• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 4m4 minutes ago

49ers place RB Carlos Hyde on Active/None-Football Injury List. He's expected to be lead RB for San Francisco.

ampere

how do people afford houses? Like all the modern ones cost 300k+

Did you just decide you were going to buy a house and not know anything about the housing market?

A lot of people get 30 year mortgages and pay the house off over 30 years. That being said you could buy a townhouse/condo or something more in the 100k range depending where you live.

Line_HTX

you can respect my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

3ThI3qL.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Did you just decide you were going to buy a house and not know anything about the housing market?

A lot of people get 30 year mortgages and pay the house off over 30 years. That being said you could buy a townhouse/condo or something more in the 100k range depending where you live.

No silly. Im just surprised how many 300k houses there are here. Lafayette real estate market is pretty healthy. Im looking more at 160k older housing. Theres some of that around too.
a condo is,a possibility though if its spacious enough.

ampere

No silly. Im just surprised how many 300k houses there are here. Lafayette real estate market is pretty healthy. Im looking more at 160k older housing. Theres some of that around too.

Ah OK. You could always think about living with a platonic partner or sibling if you wanted to live with another source of income.

Or you could have a roommate and charge them rent to cover some of the mortgage.

Only lifted for three days. Ive been driving around looking at houses and stuff.
how do people afford houses? Like all the modern ones cost 300k+

Percentages.

Find how much house you want, save what you can afford (5% down is most common) pay off the bulk over a 20 to 35 year amortization.

Don't make the mistake tons of people do and buy too much house. You are in no relationship and have no kids - unless you have parents or relatives to take care of a 300K house is way more than you require.

Space is overrated. Focus on location and value appreciation for your first home. You can worry about raw square footage later.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yes, DeAndre Levy's beard is in Madden 16

EA Sports is busy unveiling its Madden NFL 16 ratings for the top players at each position. On Monday, the ratings were revealed for the five best outside linebackers in this year's version of the game, and the Detroit Lions' DeAndre Levy made the list with a 93 overall rating. Here are some details on how Levy's rating came to be:

Levy’s still waiting for his first Pro Bowl appearance, but he’s already turned plenty of heads around the league. He starts with 95 Play Recognition, and adds 96 Tackle and 96 Pursuit.

That's pretty solid, and it's a safe assumption that Levy will take the place of Ndamukong Suh as the Lions' top defensive player in Madden. But that's not the most notable thing about Levy and Madden. This is (via EA Sports):

image_3.img.0.jpg

Yes, Levy's amazing beard has made it into Madden. It's unclear if there will be a separate rating system for his fantastic facial hair, but if there's not, that feature should be at the top of the list for Madden 17.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/7/27/9050319/deandre-levy-beard-madden-16

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hey kas I'm going to detroit in a few weeks.

What's worth checking out? Any good food
that Stafford hasn't eaten yet
?

Hit up Dragos Family Restaurant in Sterling Heights. Macedonian owned but they make amazing Burek (and other Balkan foods) served with Kos (cold yogurt). Delicious.

Other than that nothing stood out that I can't get here in Los Angeles. I'll be going back to Michigan pretty soon though, every time I go I hit up Dragos.

Dunkin Doughnuts Coffee (and doughnuts) is pretty good too.

Hit up Dragos Family Restaurant in Sterling Heights. Macedonian owned but they make amazing Burek (and other Balkan foods) served with Kos (cold yogurt). Delicious.

Other than that nothing stood out that I can't get here in Los Angeles. I'll be going back to Michigan pretty soon though, every time I go I hit up Dragos.

Dunkin Doughnuts Coffee (and doughnuts) is pretty good too.

lol dunkin donuts is one of the most popular fast food chains in the country. Are you macedonian

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lol dunkin donuts is one of the most popular fast food chains in the country. Are you macedonian

Few Dunkin Donuts in California (if any). I'm not sure I can trace my roots to the time of Alexander the Great.

Larry Foote has the 4th most games played for 2002 draft

Larry Foote is from Detroit and played for the 2009 Detroit Lions. He did a commendable job in helping rebuild the Lions after our 2008 0-16 season in Jim Schwartz first season.

jakncoke

Banned
Few Dunkin Donuts in California (if any). I'm not sure I can trace my roots to the time of Alexander the Great.

Larry Foote is from Detroit and played for the 2009 Detroit Lions. He did a commendable job in helping rebuild the Lions after our 2008 0-16 season in Jim Schwartz first season.

He has 2 OWL rings in Pittsburgh

cajunator

Banned
Percentages.

Find how much house you want, save what you can afford (5% down is most common) pay off the bulk over a 20 to 35 year amortization.

Don't make the mistake tons of people do and buy too much house. You are in no relationship and have no kids - unless you have parents or relatives to take care of a 300K house is way more than you require.

yeah I know. I dont need more than a 2 br place ideally. In case company is over or whatever. A townhouse is probably best.

Ah OK. You could always think about living with a platonic partner or sibling if you wanted to live with another source of income.

Or you could have a roommate and charge them rent to cover some of the mortgage.

I have some options. A friend of my current roommate is looking for a roommate for example.

Space is overrated. Focus on location and value appreciation for your first home. You can worry about raw square footage later.

It should be in city limits. Thats my stipulation.
all other details are negotiable.

Top Bottom