• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Morning bitches, MRSA you let this go to the second page!
MhHUjqR.gif

cajunator

Banned
You get excited about the weirdest things. I'm kinda envious because I can not get excited about working in east Texas this week.

It's like that Dolphins fan in the bar comic. You always think you're done but then they pull you back in.

What kinda work in east texas?

eznark

Banned
Started watching Mr. Robot this weekend. First episode has a montage of "fallen heroes" and it includes Lance Armstrong, Bill Cosby and Tom Brady.

Happy Birthday Tom, your legacy is destroyed.

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 26m26 minutes ago
GM Jerry Reese said he had "a personal conversation" yesterday with Jason Pierre-Paul but would would not elaborate.

Mara also said that JPP has spoken with Ronnie Barnes, the Giants VP of medical services. Looks like more cooperation happening on JPP's side since the accident.

Three of those guys have won Super Bowls so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that image.

None had SBs or playoff wins at 26, which is partially the point of the pic. I'd be more interested in seeing completion numbers. Stafford is stunningly inconsistent in short yardage play. His refusal to hit his checkdowns is a big reason why he has so many missed (forced) throws.

ShaneB

I was at that game. Ridiculous catch. I was on the other side of the field though, so it looked like an incompletion.

Ah yes, I remember you posted pics from your time there! Rewatched the condensed version last night since I was looking for another play and was fun to see that catch again.

MRSA

Banned
Might be time to cut the cable, currently paying $120 for internet/TV. TWC is offering 50mbps, local TV, HBO Go, and Showtime for $60. I can add SlingTV for another $20 so that's $80, would save $40 a month. Hrm........

eznark

Banned
Last year was the first time in his career Matt Stafford did not throw at least 15 interceptions. He threw a career low 12.

In 10 seasons, Aaron Rodgers has never thrown more than 15 interceptions. His career high is 13, in his first year as a starter.

At 26, Rodgers had a .531 winning percentage. Matt Stafford has a .454 winning percentage. He has only led a team to a better than .500 record once. Aaron Rodgers has had a better than .500 record in all but one of his 10 seasons. At 26 Aaron Rodgers had 17 wins. In two full seasons. It took Stafford four seasons to get to his 17th win.

Godslay

Banned
Ah yes, I remember you posted pics from your time there! Rewatched the condensed version last night since I was looking for another play and was fun to see that catch again.

Yeah, I had Baltimore tickets lined up this year, but some things came up. Great seats too. Oh well, maybe next year.

The thing I forget after watching on TV for awhile is how truly fast the game/players are. It doesn't translate across the wire.

Draxal

Mara also said that JPP has spoken with Ronnie Barnes, the Giants VP of medical services. Looks like more cooperation happening on JPP's side since the accident.

He is such a horrific interview. The conversation went great ad nauseum on Boomer and Carton this morning.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Last year was the first time in his career Matt Stafford did not throw at least 15 interceptions. He threw a career low 12.

In 10 seasons, Aaron Rodgers has never thrown more than 15 interceptions. His career high is 13, in his first year as a starter.

At 26, Rodgers had a .531 winning percentage. Matt Stafford has a .454 winning percentage. He has only led a team to a better than .500 record once. Aaron Rodgers has had a better than .500 record in all but one of his 10 seasons. At 26 Aaron Rodgers had 17 wins. In two full seasons. It took Stafford four seasons to get to his 17th win.

Aaron Rodgers took over a playoff team. Stafford took over a 0-16 team. These comparisons are pointless.

ShaneB

Yeah, I had Baltimore tickets lined up this year, but some things came up. Great seats too. Oh well, maybe next year.

The thing I forget after watching on TV for awhile is how truly fast the game/players are. It doesn't translate across the wire.

Yeah, it's the same experience when I've seen NHL games live. The speed and pace is insane, not to mention how big they are with how small the playing area is, all very confined. Sure it's the same feeling on a NFL field vs the large CFL field.

Top Bottom