr Houston.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Among teams interested in Michael Vick, don’t rule out #Jaguars. They want to bring Chad Henne back. But would be in on Vick or Josh McCown

Free agency will be very interesting as far as the draft goes. These QBs are going to want assurances about the draft plans and competing when they sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom