• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Bionic I need you to do your lawyering magic to get me out of this one

You say enough things, eventually at least one of them will look ridiculous in hindsight. Happens to us all

At least yours took 3 years to get to that point. That guy who got the 2015 Lions SB Champs tattoo last year wasn't so lucky.

bionic77

After all, even bionic came around on Alex Smith for a brief amount of time in that first Harbaugh postseason game against the Saints.
If I had been on GAF there would be posts of me cheering for the Pats when they played he Raiders in 2001 and laughing my ass off at the fuck you rule (most Garbo call of all time).

Little did I know...

:(

Fuck you!

I was misquoted!

And why can't a mans opinions change over time?
Here, I'll come to bionic's aid on this one.

Much like Saul in the bible, bionic possessed wrong and destructive beliefs. Then he was visited by an angel (science cannot confirm or deny whether the angel was shirtlessly wielding dual sledgehammers in the rain) and repented of his sins and became a great prophet.

Simple as that

bionic77

Godslay it is scary to say this, but I think we got comparatively the good Patriot fans in this thread. I didn't know it, though I should has suspected, but they apparently can get a lot worse.

Holy shit are those motherfuckers crazy. I have rarely seen such selective reading and comprehension. And this is on a gaming board where a good percentage of the posts are insane.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As NFLGAF knows we have a great poster who goes by the name of Slay, Godslay. However NFL fans will get to know, if they haven't already, another Slay- Darius Slay.

Picked by many media experts, who have no idea what they're talking about, to have a breakout year this season and be a shutdown corner. Apparently they did not watch the Lions play last year.

CL2IjAhWEAAJeFG.jpg

@_bigplayslay9 breaks up a pass intended for Golden Tate.

CL2E_5RXAAAg_Ev.jpg

Darius Slay continue to impress. Was step for step with Megatron and then knocked a pass away from Tate. He's having a great start to camp

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/8/4/9096683/lions-training-camp-notes-from-day-2

Lions' Slay: 'I can cover anybody on this planet'

Darrelle Revis can have his island. Darius Slay wants a planet.

Slay, the Detroit Lions' third-year cornerback was having a light moment with his former Lions teammate, current NFL Network analyst Nate Burleson, after practice Wednesday night at Novi High School when the two lined up against each other as if they were competing in one-on-one drills again.

As Slay sauntered off the field trading fun-loving barbs with Burleson about who'd outshine who on the field, a reporter asked if he could still cover the 33-year-old receiver.

"I can cover anybody on this planet," Slay said. "I am The Earth. Call me The Earth."

As in, bigger than Revis Island?

"I'm The Earth," Slay said. "But Big Play Earth."

Slay, whose "Big Play Slay" nickname is ingrained in his Twitter handle, had a breakout season last year, making 16 starts and intercepting two passes to help the Lions to an 11-5 record.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/08/07/darius-slay-lions/31276529/

Godslay it is scary to say this, but I think we got comparatively the good Patriot fans in this thread. I didn't know it, though I should has suspected, but they apparently can get a lot worse.

Holy shit are those motherfuckers crazy. I have rarely seen such selective reading and comprehension. And this is on a gaming board where a good percentage of the posts are insane.
You cannot defeat us.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

It's like trying to talk politics to someone who only watches Fox News.

Godslay

Banned

The only thing we can do is try to make the world a better place.

Kerm 1

Please. As a lawyer you are closer to a weasel than I am.

No, a gator is closer to a Weasel. Limited intelligence, one track mind, and more than likely; a propensity toward sexual congress within their family gene pool.

I'm not certain on any of this but, rational though dictates that it's more than likely.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Goddamn Xia you must make 20 food threads a week.

Please, I likely only average 5 a week when there's actual news.

And Sanjuro totally outclasses me. These days I only really eat large meals if it's some huge tasting menu or something similar like at French Laundry where they suggest not eating for a while beforehand.

bionic77

So April next year?

I hope Suh curb stomps him
Outside the stadium, I don't condone on the field violence
I wish I could believe that but he have Hibbert as a starter.

If we covered Manute Bol's flea ridden corpse in feces it would be more effective than Hibbert ever was or could ever hope to be.

Godslay

Banned
Please, I likely only average 5 a week when there's actual news.

And Sanjuro totally outclasses me. These days I only really eat large meals if it's some huge tasting menu or something similar like at French Laundry where they suggest not eating for a while beforehand.

I'm sure the food is great, but I'm going to open a restaurant with that suggestion.

Why?

Have you ever fasted for 24 hours or missed a day or so of meals? Then eat? The food tastes goddamn amazing.

I could serve up mediocre food to starving people, and rake in the cash and my food would have a world class reputation. Plus dick taters :p

I wish I could believe that but he have Hibbert as a starter.

If we covered Manute Bol's flea ridden corpse in feces it would be more effective than Hibbert ever was or could ever hope to be.

Kobes got this!!
I'm just as delusional about the lakers as I am about the dolphins

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm sure the food is great, but I'm going to open a restaurant with that suggestion.

Why?

Have you ever fasted for 24 hours or missed a day or so of meals? Then eat? The food tastes goddamn amazing.

Sure, but a dinner at someplace like FL can take 3-4 hours. Going in with even a half full stomach can make it tough, that's the main reason is suggested. Not because it necessarily makes the food taste better.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
More Lions camp notes:

Lions training camp observations: Calvin Johnson continues to amaze

Matthew Stafford is having a really good camp, you guys. In 7-on-7s, Brandon Pettigrew had a defender draped all over him, and Stafford still found the tiniest of windows to fit the ball into the hands of Pettigrew, who managed to secure it for a TD.

Can we just stop for a moment and appreciate how unbelievable Calvin Johnson is at his craft? I mean the guy absolutely gives his full effort during every practice and pulls off so many eye-opening grabs for the fans. Judging from Nate Burleson's recent comments, I'd have to say that it's clear that Megatron is out to prove that he's the best receiver in the NFL once again.

Vernon Johnson had a great practice this past Wednesday night and continued to impress on Friday. TJ Jones is another guy who's really impressed me so far.

This linebacker corps is great and I can promise you that they are going to be one of the best units in the league this year, barring any injuries. Kyle Van Noy seems to be coming along nicely, but the SAM spot is Tahir Whitehead's to lose. I have to say having Van Noy as your backup is a nice problem to have. Stephen Tulloch continues to look as healthy as he's ever been.

The defensive backs had much better luck against the pass on Friday. Wilson and Ness had a couple of interceptions on Moore, while James Ihedigbo and Glover Quin had near-interceptions on Stafford in two-minute drills.

Watching Darius Slay and Calvin Johnson go back and forth was such a treat. Obviously Megatron is going to win most of the battles, but just seeing Slay get amped up after a single incompletion is pretty awesome to me. I love his confidence and enthusiasm, and he moves so well compared to the other CBs.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/8/7/9119291/lions-training-camp-observations-calvin-johnson

dance.gif

Top Bottom