• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Not surprised we had to cut McDaniels. He really didn't do much anyways. Hopefully Mebane stays healthy and Jordan Hill keeps up the ridiculous run he was on at the end of last season.

Colasante

Aaron Dobson looking good is absolutely meaningless. Until he actually does anything in a game I'm going to take all reports about him with a huge grain of sailt. One thing you should add is that Scott Chandler is looking good in camp so far. I think he is going to be very good this season. I'm expecting him to get something like 700-800 yards receiving. Him and Gronk in the red area is going to be fun to watch.

Yeah, we'll see if Dobson can do anything when the game starts, but so far it's night and day compared to last offseason when he was battling the foot injury that derailed his whole season. At least he's on the field now and it seems like he's done everything he can to secure the WR4 spot up to this point.

BigAT

9OmXK8n.jpg

Stefon Diggs Continues to Impress in Camp

After the session before a packed house of 10,300 fans, Diggs was the first player Minnesota quarterback Teddy Bridgewater lauded. Working with backup Shaun Hill, Diggs caught a 40-yard touchdown pass over the middle and had a TD catch in the left corner of the end zone in which he took the ball away from cornerback Marcus Sherels.

"I did OK,'' said Diggs, a fifth-round pick last May who also had a nifty diving catch. "I feel like I didn't win enough as far as on the outside. I got a lot of work to do as far as technique to try to get better. I've got a lot of work to do just as far as fundamentals out of my breaks, diagnosing coverages faster just so I can recognize my assignments.''

I like this rookie's attitude. He probably wont be playing much his rookie year but he looks to contribute a lot on special teams.

He could teach Patterson a thing or two about not being a doofus.

Anyone know about this guy from college? Sounds like he was part of a strong run team on the Terps.

cdyhybrid

I think it's extremely likely Luck wins a title at some point. Look at the playoff teams from the AFC last year:

-Pats: Tammy and Belicheat are old and going to be banned from the game anyway
-Broncos: Will be rebuilding once Peyton retires unless Brock surprises
-Steelers: Will probably be decent for a bit more, but Ben probably only has a few years left until he declines
-Bengals: lol
-Ravens: Will be decent for a while, probably the biggest threat to the Colts along with the Steelers

Other teams:
-Texans: No QB
-Chargers: See Steelers above
-Chiefs: See Texans above
-Dolphins: Will be decent and might actually be a real threat, but have to see it first
-Bills: No QB

cdyhybrid

Pete says Mebane is in the best shape of his career.

Training camp is finally here!

Edit: It was a 6th for Seisay. He's 6'1" 202lbs, so he has the size PCJS like in a CB.

I think it's extremely likely Luck wins a title at some point. Look at the playoff teams from the AFC last year:

-Steelers: Will probably be decent for a bit more, but Ben probably only has a few years left until he declines
-Ravens: Will be decent for a while, probably the biggest threat to the Colts along with the Steelers

I trust all of these teams but the Bengals and Luck-era Colts to make the Super Bowl because they've already done that. Luck's no Peyton, where he was able to take an otherwise shit team to an SB and win it by himself, and Luck's not getting the benefit of his opponent being led by Rex Grossman.

Godslay

Banned

Other teams:
-Texans: No QB
-Chargers: See Steelers above
-Chiefs: See Texans above
-Dolphins: Will be decent and might actually be a real threat, but have to see it first
-Bills: No QB

There isn't a true 'rebuild' coming for the Broncos. It's taking place as we speak, and largely complete for when Peyton is done. The main components to be finished are the OL and depth here and there.

This year, and maybe the next year are the real transition period. Peyton's replacement is here, and is the franchise guy by all indications. Whether his is good or not really determines where we will end up a couple years from now.

The OL is young, backed with vets and is a question mark. Elway has done a decent job rebuilding the team while under Manning, while making the contracts friendly enough that we aren't getting burned in the post Manning years. If Manning, Ware, and Clady are cut or retire next year we could have up to $51M in cap space.

Am I delusional enough to think we will continue the level of success we've had the past few years? No, I'm sure we'll comeback down a level unless Brock can fill the shoes of a legendary HOF QB. Which is going to be monumentally hard. Do I expect to have a good team around him on both sides of the ball to compete and mask his early missteps? I do. I think we can compete for the division, even with a mediocre QB.

It's waiting to see how Jimmy Graham does with the seahawks......

Dude scared the shit out of me whenever the saints played dallas o_o

i'm curious to see how he does in that system. he will obviously be a huge threat in the redzone and on the jump balls but can he and will he block in the run game (seachickens bread and butter)?

Tannehill is drawing on anecdotal evidence from the first three days of training camp. Yes, there have been missed connections. But Tannehill has had as many deep connections in three days as he had perhaps in a couple of weeks the past couple of training camps.

“I worked a lot on it in the offseason,” Tannehill said. “I think it’s going to be big for us. I can see it already. I can feel it. I think those guys out there are excited. We all understand it’s going to be a big factor.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...o-salguero/article29755456.html#storylink=cpy

<3

Top Bottom