• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Louie is awesome - I love how random it is at times

The end of the first episode where his date just jumps on the helicopter made me do a double take. It was just so...I didn't see it coming lol.

And then he just watches it fly away just as fucking confused as I was.

bionic77

I call shenanigans if Bionic is hired as the lawyer. He will not treat me or any other Patriots fan fairly during a parole hearing !!!!
You will take your gang rape and life time in jail (via plea bargain of course, fuck going to trial) and like it.

Everyone loved oz so I am not sure why you are complaining.
Did he at least sound better educated than Gata?
Hard to compare idiocy at such a high level. The difference is very small and since both of them barely have any functioning brain cells each one that is working matters that much more.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You will take your gang rape and life time in jail (via plea bargain of course, fuck going to trial) and like it.

Doom's apparently already on the job...

k2AzGfU.jpg

Vyer

I had to look up The Counselor.

How is it a Scott movie with a McCarthy script and those actors gets totally no buzz? Most of the reviews seem poor, but even then I'm surprised it's been rather ignored.

squicken

Peyton Manning’s Legacy

Those who believe Montana or Brady are better than Manning will not be convinced otherwise. I have no interest in yet another Brady/Manning debate. I would not deem it a coincidence that Montana and Brady were coached by Bill Walsh and Bill Belichick, the two best coaches of the last 30 years. I would not be so quick to blame Manning for losing in the Super Bowl, instead of praising him for taking teams coached by Jim Caldwell and John Fox to the big game. Brady, like Montana, has won just two MVPs. He was only a first-team All-Pro selection twice in his career, although he has a good excuse: he was competing with Manning nearly every year.

---

Quarterback debates can be silly. We don’t wonder why Barry Sanders never won a Super Bowl. The legacy of Jim Brown wasn’t tarnished even though he didn’t win a playoff game until his second-to-last season. Manning is the greatest quarterback in NFL history. That’s his legacy. He’s earned that label after reaching unparalleled levels of success, by producing at a level well above average, game after game, month after month, season after season. It’s a bit odd that Manning’s teams haven’t had more success in the playoffs, but that’s all it is. Ted Williams never won a World Series, but it doesn’t make him any less of a ballplayer. Even Boston fans can agree with that.

We are told that quarterbacks are different, and that a quarterback is responsible for his team’s success. But constant repetition does not make it so. We’re smart enough to know this; I know we are. We don’t think Russell Wilson is a better quarterback than Manning just because the Seahawks beat the Broncos. But Super Bowl XLVIII just showed that a great team can beat a great quarterback. A great effort by an in all three phases of the game is usually what it takes to beat Manning. Perhaps that is his true legacy, as no quarterback has ever been tougher to beat.

I had to look up The Counselor.

How is it a Scott movie with a McCarthy script and those actors gets totally no buzz? Most of the reviews seem poor, but even then I'm surprised it's been rather ignored.

Most reviews were kind of perplexed, and not quite sure what to make of the movie. My guess is it becomes an underground classic that gets its credit years down the line.

I still gotta see it...

These writers are asking the wrong questions anyway. Manning's legacy to me can be summed up thusly:

If you were a team playing in the Super Bowl, would he be your first choice?

bionic77

These writers are asking the wrong questions anyway. Manning's legacy to me can be summed up thusly:

We are in the age of stats bro.

Super Bowls come and go but inflated statistics and made up metrics are forever.

LJ11

Lets ask another question

Who are the alternatives?

I'm going with Joe Flacco, clutch as fuck. No interceptions thrown bro, none. GOAT

MechDX

Montana- Joe cool. Never flustered
Namath- That moxy
Brady-because fuck NFL GAF
Staubach- Hate the Cowboys but Staubach was great

bionic77

It's a disgrace that any of the shitty current qbs are even compared to Montana. Maybe Unitas or some other old fuck warrants that comparison but I never saw those guys play.

And Montana played when the other teams would fuck your qb up and then break your receivers legs. This pussy era is so much easier for qbs to play in and Stafford is the ultimate argument that the stats don't mean shit.

More than anyone else I ever saw play you wanted Joe back there with the ball in his hands for a big game.

LJ11

Entire pool of QBs. From Starr to Flaclol.

Oh then I'm going with Frank Reich! Clutch city.

They got whipped, Manning's in his 40s, doesn't have the arm he once did but that team would be drafting in the top 10 without him. This is the same franchise that let Dumervil go for nothing, hahahahahahahaha

Oh then I'm going with Frank Reich! Clutch city.

They got whipped, Manning's in his 40s, doesn't have the arm he once did but that team would be drafting in the top 10 without him. This is the same franchise that let Dumervil go for nothing, hahahahahahahaha

C'mon man, Manning's made a career of being shut down in the playoffs. This same shit happened to Manning when he was 29.

The only reason the greatest QB of all time even has a Super Bowl win is because the opposing QB was Rex Grossman.

Since I never played through it the first tie I had it. I ordered the Final Fantasy III remake for the DS. I just felt the urge to play it again

niners......

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!!! AINT NO WAY I WAS POSTING IN THIS THREAD BEFORE CHANGING THAT DICK SHERMAN AVATAR!

LJ11

C'mon man, Manning's made a career of being shut down in the playoffs. This same shit happened to Manning when he was 29.

The only reason the greatest QB of all time even has a Super Bowl win is because the opposing QB was Rex Grossman.

Remember how he got to that Superbowl? 21-3 and looking down the barrel of another L, then the comeback started, or choke depending on your perspective.

Remember how he got to that Superbowl? 21-3 and looking down the barrel of another L, then the comeback started, or choke depending on your perspective.

That's the one reason why I will kind of forgive Manning of his failings, he beat the Cheaters at the very height of their cheating. Also love him for taking 3 and half quarters to wake up against the Steelers in the playoffs and by then it was too late.

Jayhawk

That article had this little snippet about Joe Montana's playoff failures. Interesting to read since I was too young for this shit.

The Montana over Manning argument is simple: Montana is better because he went 4-0 in Super Bowls, while Manning is 1-2. Such hard-hitting analysis ignores the fact that in each of the four seasons Montana won the Super Bowl, the 49ers defense ranked in the top three in either yards allowed, points allowed, or both. For Manning, “only one Super Bowl” is a scarlet letter. The common argument goes, “How could the greatest quarterback ever only win one Super Bowl?” That’s a fair question to ask, but we know the answer: the playoffs are a single elimination tournament where random events happen. Montana threw three interceptions and lost a fumble in the 1981 NFC Championship Game, but the 49ers still won. In Super Bowl XXII, Montana nearly lost the game with a pass that hit Lewis Billups in the hands, but the defensive back couldn’t catch the ball. Montana was a better quarterback in the playoffs than Manning, but he also lost twice as 8+ point favorites. In one of those games, he was benched. Montana may be the second greatest quarterback of all time, but his resume is not beyond reproach.

squicken

Lets ask another question

Who are the alternatives?

I'm going with Joe Flacco, clutch as fuck. No interceptions thrown bro, none. GOAT

Yep. Can't argue with Flacco

It's a disgrace that any of the shitty current qbs are even compared to Montana. Maybe Unitas or some other old fuck warrants that comparison but I never saw those guys play.

And Montana played when the other teams would fuck your qb up and then break your receivers legs. This pussy era is so much easier for qbs to play in and Stafford is the ultimate argument that the stats don't mean shit.

More than anyone else I ever saw play you wanted Joe back there with the ball in his hands for a big game.

Why did Joe have fewer MVPs and All Pro selections? Or are those stats too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom