• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

TheFatOne

Even if that's true, the NFL has a lot to support that assumption. Right now we're simply talking about the Colts game, but if this goes to court the NFL can subpoena players from across the league who noticed under-inflated balls in games vs. the Pats. They can get testimony after testimony that nothing happens to footballs without the QBs consent. The preponderance of evidence is clearly on the NFL's side.

Bradys lawyers would absolutely destroy this. There is zero chance of this happening.

Godslay

Banned
I'm afraid justice will not be served.

If Brady gets an injunction like some suggest, he'll kick the can down the road to the offseason or potentially retire before it's served. If he doesn't get it though, the punishment immediately kicks in.

Ideally I don't care if he gets suspended or it's upheld. I'm hoping that Brady continues his downward spiral and Garapolol is garbage. We can have it all in one season.

As for those who would say, "bububu you've got an old Peyton and Brock!" I'm counting on them both sucking this year, and the run game accounting for that.

MechDX

I sort of discussed it, but whatever.

Other people can take care of that, thanks. :)

rosencopter-o.gif

Rosencopter? One of the greatest moments in NFL history

MechDX

How about this:

I think the name "Texans" is dumb and redundant. I also feel the uniforms need some work and the helmets should be changed to red.

Pepiope

If Brady gets an injunction like some suggest, he'll kick the can down the road to the offseason or potentially retire before it's served. If he doesn't get it though, the punishment immediately kicks in.

Ideally I don't care if he gets suspended or it's upheld. I'm hoping that Brady continues his downward spiral and Garapolol is garbage. We can have it all in one season.

As for those who would say, "bububu you've got an old Peyton and Brock!" I'm counting on them both sucking this year, and the run game accounting for that.
Well, half of that is already true.

That's not nice to say.

Does anybody not expect Peyton to suck? At least if he had quit after the playoffs it would have not been as embarrassing/depressing as it's going to get.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
We can't deal in certainties yet.

So many declared Brady dead last year, and then he pumped up and played okay the rest of the year. Whether that was the deflated balls or getting into Gronk's stash is up for discussion. I think it is our best judgment to let the process happen naturally.

And then calmly, and most importantly, impassionately, launch him into the sun.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Texas Houstons with red helmets would be a cooler team.

Could just call them the damn Oilers for extra confusion.

Honestly they're the Bulls but I imagine the NBA would have an issue with that.

Also totally agree on the red helmets. They need more red in the uniforms in general.

I think you guys are fine the way you are, it's great to have a little brother in the division.

How does it feel knowing your team is wasting the talent of one of the best quarterbacks to come out in a long time?

Godslay

Banned
Does anybody not expect Peyton to suck? At least if he had quit after the playoffs it would have not been as embarrassing/depressing as it's going to get.

You'll probably just see an Elway type of transition this year. Probably less attempts, more run focused. Really just depends on what Kubiak dials up, as he'll be calling the plays. Then again I'm just guessing and it could be completely different offense then what I am envisioning.

Peyton is only human though, so at some point if he continues he will fall off. How hard and how fast is the question. I won't deny that.

And then calmly, and most importantly, impassionately, launch him into the sun.

There is no love or glory in destroying the enemy. It is a duty.

TheFatOne

Deep down you know that JAG is going to be better than Brady, and McDaniels will be better than Belichick. Just embrace the McDaniels + JAG future overlords.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-chicago-bears-1720623495

Some people think Cutler’s wife nuts because she doesn’t believe in vaccinating her children, but she may be on to something here. If every child born in Chicago were to forgo the scientific miracle which is vaccination, they may not live long enough to become Bears fans.
The greatest moment of the past 30 years was a kick return in a game we lost.
My friend who suffered from epileptic seizure activity throughout his life finally had a series of operations that fixed the issue completely. Soon after, with no prior interest in football, he told me he was taking up Bears fandom. This is 100% truth: A man literally has a piece of his brain removed, becomes a Bears fan.
Bill Barnwell just made a list of the 100 best players in the NFL.

Robert Mays just listed the 10 best offensive lineman in the NFL.

Not one Chicago Bear made either list.
They signed noted terrible person Ray McDonald because his parents said he’s a nice guy and not a lady-beating shitstain. Before he could even make it to training camp the exact thing that we all knew would happen happened and the front office looked as dumbfounded as Jim McMahon during one of his concussion spells.

MechDX

Could just call them the damn Oilers for extra confusion.

Honestly they're the Bulls but I imagine the NBA would have an issue with that.

Also totally agree on the red helmets. They need more red in the uniforms in general.

How does it feel knowing your team is wasting the talent of one of the best quarterbacks to come out in a long time?

c1972beddd5dfe5a9e612c7aba272a09.jpg

On March 2, 2000, Houston NFL 2002 announced that the team name search had been narrowed down to five choices: Bobcats, Stallions, Texans, Toros, and Apollos. The list of names was determined after several months of research conducted jointly by Houston NFL 2002 and NFL Properties. An online survey regarding the name generated more than 65,000 responses in just seven days.

I wanted Apollos or Stallions. Toros would have been ok

Done and done

Bread

Banned
i expect him to put up 10 games of old good manning. he'll wear down at the end of the year though.

It's July, in the heat of the baseball trade deadline, and this story will have the NFL at the top of the sports news headlines.

Gooddell knows what he's doing.

TheFatOne

Not at all. He lives for the regular season. Once the weather starts to get cold his numbers will drop, and we will see another Manning choke job in the playoffs.

Line_HTX

I think you guys are fine the way you are, it's great to have a little brother in the division.

Would you like to play catch with your face? >:p

CHgc96RWsAAN7u9.png

He only got lucky that Peyton played poorly. Luck will not win a title as long as Watt is around. Watt will pulverize Luck at every turn.

I would've been OK with Apollos or Toros.

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 2m2 minutes ago
NFL announces it has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 2m2 minutes ago
In ruling NFL claims Brady "directed' that his cell phone be destroyed

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 37s38 seconds ago
Ruling: “Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed.”

Top Bottom