• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Really seems like they are no longer interest in JPP the player, but JPP the trade asset. Makes sense but it seems like it would be hard to get good value for him until he shows he has regained his form
I would say that first statement isn't entirely inaccurate. Though I do believe the Giants want JPP they player circa 2011 and the second half of last year. Can he be that, though? They aren't going to let him sign that tag until they have more clarity on the answer to that question.

MechDX

Browns veterans report to training camp today.

GET HYPE!

SCPettine-300x255.jpg

Oh hell yeah! A decade of AFCN dominance begins now.

John Mara did a nice interview with the Post where he talks about Couglin, Eli's new contract (which is coming very soon) and more.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/29/john-mara-on-elis-contract-coughlins-future-and-all-things-giants/

Q: In your season-ending press conference, you said it wouldn’t be unfair to call this a win-or-else year.

A: I would stand by that statement, but I’m not walking into people’s offices threatening them with their jobs if we don’t win. But again, people are aware of what our expectations are.

Q: Do you hope or expect an Eli Manning extension to be done or announced when the team reports Thursday?

A: I would doubt that that would happen in that quick a time frame. We would hope to have it done at some point before the season. But if not, it’ll hopefully get done at some point after that.

Q: Explain why you want Eli to be a Giant for life.

A: Well, we still believe that he can play at a very high level and win a championship for us. He looked like a new man in the spring, his arm was very live, and he’s moving around very well. His play in 2014 was significantly better than it was in 2013, so I think the arrow is still up for him.

Q: Will the offense have to carry the defense if Jason Pierre-Paul is out?

A: They’re both going to have to do their share. Damontre Moore, it’ll be a big year for him now. Kerry Wynn came on at the end of last season and showed that he’s got some potential. Robert Ayers, if he can stay healthy, has a chance to really contribute too. And we drafted a young kid from UCLA [Owamagbe Odighizuwa]. The silver lining is it gives some of those guys a chance to get more reps in practice and in the preseason games.

Much more at the link.

Line_HTX

"PLEASE TO MEET YOU... WON'T YOU GUESS MY NAME~"

I don't know what San Diego is like. I'm sure it's very beautiful there. I find it amusing that the league INSISTS that there be a team in LA. They better hope that it doesn't fail because they specifically said success in LA is the only option and said that they're planning meticulously for a smooth transition and growth afterwards.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I don't know what San Diego is like. I'm sure it's very beautiful there. I find it amusing that the league INSISTS that there be a team in LA. They better hope that it doesn't fail because they specifically said success in LA is the only option and said that they're planning meticulously for a smooth transition and growth afterwards.

The economics of the NFL has drastically changed since the early 90s. There's literally zero way that a team in LA won't be profitable.

Youre silly!

That's not a denial. I'm glad we're on the same page with Brees.

Might be going to the Steeler/Raider game this year. Will be the first game I've been to since '07 against the Jets. But yikes, it's the Raiders, Steelers kryptonite.

The Lakers are in a funk right now so we can support an NFL team.

cajunator

Banned
The economics of the NFL has drastically changed since the early 90s. There's literally zero way that a team in LA won't be profitable.

That's not a denial. I'm glad we're on the same page with Brees.

Arod and Brees are stat whoring biiiiiiitches :D

But theyre both pretty good. Brees is my boy you understand.
Neither of us have to deal with Favre so we all win!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Guess jak should get a tattoo of the "Danger Flammable Materials" sign on him somewhere visible.

Sounds like a good idea honestly.

Arod and Brees are stat whoring biiiiiiitches :D

But theyre both pretty good. Brees is my boy you understand.
Neither of us have to deal with Favre so we all win!

You did not just lump Rodgers with Brees in the stat whoring competition. Rodgers doesn't put up anywhere near the yardage numbers that Brees does in garbage time.

jakncoke

Banned
Damn auto salesmen trying to babble me to death to chase a loan to get me in that car ffs. How many times do I gotta say I think im going to pass lol

MechDX

Damn auto salesmen trying to babble me to death to chase a loan to get me in that car ffs. How many times do I gotta say I think im going to pass lol

Get a pre approved loan before you go. Ive done that the last two times and car purchasing never felt so good. You have all the power and make the salesmen your bitch.

cajunator

Banned
Sounds like a good idea honestly.

You did not just lump Rodgers with Brees in the stat whoring competition. Rodgers doesn't put up anywhere near the yardage numbers that Brees does in garbage time.

It doesnt really matter .
I just want to see the Saints more consistent all around. Brees has noticeably declined. It is what it is.
Got a SB out of him. Im content.

Line_HTX

It doesnt really matter .
I just want to see the Saints more consistent all around. Brees has noticeably declined. It is what it is.
Got a SB out of him. Im content.

That Super Bowl was justice after the Bears failed to stop them in XLI, just like justice prevailed after the Packers and Seahawks won for retribution of XL.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 58s59 seconds ago
Sources: #Seahawks S Kam Chancellor wants more money, has told Seattle that he’s strongly considering a camp holdout to make it happen.

Damn Seattle. Pay your guys.

Top Bottom