• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Afternoon everyone, the Aussies are being humiliated in the cricket and I am free to sit around watching it for the next few hours. What a glorious day.

He is one of the better guards in the league. I know his asking price is a lot, but he is available and the teams situation at OG right now is troublibg. They are banking on Schwartz being healthy. And I would keep Pugh at LT and slide Flowers over (which they may do). Newhouse starting is simply asking for trouble. Thankfully they should see that by the second pre-seaaon game.

With about $4.5m cap space, we can't do much, plus they seem to be high on Jake Long since he will be cheap..

Striker

Two teams have already passed on Long. I'm not sure he's even a capable guy at this point. Then again, Reese signed Marshall Newhouse.

BigAT

I think Long is a nice idea, but if he was actually healthy enough to play he would have been signed by someone already. He's had at least three serious visits so far and no one has bitten yet.

Btw guys, now that the transcripts have been released which prove the league is a joke and Brady is innocent, you can send me your apologies for slandering their names. You can send them via email, PM, twitter or post them here if you wish.

Fuck you guys #FreeBrady

bionic77

Btw guys, now that the transcripts have been released which prove the league is a joke and Brady is innocent, you can send me your apologies for slandering their names. You can send them via email, PM, twitter or post them here if you wish.

Fuck you guys #FreeBrady
Only delusional Pats fans think that anything that has transpired has proven that Brady is not a cheating scumbag.

At best they will prove that Goodell is also a scumbag and an idiot.

Brady's name is forever tarnished bro. Time to accept it and move on.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Two teams have already passed on Long. I'm not sure he's even a capable guy at this point. Then again, Reese signed Marshall Newhouse.

I think Long is a nice idea, but if he was actually healthy enough to play he would have been signed by someone already. He's had at least three serious visits so far and no one has bitten yet.

I think you guys see the red flags especially in a league starved for quality offensive linemen.

Unless he's wanting too much money for what he's showing right now anyway.

Bowser

The dream is coming to an end...

500x1000px-LL-810a3e9a_joshfreeman-fd7.jpeg

Bowser

YOU ARE A FACTORY OF SADNESS

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m11 minutes ago
#Browns OLB Barkevious Mingo is feared to have torn his meniscus, source said. Will need a surgery clean up, they hope out a month.

Between Mingo and Jarvis Jones, who's out of the league first?

Dion Jordan is on his way, but we all knew that.
Mingo isn't terrible, he does a good amount well. He's just not the best at what he should be, pass rushing. Injuries and his frame doesn't help his cause either, he needs a night out with Stafford.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Good morning, wienke! The games are almost here! I can no longer be bored!

Your thread made the days go by faster. ;)

I don't like how you refer to this as "my thread".

Like I'm responsible.

I don't see how this could possibly end poorly.

Tennessee law may allow fans to bring guns to sporting events

At least it isn't the Bay Area, there would be a war in the stands right after kickoff.

Well nobody goes to the Titans games so they're safe there.

Saw this, Polk/Houston
ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini said to "look for" Chris Polk "to be the first one to see if he can hold down the fort" while Arian Foster (groin) is out.
Per Russini, the Texans were so interested in Polk that they were considering trading for him when he was with the Eagles. Polk ended up getting released, and Houston pounced on the fourth-year UDFA. Coming out of Washington, Polk was viewed as a day-two prospect but wasn't selected due to injury concerns. Polk has solid size at 5'11/222 and is a straight-line north-south runner with a thick frame. He's averaged 4.7 YPC on 57 career carries with six touchdowns.
Via roto:

Also Jags wr lee has a hamstring injury

cajunator

Banned
:Jnc Damn, haha

Let's just hope that Alfred Blue outplayed amd outperforms. I'm starting to get sick of Arian and it's almost cheesy how the center was like OMG HE'S MY BEST FRIEND.

Terrell Owens much?

Alfred was a beast in college. Had a hell of an Oline though.

He is one of the better guards in the league. I know his asking price is a lot, but he is available and the teams situation at OG right now is troublibg. They are banking on Schwartz being healthy. And I would keep Pugh at LT and slide Flowers over (which they may do). Newhouse starting is simply asking for trouble. Thankfully they should see that by the second pre-seaaon game.
Tackle is our main issue and that's primarily because of Beatty's injury. Pugh at LT looking comfortable without pads or in an in-game situation is meaningless, IMO. The interior of the line on paper should be solid. We need some luck in the health department but Richburg at his natural center position, Schwartz finally playing RG and Pugh at LG could/should develop into an excellent interior line.

RT is the big question mark right now and Evan Mathis isn't going to resolve that problem for us outside of letting them kick Pugh back to RT which is the likely scenario as Flowers is going to stay at LT. If that's the case just plug in John Jerry at LG and be done with it. Jerry was hot garbage as a run blocker but at least held up at the point of attack in pass blocking. He's mediocre shit but having Richburg and Schwartz where they belong should be an overall add regardless. Realistically, the Giants aren't going to pay a 33 year old top guard money on a long term contract. If he were willing to take a two year deal for less money? Possible but not likely considering his demands when he was an Eagle.

Safety scares the shit out of me more than the offensive line at the moment. Spags is going to have to scheme his ass off this season to hide the youth we're going to be fielding.

Top Bottom