• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Konka

Banned
pliny-the-elder.jpg

Otherwise, Coors Light.

Why would I get coors light when Yuengling is available?

MechDX

Jamison Hensley ‏@jamisonhensley · 33m33 minutes ago
#Ravens QB Matt Schaub was intercepted twice in the first two hours of practice. CBs Cassius Vaughn and Asa Jackson picked him off.

yes-rudy1.gif

Godslay

Banned
What in the world did schoob see or do that totally fucked with his mind so much.

Maybe kubes and wade were making out and he walked in on them.

Theory is that his lisfranc injury altered his mechanics enough that his shoulder and particularly his elbow in his throwing arm recieved more wear. From this he couldn't generate the power that he once had behind his throws. Having accuracy is one thing, but if you can't get it there fast enough or your timing is off, it's going to be incmp or picked.

Kubes turned him into a head case though.

MechDX

Theory is that his lisfranc injury altered his mechanics enough that his shoulder and particularly his elbow in his throwing arm recieved more wear. From this he couldn't generate the power that he once had behind his throws. Having accuracy is one thing, but if you can't get it there fast enough or your timing is off, it's going to be incmp or picked.

Exactly. Haynesworth ate his damn foot then laughed about it afterwards. The lisfranc injury can be a death knell for a QB especially one with a not so strong arm to begin with. He was rolling in 2011 until that damn injury

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

yea, so he should have kept rolling him out there every week on a losing team with a headcase at QB? Yea, that's what I thought.

Hey Godslay, are your sports radio guys partaking in the legalization of the weed in CO? Alfred Williams was on with the 2 o clock guys yesterday, was saying now that you have kubes your going to the superbowl and that Houston was impatient and should have kept Kubiak as the head coach. And let him find a franchise QB, completely ignoring that Kubiak was the rejecter of getting Manning in the first place.

Godslay

Banned
Exactly. Haynesworth ate his damn foot then laughed about it afterwards. The lisfranc injury can be a death knell for a QB especially one with a not so strong arm to begin with. He was rolling in 2011 until that damn injury

Leg injuries are strange things for a QB.

Peyton had that quad injury and I remember some Dr. commenting that his arm strength was going to wane the more he played with that injury because his mechanics were diverting the stress to his arm.

Sure enough it happened. Now that the quad is healed, the mechanics are slightly different and the ball is coming out better.

It all starts in the feet is what I'm learning.

yea, so he should have kept rolling him out there every week on a losing team with a headcase at QB? Yea, that's what I thought.

Hey Godslay, are your sports radio guys partaking in the legalization of the weed in CO? Alfred Williams was on with the 2 o clock guys yesterday, was saying now that you have kubes your going to the superbowl and that Houston was impatient and should have kept Kubiak as the head coach. And let him find a franchise QB, completely ignoring that Kubiak was the rejecter of getting Manning in the first place.

Headcase is different than injured. If he was injured or had lingering issues, then he shouldn't have been playing.

Big Al loves Kubes, but I've never heard him say that they are going to the Superbowl. He's a homer through.

MechDX

8 Years. Kubiak was given 8 years to turn this team around. I cant think of any owners on the league who would give a guy that long based on Kubiaks record in that time.

What is even more ironic is that right before the 2013 season when Rick Smith got his extension Kubiak was offered one as well and turned it down to bet on himself. We know what happened in 2013

Leg injuries are strange things for a QB.

Peyton had that quad injury and I remember some Dr. commenting that his arm strength was going to wane the more he played with that injury because his mechanics were diverting the stress to his arm.

Sure enough it happened. Now that the quad is healed, the mechanics are slightly different and the ball is coming out better.

It all starts in the feet is what I'm learning.

Headcase is different than injured. If he was injured or had lingering issues, then he shouldn't have been playing.

Big Al loves Kubes, but I've never heard him say that they are going to the Superbowl. He's a homer through.

Derek Wolfe carted off at practice. Oh boy.

8 Years. Kubiak was given 8 years to turn this team around. I cant think of any owners on the league who would give a guy that long.

What is even more ironic is that right before the 2013 season when Rick Smith got his extension Kubiak was offered one as well and turned it down to bet on himself. We know what happened in 2013

How long was Cowher in Pitts before he won anything? Or Fisher with the oilers/titans? Lewis in Cincy?

MechDX

How long was Cowher in Pitts before he won anything? Or Fisher with the oilers/titans? Lewis in Cincy?

I added in "based on Kubiaks record in that time" because I knew someone would point this out. :jnc

The 3 you mentioned were at least floating around .500, Kubiak was not. Weren't all 3 at least making the playoffs or in contention as well?

Konka

Banned
I added in "based on Kubiaks record in that time" because I knew someone would point this out. :jnc

The 3 you mentioned were at least floating around .500, Kubiak was not

Is it fair to compare expansion teams records to established teams?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

I'm sorry I've missed where Fisher or Lewis won a superbowl.

Granted Fisher got them to the superbowl, at least.

Fisher was given more time because he took over a team that was moving, and playing in a crap stadium, then they got good with McNair and George, went to the superbowl. They made the playoffs quite a few times after that as well.

Kubes did not. He went 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7,6-10, before finally going 10-6 and making the playoffs and beating the Bengals.

But still, he got 8 years and had 3 winning seasons. Also you never ever keep a coach that leads a team to 2-14, like really.

Line_HTX

8 Years. Kubiak was given 8 years to turn this team around. I cant think of any owners on the league who would give a guy that long based on Kubiaks record in that time.

So how long until Rick Smith is gone from this team for good?

The 3 you mentioned were at least floating around .500, Kubiak was not. Weren't all 3 at least making the playoffs or in contention as well?

I guess but you were a playoff team before 2013, they weren't going to let him go, they should have gotten rid of him back in 2008-2009 but he did have a winning record in 2009 so I can see why they might have kept him around.

Fisher was given more time because he took over a team that was moving, and playing in a crap stadium, then they got good with McNair and George, went to the superbowl. They made the playoffs quite a few times after that as well.

Kubes did not. He went 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7,6-10, before finally going 10-6 and making the playoffs and beating the Bengals.

But still, he got 8 years and had 3 winning seasons. Also you never ever keep a coach that leads a team to 2-14, like really.

He originally posted that he didn't know any owners who kept coaches around for that long without winning. Cowher was in the playoffs from the start so he's a bad example but Lewis made the playoff twice in his first eight years and fisher also twice in eight years. That's not success and any other owner would have canned them before wasting eight years on them.

Godslay

Banned

But still, he got 8 years and had 3 winning seasons.

I like the 12-4 season skip.

Is it bad coaching or bad team building to be hovering around 0.500 year in and year out? Or both.

MechDX

Cowher: 149-90 record
Fisher: 142-120 record (Hou/Ten)
Lewis: 100-90 record
Kubiak: 61-64 record

Lewis should have been already replaced as well.

Look I liked Kubiak and if he had success here they story would have been great. But looking back on his tenure in hindsight there were a lot of questionable decisions made. Those decisions were amplified in the 2013 meltdown.

I lean more towards him being one of those good coordinators but never having real success as a head coach. Maybe Elway will reign in some of his poor decision making and he will succeed. I just doubt it

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 2m2 minutes ago
“We’re not going to back down from anybody, we’re going to have each other’s backs so it was good to see that intensity…” Ryan Mallett

Do it Ryan! Do it for me! Do it for shirtless Germans!

ThatsMyQb.gif

jakncoke

Banned
- Art Rooney II stated he still is interested in having games in Mexico City in the future

Surprised there hasnt been a return to Mexico City after the last game which i believe was the cards/49ers game right?

MechDX

Really nice having "Ravens Insider" Aaron Wilson covering the Texans now. Guy is a good writer and reporter. Great Twitter follow for fans of the league as well.

MechDX

Scott Petrak ct ‏@ScottPetrak · 3m3 minutes ago
#Browns coach Mike Pettine said starting QB Josh McCown will get reduced reps at scrimmage. Just giving Manziel time w/1s in case of injury

Its happening BG.

eznark

Banned
lol, someone actually pressed McCarthy on whether or not he is concerned that Fraudgers has thrown 5 interceptions so far this spring.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 39m39 minutes ago
"“I look up at the camera and I say ‘are you filming me?’ ... camera has a way of saying yes or no" O'Brien re Hard Knock/his office #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 38m38 minutes ago
"So when it says yes, I usually leave the office," O'Brien on his conversations with the robotic Hard Knocks camera in his office. #Texans

And people keep wanting to compare him to Bill Belichick....

Top Bottom