• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

RBH

What did the duck say when she bought some lipstick?

Put it on my bill
NH9gE7v.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
you called it lazy, your problem isn't with the ketchup it's with the corn dog!

Just calling out the obvious reason to disqualify it.

As for the lazy part, if you want to combine meats for a sausage you're supposed to create the sausage from scratch and get the meats mixed properly.

This on the other hand is Spin levels of effort.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Just calling out the obvious reason to disqualify it.

As for the lazy part, if you want to combine meats for a sausage you're supposed to create the sausage from scratch and get the meats mixed properly.

This on the other hand is Spin levels of effort.

What do you eat fries with?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I'm gonna trust in BoB.

yea, I'm not going to pretend to know more football than a NFL head coach, he's probably forgotten more football than I know. However, when has a retread QB ever worked out, Kurt Warner on the Cardinals and who else?

Godslay

Banned
what nonsense. Practice means fuck all, especially when you aren't allowed to hit the QB. You don't know what you have until your QB performs well for longer than 1 season. How many QBs had one good season and then sucked once the league caught up?

Then why aren't the 2nd and 3rd QBs the starter?

I understand the idea that some QBs are gamers, and aren't practice QBs. They still have to be able to show enough to pass that initial evaluation and earn the trust to see the field. Both in training camp and in practice.

Point is, if you suck dick in practice, odds are you are going to suck dick when live bullets are coming your way. There is no true way, aside from playing a live game to really see what you have, but practice does its best to simulate the situation. Reliably enough that we could see that Schaub was the alpha dog out of that pack.

In terms of a player having 1 good season and then sucking? There are so many moving parts how do you pin it down? Injuries, scheme changes, player changes, coaching changes, offfensive gimmicks, etc. There is so much change yoy, that there isn't a common thread to truly determine why players fall off.

My point is within your own team, coaches know which player is more than likely better than the rest. Not necessarily that they are elite or even good. That comes with production on the field. If the player can't get over that initial hurdle though to get on the field, then they are only as good as the evaluation put on them in practice.

Coaches/scouts are only human so they get it wrong at times, but seeing most backups fail they usually get it right.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Then why aren't the 2nd and 3rd QBs the starter?

I understand the idea that some QBs are gamers, and aren't practice QBs. They still have to be able to show enough to pass that initial evaluation and earn the trust to see the field. Both in training camp and in practice.

Point is, if you suck dick in practice, odds are you are going to suck dick when live bullets are coming your way. There is no true way, aside from playing a live game to really see what you have, but practice does its best to simulate the situation. Reliably enough that we could see that Schaub was the alpha dog out of that pack.

In terms of a player having 1 good season and then sucking? There are so many moving parts how do you pin it down? Injuries, scheme changes, player changes, coaching changes, offfensive gimmicks, etc. There is so much change yoy, that there isn't a common thread to truly determine why players fall off.

My point is within your own team, coaches know which player is more than likely better than the rest. Not necessarily that they are elite or even good. That comes with production on the field. If the player can't get over that initial hurdle though to get on the field, then they are only as good as the evaluation put on them in practice.

Coaches/scouts are only human so they get it wrong at times, but seeing most backups fail they usually get it right.
because case keenum was in his second year as an undrafted free agent, if I recall correctly. So, you think case keenum should have been starting over schaub in his rookie year? Its never benefited a QB to sit a few years, Aaron Rodgers anyone?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hey DM, you gonna crash Black Hat or DefCon this week?

Wait, do they even have a student rate so your grad student budget ass can possibly get in?

Line_HTX

Preseason Houston and New Orleans is probably the best since the starters will go for probably a full half.

The real game will be the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Look forward to it, Cajun. :)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers not on?

Usually I'd be pissed. But after last season... fuck the preseason, who gives a shit?

Fuck the regular season, who gives a shit?

Can we skip to the playoffs so I can have my annual meltdown already? Feels like I'm on death row.

Top Bottom