• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Got the laser tag guns I rented for my sons B day party and tried them out. Tried to go dual weilding, John Woo on their prepubescent asses and kept killing myself cause I had the guns too close together.

Mmmmmm.

If only we didn't lose in the first round of the playoffs so terribly.

Ah, the Titans. They crushed the Steelers that year. If they hadn't, the Steelers would have been the first team in NFL history to not give up one game with 300 yards of total offense in the regular season.

They did give up another 300+ yard total offense game that season, in the Super Bowl.

Take that Legion of Boom.

Spinluck

Got the laser tag guns I rented for my sons B day party and tried them out. Tried to go dual weilding, John Woo on their prepubescent asses and kept killing myself cause I had the guns too close together.

i didn't know you had a kid mech.

does he look up to andrew luck?

jakncoke

Banned

Who financing the league? Where they going to play, how much they going to pay players aka how low will their salary cap be, tv contracts? These leagues suffer these 4 big things time and time again. They either dont have a tv contract and if they do its on some small network or they run out of money or they cant pay people enough to get any talent pool beyond guys that cant make it in the NFL with the occasional dude you heard of.

Who financing the league? Where they going to play, how much they going to pay players aka how low will their salary cap be, tv contracts? These leagues suffer these 4 big things time and time again. They either dont have a tv contract and if they do its on some small network or they run out of money or they cant pay people enough to get any talent pool beyond guys that cant make it in the NFL with the occasional dude you heard of.

TedDiBiaseSr2nd.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Bitch Kitty on cocaine

Edit; so that league according to Wiki only 2 games that broadcasted and will be on espn2 , what about the other? 14 weeks, 8 teams and you got 2 teams on tv. Yeah this going to go well. That Mike Keller is a curse to these leagues I think.

eznark

Banned
Uh those guys were from the Netherlands Dutch, not dutchville. Stop taking credit.

Hows that sweep taste slo you dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!

RBH

Last year, tight end Tony Gonzalez was 95 percent sure he’d retire. He didn’t.

This year, Gonzalez moved the number to 100 percent. But he mused during the season about a possible return to the Falcons in 2014 — after hoping that he’d be traded to a contender.

In a lengthy look at Gonzalez’s final (we think) season in Atlanta, Seth Wickersham of ESPN The Magazine writes that Gonzalez at one point told quarterback Matt Ryan that Gonzalez could swoop back in next season, if things are going well.

“Maybe, if the team is hot in November, 9-2 or something, I could come back for the last two months,” Gonzalez said.

Wickersham explains that Gonzalez decided he was definitely done a few days later, after Packers safety Morgan Burnett yelled, “F–k you! You ain’t sh-t!” to Gonzalez and none of his teammates came to Gonzalez’s defense.

While that exchange apparently cemented Gonzalez’s desire to move on, he almost moved on from the Falcons in October, at the trade deadline. Gonzalez knew he couldn’t ask for a trade, like he’d done in Kansas City. But he would have accepted one. And eventually he wanted one. Per Wickersham, Gonzalez was hopeful for a deadline deal, with the Seahawks (ouch) and the Chiefs believed to be interested.

As Gonzalez texted friends to find out if any rumors could be coming to fruition, the Falcons were steadfast in their desire to not make a deal.

“Welp,” Gonzalez said to his wife, Tobie, after 4:00 p.m. came and went on October 29 without a trade. “We’re staying here.”

“Well, sh-t,” Tobie said.

Gonzalez may be uttering that word and others when he reads the entire article, because it peels back an image that had been carefully manicured throughout his length career.

“He bitches to teammates about losing,” Wickersham writes. “He pouts about the constant double-teams. He muses about telling everyone to kiss his ass goodbye.” Gonzalez is quoted as saying he “acted like a pissed-off kid” after not being traded.

“I’m going to show them,” Gonzalez said. “I’m just going to leave. They’re never going to see me again. I’m not going to care about them.”
nevKhmW.gif

Tony Gonzalez heel turn :(

squicken

nevKhmW.gif

Tony Gonzalez heel turn :(

I remember people talking about trading him, but he had far more value to the Falcons in giving Ryan a target in a lost season. The last thing they needed was Ryan looking even worse as he lost the last of his three Pro Bowl WR/TE to throw to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom