• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

Free agent Bengals DE Michael Johnson is expected to earn more than $10 million per year on the open market. Per Rotoworld, "Bengals coaches want Johnson back, per Caplan, but Cincinnati won't franchise tag him for the second straight year and seems unlikely to commit long term to Johnson after locking up Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins, and using a 2013 second-round pick on Margus Hunt. Johnson is athletic enough to drop into coverage and rush with his hand up, so he figures to be pursued by both 4-3 and 3-4 teams. That "scheme versatility" will boost his market worth."

I'm disappointed by this but not surprised. The Patriots wanted him last offseason before he was franchise tagged and I was hoping they'd go after him again, but they're certainly not paying that much.

Have you kids seen any good movies lately?

After I watched The Counselor I watched Neal Brennan's standup which was pretty funny.

That reminds me, can I have permission to say the N word?

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was seriously great.

Delivery Man was a nice comedy with some really funny parts. Overall really nice, must watch if you want to feel better.

Jack Ryan was about as average as they come.

Also saw Warrior again not too long ago, which is the fucking best movie ever.

Wait. We hate women? Hitokage posts here every day.

Ad Jakncoke! She may have a bit of a potty mouth, but she's still a lady.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
lol

I'm not female. :p

Oh. For reals though, no joke? Thought you were. My bad.

I think he means that woman are considered minorities and Ez hates minorites.

Yeah, but Ez hates himself more. The frozen tundra of his own soul remains Lambeau Leapless and a thousand purple Favre jerseys haunt his every waking hour.

Completely negated by the fact bionic posts here. Dude wouldn't unlock a bathroom to save a woman's life.

Considering his team, we should be lucky that's all he's doing in women's bathrooms.

Free agent Bengals DE Michael Johnson is expected to earn more than $10 million per year on the open market. Per Rotoworld, "Bengals coaches want Johnson back, per Caplan, but Cincinnati won't franchise tag him for the second straight year and seems unlikely to commit long term to Johnson after locking up Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins, and using a 2013 second-round pick on Margus Hunt. Johnson is athletic enough to drop into coverage and rush with his hand up, so he figures to be pursued by both 4-3 and 3-4 teams. That "scheme versatility" will boost his market worth."

I'm disappointed by this but not surprised. The Patriots wanted him last offseason before he was franchise tagged and I was hoping they'd go after him again, but they're certainly not paying that much.

Been on my radar for awhile, I think Reggie might target him.

cuckold-shaming

On a totally unrelated note holy shit the lightning returns demo is rad. That battle system!!

Do you actually get to play the battles this time? I used to love FF games but FFX2 and FFX3 have really burnt me out. I hate basically sitting back and watching the action happen. I miss the old turn based days.

=(

Also, because I think I'm suffering from some strange case of bandwagoner's/winner's guilt or something, and I'm feeling generous, I'm going to give away a copy of Rust to someone in NFL-Steam-gaf tonight. Haven't played it myself, but seems like it's good times to be had!

Oh been wanting to try that out. Where do I sign up?

ShaneB

Oh been wanting to try that out. Where do I sign up?

Your Raiders missed the playoffs, so you deserve a good time. You'll get a copy of Rust =)

Still feeling generous, so maybe I'll giveaway a copy of Boderlands 2 since that';s the weekend deal.

You can pick either I suppose! Also, add me on Steam! I didn't know you were on there bud.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do you actually get to play the battles this time? I used to love FF games but FFX2 and FFX3 have really burnt me out. I hate basically sitting back and watching the action happen. I miss the old turn based days.

I can't tell if you didn't like FFX2 or FFXII. I thought FFX2 was the last great FF game so I'm hyped for the Vita version of both X and X2.

I enjoyed 13 and 13-2 although neither were that great. Will check out LR at some point but definitely don't feel like paying $60 for it, especially because its coming out the same week as Bravely Default and a couple Vita games I'm looking forward to.

I also just bought a 3DS XL so I could play Bravely Default along with about a half dozen other 3DS games I really wanted to check out. Gotta say the 3D on it really hurts my old man eyes, can pretty much only use it on the lowest 3D effect without getting sick.

Wish there was an easier way to add friends. Friend codes are stupid.

I can't tell if you didn't like FFX2 or FFXII. I thought FFX2 was the last great FF game so I'm hyped for the Vita version of both X and X2.

I enjoyed 13 and 13-2 although neither were that great. Will check out LR at some point but definitely don't feel like paying $60 for it, especially because its coming out the same week as Bravely Default and a couple Vita games I'm looking forward to.

I also just bought a 3DS XL so I could play Bravely Default along with about a half dozen other 3DS games I really wanted to check out. Gotta say the 3D on it really hurts my old man eyes, can pretty much only use it on the lowest 3D effect without getting sick.

Wish there was an easier way to add friends. Friend codes are stupid.

Mean to say XII, FF12. I played all the way through both 12 and 13 and I thought that the combat sucked in both, although 13's was better.

Because people keep asking, Mr. trejo's tortilla chips are on page 10 of this thread (for the 100 ppp master race, 50 ppp peasants are on their own).

As for the banning itself
You-Are-So-Dumb-Antoine-Dodson-Bed-Intruder-GIF.gif

It's just a dumb post and he should've known that they don't play that over in the OT. I don't think the joke was that harmful, but he still should've exercised better judgement and thought twice before making it.

The OT streets are too hot and too many trigger-happy mods are out there to play around.

That bird is proper filth.

Any of you tossers seen The Inbetweeners? Just a bunch of swots and slags going all Mary Poppins at private school.

I've never seen it.

Nameless

Have you kids seen any good movies lately?

After I watched The Counselor I watched Neal Brennan's standup which was pretty funny.

That reminds me, can I have permission to say the N word?

Finally saw Man of Steel. I thought it was superb. In fact I haven't enjoyed super hero movie that much since Chris Nolan's The Joker. The amount of destruction was over exaggerated. I was expecting a stadium full of Puppy Bowl spectators to be incinerated the way people bitched about it, but it was exactly what should happen when damn near omnipotent beings are fighting.

My only complaint is the film needed more

evil-mos-jpg_164739.jpg

Sooo good.

Your Raiders missed the playoffs, so you deserve a good time. You'll get a copy of Rust =)

Still feeling generous, so maybe I'll giveaway a copy of Boderlands 2 since that';s the weekend deal.

You can pick either I suppose! Also, add me on Steam! I didn't know you were on there bud.

Rust is cool. Thanks man! And we're already friends. I'll send you a message.

I saw the Bravely Default commercial last night, had no idea what I was seeing and thought it looked great, then the name came up and I remember you all talking about it. Is it out? My 3DS is going unused since SMTIV, but I was thinking about picking up the new Professor Layton, and now this too.

And RIP Chris. You was good people

You' d better be getting Bravely Default tomorrow, then! The battle system is actually the greatest strength of the FF XIII series. It's pretty rewarding to rapidly swap out paradigms on the fly to form effective combos for stronger enemies/bosses. The fast pace is a blast and now Lightning Returns adds the class dynamic to the mix. Bravely Default will offer the classic form of a class based system you desire, turn based intact.

eznark

Banned
You skipped Zelda? I thought you decided smack was whack?

Bravely Default is up at midnight tonight or you can be King Nerd like Bob and wait for the CE tomorrow.

You skipped Zelda? I thought you decided smack was whack?

Bravely Default is up at midnight tonight or you can be King Nerd like Bob and wait for the CE tomorrow.

Pfft we have careers, EZ. We don't wait up at midnight for a game we won't be playing until the next day anyway. I'll be picking this up during lunch break tomorrow. Are you getting the game? who all from our insular community is picking this up?

You' d better be getting Bravely Default tomorrow, then! The battle system is actually the greatest strength of the FF XIII series. It's pretty rewarding to rapidly swap out paradigms on the fly to form effective combos for stronger enemies/bosses. The fast pace is a blast and now Lightning Returns adds the class dynamic to the mix. Bravely Default will offer the classic form of a classic based system you desire, turn based intact.

I will definitely check it out. My mother in law borrowed the 3DS when she was visiting because she is addicted to Zelda games and my wife showed her ALBW.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I saw the Bravely Default commercial last night, had no idea what I was seeing and thought it looked great, then the name came up and I remember you all talking about it. Is it out? My 3DS is going unused since SMTIV, but I was thinking about picking up the new Professor Layton, and now this too.

And RIP Chris. You was good people

Its out tomorrow.

Wish I could have found the CE anywhere but just ended up buying the regular edition instead.

eznark

Banned
I might have one to sell friend.

Pfft we have careers, EZ. We don't wait up at midnight for a game we won't be playing until the next day anyway. I'll be picking this up during lunch break tomorrow. Are you getting the game? who all from our insular community is picking this up?

Hey I might get up at a reasonable hour tomorrow for some day DOTA with brentech, you never know. The kids starting sleeping great though and its a Friday so I wouldn't count on it.

I'll be grabbing it at midnight for sure. Anything to put off that Tales 3ds game a bit longer.

I might have one to sell friend.

Hey I might get up at a reasonable hour tomorrow for some day DOTA with brentech, you never know. The kids starting sleeping great though and its a Friday so I wouldn't count on it.

I'll be grabbing it at midnight for sure. Anything to put off that Tales 3ds game a bit longer.

You have time to play before work? What time do you get up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom