• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Duxxy3

Welp. Only one option left.

giphy.gif

jazz_hands_archer.gif

slabrock

Banned
JPP lost $15 mil this year to light off some fireworks and he wasn't the only nfl player to lose fingers this weekend. Bucs CB CJ Wilson lost two fingers. Wonder if no fireworks clauses will be added to nfl contracts going forward

jbug617

Banned
JPP lost $15 mil this year to light off some fireworks and he wasn't the only nfl player to lose fingers this weekend. Bucs CB CJ Wilson lost two fingers. Wonder if no fireworks clauses will be added to nfl contracts going forward

they are not going to pull the franchise offer. If they do he becomes a FA.

zychi

Banned
Schefter with that Big Ten degree.

He didnt claim he got the info. He put it all on Espn in case theres a lawsuit. Smart man

Godslay

Banned
Just thinking, if worst comes to worst couldnt he just make a fist when down in stance ?

Depends on how mangled up his hand really is.

I remember Von played with his entire hand in a cast a one point. It was like a club and he had a busted up thumb. He never really put his hand in the dirt though. I'm sure it would work out fine for JPP though.

How stupid can you be to even admit that you have that chart let alone posting an image of it. Everybody's about to get sued and they probably deserve it.

Gives him leverage. Scare Giants into removing tag making him a FA. Sign one year prove it deal with another team with a not spoken loud agreement for an extension if he shows he can still play.

Why wouldn't they just let the Giants see him in the hospital like they apparently tried to do?

Godslay

Banned
Gives him leverage. Scare Giants into removing tag making him a FA. Sign one year prove it deal with another team with a not spoken loud agreement for an extension if he shows he can still play.

That ran through my head, but will teams take that gamble at that price? I'm guessing they would but you never know.

Why wouldn't they just let the Giants see him in the hospital like they apparently tried to do?

If he's doing this for leverage, the less they know of the condition the better (for JPP getting out from under FT). Leaves them guessing. Shitty tactics, but there is probably a lot of money on the line.

_woLf

It does, but I don't think ESPN would touch it unless they either don't care about lawsuits or know that they are in the free (JPP's people released it) or they know they could get away with posting it from some anon source.

Dunno, word going around is not even the Giants knew about until ESPN's tweet.

Schefter and ESPN fucked up.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I don't think that tweet was proper at all. Better to say it than show it.

And this is what happens when you mess with and mishandle fireworks. That lost contract offer is extremely significant.

Mindlog

As a beer and grilling elitist addict snob enthusiast I have to admit that Heineken Light is really not bad. Will probably be my go-to piss-water crowd-pleaser for the upcoming grilling season.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't think that tweet was proper at all. Better to say it than show it.

And this is what happens when you mess with and mishandle fireworks. That lost contract offer is extremely significant.

If he is cleared to play he'll get the 14.5 million for sure.

But if this affects his play at all he's looking at tens of millions down the drain.

Over some fucking fireworks. 😠

Godslay

Banned
Dunno, word going around is not even the Giants knew about until ESPN's tweet.

Schefter and ESPN fucked up.

Yeah, maybe so.

Maybe ESPN doesn't give a shit and just ran with it.

If he is cleared to play he'll get the 14.5 million for sure.

But if this affects his play at all he's looking at tens of millions down the drain.

Over some fucking fireworks. ��

Somebody will pay him. Especially if, as Schefter points out, he'll be back sooner than later.

zychi

Banned
As a beer and grilling elitist addict snob enthusiast I have to admit that Heineken Light is really not bad. Will probably be my go-to piss-water crowd-pleaser for the upcoming grilling season.
My friend's call me a beer snob, because I do the craft and brewery stuff and many of them drink Miller Lite and I hate it. But im never anti "piss beer" i like bl, coors light even mgd. Miller lite is literally piss beer to me tho. Cant stand it.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
I would have to imagine that getting the finger cut off would actually lessen his rehab time, hence why it got done.

cdyhybrid

Remember when Deflategate first broke and zychi swore up and down that Schefter was the only guy at ESPN with journalistic integrity?

Good times.

zychi

Banned
He did? I have him on ignore I don't know what he says.
Only got me on ignore cuz you admitted to being a drunk driver and then brag about drinking like a fool and i call you out everytime you talk about it. Shit people are shit people regardless.

Cdy, not journalistic integrity, nonone in sports has that. As Schef proved today, hes the only one with scoops and everyone rips him off or is given a story from him(Mort)

Top Bottom