• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

3 separate times?

Belichick fucked up with spygate and trying to destroy evidence
Hernandez fucked up with trying to destroy phones and security cameras (which courts were still able to get text/photographic/visual evidence from) to avoid prosecution
Brady fucked up with deflategate and trying to destroy a phone (which a court will still be able to get evidence from)

3 fuckups, 3 separate instances of fucking up

Belichick fucked up with spygate and trying to destroy evidence
Hernandez fucked up with trying to destroy phones and security cameras (which courts were still able to get text/photographic/visual evidence from) to avoid prosecution
Brady fucked up with deflategate and trying to destroy a phone (which a court will still be able to get evidence from)

3 fuckups, 3 separate instances of fucking up
I can see how Hernandez is like the other situations.

TheFatOne

Or just ban anime posts. There are other threads for that

Breaking Bad gets so fucking good man. Really can't recommend it enough.

lost is garbage

watch breaking bad

Breaking Bad first. I got through a little of Lost and it didnt stick with me, I'll eventually go back i guess to see whats up in a slow period

fucking david garrard /weeps

Yea I'll give Breaking Bad another go, but unfortunately some of my friends already spoiled some of the bigger stuff that happens. It's one of the reasons I haven't watched it yet.

Godslay

Banned
Really puts the 2013 season into perspective. Broncos beat the Pats in the AFCCG (Pats tried to cheat).

Who then went on to get slaughtered by the Seahawks.

To overcome injuries and cheating to even make that SB is a feat in my eyes. Really makes me less embarrassed as we overcame all of that and lost legitimately to a powerhouse.

Konka

Banned
Fuck deflategate, time for some real NFL news.

Tim Tebow Eagles jerseys are selling strong

There is no guarantee that Tim Tebow will make the Philadelphia Eagles' 53-man roster, but when it comes to his jersey sales, it doesn't matter. The Tebow brand is strong, and his improved mechanics have people very excited about what he can bring to the table in 2015.

Tebow's roster uncertainty has not held back fans from purchasing his new Eagles jersey. In fact, according to NFLShop.com, Tebow's jersey is the 16th-highest selling jersey. The only other Eagle with a jersey in the top 25 is the NFL's reigning leading rusher, DeMarco Murray.

According to Matt Powell, a sports industry analyst with The NDP Group in Maine, it is no coincidence that Tebow and Murray are the two Eagles in the top 25.
"We saw Tebow's jersey sell well on the first go round. Any time a high profile player moves to another team, sales jump," said Powell.

Tebow's appeal to fans is easy to recognize in an NFL landscape crowded with players making the news for the wrong reasons. He is a humble and hard-working individual who will stop at nothing to realize his dream of playing quarterback in the NFL. Maybe we should applaud the fans for making his jersey one of the NFL's top seller.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tim-tebow-eagles-jerseys-are-selling-strong-072715

Bread

Banned
Really puts the 2013 season into perspective. Broncos beat the Pats in the AFCCG (Pats tried to cheat).

Who then went on to get slaughtered by the Seahawks.

To overcome injuries and cheating to even make that SB is a feat in my eyes. Really makes me less embarrassed as we overcame all of that and lost legitimately to a powerhouse.
hahahahahaahahahahahaha

this is great

Crisco

Banned
I honestly feel bad for Brady, after all he's just a dumb jock who's clearly been getting terrible advice from the legal and PR people he pays to handle this shit. If there was anyone around him with a modicum of sense and professionalism, he would have owned up to it in that original press conference and no one would have given it a second thought. Instead they just continued feeding into his dumb jock ego to fight this to the bitter end. The whole thing is just sad.

Bread

Banned
I honestly feel bad for Brady, after all he's just a dumb jock who's clearly been getting terrible advice from the legal and PR people he pays to handle this shit. If there was anyone around with a modicum of sense and professionalism, he would have owned up to it in that original press conference and no one would have given it a second thought. Instead they just continued feeding into his dumb jock ego to fight this to the bitter end. The whole thing is just sad.
you don't actually believe this do you? like seriously that's dumb.

rando14

Pepope what round should I draft Tebow in my fantasy league, thank you for your time, dog bless

rando pls

i expect better from you

Bread I was just joshing, to Mr. Bill I offer the same advice to him I would give to anyone else....

giphy.gif

Crisco

Banned
you don't actually believe this do you? like seriously that's dumb.

I believe it because it's true. The people that are calling him a cheater now were already calling him a cheater and would have done so no matter what the actual evidence was. He would have saved himself the 4 game suspension, months of this bullshit dominating the news cycle, and probably millions of dollars in legal fees. There was literally zero upside to his approach to that press conference.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I honestly feel bad for Brady, after all he's just a dumb jock who's clearly been getting terrible advice from the legal and PR people he pays to handle this shit. If there was anyone around with a modicum of sense and professionalism, he would have owned up to it in that original press conference and no one would have given it a second thought. Instead they just continued feeding into his dumb jock ego to fight this to the bitter end. The whole thing is just sad.

Yup. He had an opportunity to throw the equipment manager, who was fired anyway, under the bus. Just say he mentioned it, he takes ownership for his part and he's sorry. Probably gets one game and it's wiped away. But now he's just flailing.

And why do people think that going to court against the nfl is about proving T*m's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt? The league has never needed that in the past and if they need it in the future, no one will ever be suspended again.

cajunator

Banned
I lol'd. How's your lifting coming along?

Okay, I was unaware of the daughter thing. I thought it was just spying the Jets from the wrong spot.

Only lifted for three days. Ive been driving around looking at houses and stuff.
how do people afford houses? Like all the modern ones cost 300k+

Godslay

Banned
hahahahahaahahahahahaha

this is great

Peyton Manning is undefeated against the Pats in the playoffs with the Broncos.

Broncos are 3-1 all-time against the Pats in the playoffs with the only loss coming from you guys beating the greatest human being in over 2000 years.

We are also something like 23-11 over the Pats in the regular season.

To have that record while fighting rampant cheating while playing them, makes me proud of them.

I honestly feel bad for Brady, after all he's just a dumb jock who's clearly been getting terrible advice from the legal and PR people he pays to handle this shit. If there was anyone around him with a modicum of sense and professionalism, he would have owned up to it in that original press conference and no one would have given it a second thought. Instead they just continued feeding into his dumb jock ego to fight this to the bitter end. The whole thing is just sad.

He's not dumb, and he hasn't been given terrible advice.

If Brady didn't fight, that would have been seen as an admission of guilt.

If he meekly fought and then gave up, ditto.

He has to make it seem like he's going to take this to the highest jurisdiction, even though everyone and their momma knows that would never happen since then he would be exposed as a filthy cheater with even a cursory look into his closet.

Bread

Banned
I believe it because it's true. The people that are calling him a cheater now were already calling him cheater and would have done so no matter what the actual evidence was. He would have saved himself the 4 game suspension, months of this bullshit dominating the news cycle, and probably millions of dollars in legal fees. There was literally zero upside to his approach to that press conference.
why do you think he wouldn't have been suspended and fined if he admit it?

the dumbest thing about this is the assumption that he had the ball deflated 2 psi under the limit when in actuality it would have been around 12.35 psi to get to the levels they were recorded at. who the fuck cares.

Peyton Manning is undefeated against the Pats in the playoffs with the Broncos.

Broncos are 3-1 all-time against the Pats in the playoffs with the only loss coming from you guys beating the greatest human being in over 2000 years.

We are also something like 23-11 over the Pats in the regular season.

To have that record while fighting rampant cheating while playing them, makes me proud of them.
enjoy your moral victory, you still have the memories of 43-8 and peyton dying on the field in 2015.

He has to make it seem like he's going to take this to the highest jurisdiction, even though everyone and their momma knows that would never happen since then he would be exposed as a filthy cheater with even a cursory look into his closet.

Him admitting to fucking up would be nice for a change. Proclaiming innocence while lying and destroying evidence proving you did it makes you look worse than just saying you did it ever could.

cdyhybrid

Yup. His only course of action was to put up enough of a fight to convince the sheep and then accept the penalties before it got too real. As a bonus, he can play the pity card with his base when he accepts the penalties.

Crisco

Banned

Admission of what exactly? He took what could have been easily played off as an innocent mistake exasperated by an overzealous ball boy into a scandal that paints him as both a liar and a cheat. Asking us to believe that he, the quarterback, knew absolutely nothing about what happened to those balls before the game was simply never going to fly. He should have known that himself or been told as much by his people. The fact that he went through with that press conference proves he his, in fact, a dumb jock surrounded by even bigger idiots than himself.

why do you think he wouldn't have been suspended and fined if he admit it?

the dumbest thing about this is the assumption that he had the ball deflated 2 psi under the limit when in actuality it would have been around 12.35 psi to get to the levels they were recorded at. who the fuck cares.

enjoy your moral victory, you still have the memories of 43-8 and peyton dying on the field in 2015.

Uh, because the penalty for an under-inflated football is a $25,000 fine. That's it. No suspension and no millions of dollars.

Yup. His only course of action was to put up enough of a fight to convince the sheep and then accept the penalties before it got too real. As a bonus, he can play the pity card with his base when he accepts the penalties.

Exactly. Just like when head cheater Bob Kraft did it. Act like the investigation is a big injustice, then back down just before you have to prove your bluster.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
remind me to never ask crisco for advice, legal or otherwise.

Except this isn't a court of law, its a court of public opinion. If there is one thing people hate more than a cheater its a lying cheater. All the dudes who took steriods and came clean about it were totally forgotten about in a second, the dudes who didn't were the ones who got slaughtered.

If Brady confessed to his crimes he'd be hit with a suspension (that could have been negotiated with the league for coming clean) and then everyone would have forgotten about the whole ordeal. Now it continues to drag well through the preseason and probably through all of the regular season if hes going to keep fighting it.

Bread

Banned
Except this isn't a court of law, its a court of public opinion. If there is one thing people hate more than a cheater its a lying cheater. All the dudes who took steriods and came clean about it were totally forgotten about in a second, the dudes who didn't were the ones who got slaughtered.

If Brady confessed to his crimes he'd be hit with a suspension (that could have been negotiated with the league for coming clean) and then everyone would have forgotten about the whole ordeal. Now it continues to drag well through the preseason and probably through all of the regular season if hes going to keep fighting it.
yup just like how they forgot about spygate right? what the fuck are you talking about

and to the "not court of law" thing, no shit, that's why i said legal or otherwise.

Pepiope

Pepope what round should I draft Tebow in my fantasy league, thank you for your time, dog bless
General rule is you don't go QB round 1, Tebow could be an exception but if you could get Murray round 1 and Tebow in round 2....that would be great.

Top Bottom