• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

idk he's been pretty plugged in in the past. Free agency is going to be enlightening for lots of teams

He's been wrong a lot more than he has been right. He was adamant they wouldn't fire Kubiak during the season.

Here is another one:

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 18m
I'm still stunned that Wade Phillips wasn't hired as a DC. If I'm a first-time head coach, I'd love to have a former head coach like Wade.

I don't know...because his defense was utter predictable this year and he had a deer in the headlights look during 2-14?

squicken

He's been wrong a lot more than he has been right. He was adamant they wouldn't fire Kubiak during the season.

hmm can't blame him on that. Don't think Kubes gets fired if he just stays with Keenum. I mean did you ever think we'd see Schaub in a game after the game where he got booed out of the building?

MechDX

hmm can't blame him on that. Don't think Kubes gets fired if he just stays with Keenum. I mean did you ever think we'd see Schaub in a game after the game where he got booed out of the building?

Kubiak was gone either way. Did you watch O'Briens introductory presser?McNair flat called Kubiak out with his comments about a coach that has an ability to change up game plans.

Schaub is gone. The only concern I have is when is it going to happen? Cuts need to be finalized by this Monday correct?

Here is how the Texans front office views McClain:

1373073327_smoke.gif

They can feed him all the mis-information they want and know he will report and everyone will be "Its john McClain so it must be true!'

squicken

Schaub is gone. The only concern I have is when is it going to happen? Cuts need to be finalized by this Monday correct?

Here is how the Texans front office views McClain:

1373073327_smoke.gif

Love that gif

Just have to be under the cap by Monday. The only teams still over, I think, are Dallas and Pittsburgh

after our likely comp picks i believe the niners will have 13 picks. much like last year, there is no way we have a spot for that many draft picks. hopefully we can trade up in the first round for the same value as we did with the cowboys last year! move from 31 to 18 and only give up an extra 3rd rounder!

MechDX

Love that gif

Just have to be under the cap by Monday. The only teams still over, I think, are Dallas and Pittsburgh

Kind of a shitty thing to do for a player though. As much as I despise Schaub he did lead us to our first divis.....no wait he didn't! TJ did.

Fuck Schaub!

They still need the money to be under the cap and sign any free agents.

Colasante

I'm thinking Byrd to Cle, Decker to Indy happen fast.

I don't know if Ryan Clark, as a player, is any more plugged into free agency than NFL analysts, but this is interesting nonetheless. At this point, it seems like Indy might be the only team foolish enough to pay Decker like a true #1 receiver, so I can believe that part.

squicken

I don't know if Ryan Clark, as a player, is any more plugged into free agency than NFL analysts, but this is interesting nonetheless. At this point, it seems like Indy might be the only team foolish enough to pay Decker like a true #1 receiver, so I can believe that part.

I think he will be good there. He's not a #1, but with Hitlon and Wayne, he can be a part of a very good WR group

Interesting thoughts from D'Qwell Jackson on leaving Cleveland. I think people don't understand the psychological impact a QB has on the team. When Hoyer got hurt and Weeden/campbell had to play, you could see that team's will fade. It's why I think all these QB needy teams won't be passing on QBs like everyone thinks

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=29501

“If you’ve been in this game long enough, you start to realize if you don’t have a guy under center, it’s going to be hard for you to be in a place with stability and let alone win games,” Jackson said on a conference call.

“Unfortunately, that’s been my career in Cleveland. But it never stopped my drive, my passion, the way I prepared, the way I played the game at all. I can only imagine. That’s why I’m so excited today because there is a guy under center. I feel it’s like it’s going to re-engergize the batteries. I feel like everything happens for a reason. I’m in the right place.”

“Everyone I spoke to, that seemed to be the common thread in terms of getting to that next level. It’s that missing piece I wasn’t aware of being in Cleveland. Everyone has to like each other. You have to like going to work in order to get your job done. It makes everyone better."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom