• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Am I seriously the only one that remembers when we practically had a drinking game whenever Bradford completed a pass more than 5 yards away?

jakncoke

Banned
Am I seriously the only one that remembers when we practically had a drinking game whenever Bradford completed a pass more than 5 yards away?

Hey man his career y/a is 167th all time! Tied with hall of famers Kordell Stewart, Billy Joe Tolliver and Wellingtons boy Dave Brown

Doomsayer

Bradford has never been good.

He hasn't been total garbage, but he has never had a season that made you think "wow, this kid may actually do something in the league."

His best season was 2012, and he still did all of the things that make him bad. He had terrible pocket presence, can't hit a deep ball, and would abandon his first read and dump the ball off right away.

He plays scared because he is always injured. His lower body is ALWAYS getting hurt. Calf strains, tears, and now two consecutive ACL tears.

I don't think it's a stretch at all to think that Murray and Mathews will be an improvement to the Eagles run game. Cite the Dallas offensive line all you want, the Eagles have had a very good line of their own for years now, and probably the best LT/RT tandem in the league, and certainly one of the best downfield blocking centers in the league. They also upgraded while paying less for their running backs than they were paying for McCoy. Murray/Mathews don't also have a bad habit of losing yards.

They've also upgraded the secondary with Maxwell and hopefully rookie Eric Rowe will make a big splash. The only big question mark in the secondary is whether or not Walter Thurmond can play safety or if another safety can step up. More importantly it sounds like the new DBs coach actually knows what he is doing. They are going to get away from the idiotic "don't play the ball, play the receiver" bullshit that cost them lots of PI calls last year. The rest of the defense is very sound.

I don't know how Bradford will be. He could be good, he could have a terrible long ball, but I highly doubt he's injured. I don't really buy into the "injury prone" thing. It's all luck in regards to injuries, and I think the NFL in general tends to give up on guys that get injured a little too quickly. I do know that Chip Kelly's offense has made decidely average QBs like Foles or maybe even below average QBs like Sanchez actually look competent. It may be that Bradford feels the same effect those two did, and given the track record I think that's likely.

cdyhybrid

I don't mind guys asking for more money. They're not going to get it, especially when they just signed their new contract, but they can ask :p

_woLf

I don't mind guys asking for more money. They're not going to get it, especially when they just signed their new contract, but they can ask :p

I'm concerned that Kam is secretly worried about his injury hurting his performance though. He needs to feel confident that he's 100% or else it will show.

Line_HTX

I'm comfortable with 7 and will stay with 7. I'll upgrade to 10 eventually.

Holy fuck, that AT&T commercial... I watched it many times and I never realized it was her...

evoMindBlown

Line_HTX

Like everything else, I'm sure there's problems and stuff when shit launches on the first day. I won't change to 10, at least not for a long while.

Top Bottom