• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

RBH

HkFmaP2.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Basically sums up his entire pro career outside of 2011....

Next year is the final year under his extension. If he doesn't take the next step I really think 2016-17 will be his last season with the Lions.

The pros certainly outweigh the cons in that analysis. Things like drop back speed and "sluggish footwork at times" can be worked on and are being worked on.

Things like rocket arm and ability to put a nice touch on passes cannot.

Stafford has progressed into one of the best young QBs in the league after taking over the 0-16 Lions. I think we sometimes forget just how bad the 2008 Lions were. He's had his ups and downs but he's our franchise QB for at minimum, the next 3 years. He's broken every record there is as Lions QB (which isn't saying much, but still) and made this franchise relevant since 2011. That alone will justify an extension from the ownership.

This team hasn't lived up to its potential but I think this is the year everything comes together. And that's after our 11-5 playoff season last year.

Matthew Stafford 2011-2012 highlights

Lots of Titus Young highlights in the video. :( After Titus went out and we lost Burleson, Stafford did not have a legitimate #2 WR till we got Golden Tate last year. You see in this 2011 highlight video why Stafford is one of the best young QBs in the league. 20 out of 30 GMs in the league would take Stafford over their current QB, guaranteed.

jbug617

Banned
What's prison school?

It's about 5 boys who enter high school that use to be an all girls school. There are 1,000 girls attending the school and just them 5. They are isolated and the just want to have sex or see something from any of the girls. They decided to spy on the girls while they shower. They get caught and are giving the option of being expelled or in house suspension in prison school run by the Student Council who don't take punishment lightly.

It's about 5 boys who enter high school that use to be an all girls school. There are 1,000 girls attending the school and just them 5. They are isolated and the just want to have sex or see something from any of the girls. They decided to spy on the girls while they shower. They get caught and are giving the option of being expelled or in house suspension in prison school run by the Student Council who don't take punishment lightly.

tumblr_nra9p72SRq1r3rdh2o1_540.gif
What the fuck

Peyton needs to come on home.

Get your confidence back! Shave your head, win a superbowl next season and a victory for bald people everywhere.

The pros certainly outweigh the cons in that analysis. Things like drop back speed and "sluggish footwork at times" can be worked on and are being worked on.

Things like rocket arm and ability to put a nice touch on passes cannot.

Stafford has progressed into one of the best young QBs in the league after taking over the 0-16 Lions. I think we sometimes forget just how bad the 2008 Lions were. He's had his ups and downs but he's our franchise QB for at minimum, the next 3 years. He's broken every record there is as Lions QB (which isn't saying much, but still) and made this franchise relevant since 2011. That alone will justify an extension from the ownership.

This team hasn't lived up to its potential but I think this is the year everything comes together. And that's after our 11-5 playoff season last year.

Matthew Stafford 2011-2012 highlights

Lots of Titus Young highlights in the video. :( After Titus went out and we lost Burleson, Stafford did not have a legitimate #2 WR till we got Golden Tate last year. You see in this 2011 highlight video why Stafford is one of the best young QBs in the league. 20 out of 30 GMs in the league would take Stafford over their current QB, guaranteed.

You bring up a fair point that many, including myself sometimes, overlook. 2011 was perhaps the last time Stafford had a legit #3 receiver. We can quibble over whether an elite QB could make average guys work, and you know my perspective on that...however I'll admit that being the type of QB he is, Stafford needed better options. Stafford will have that this year. Megatron and Tate will do their thing as #1 and #2. However Ebron or Moore will be more than capable of being that third option.

The way I see it...

Pass threats

1. Megatron: not expecting many deep balls from Megatron due to age/injuries but he'll still get 1k yards easily

2. Tate: could surpass Megatron's yards depending on how much the playbook is opened up. Will be a huge YAC machine again as well

3: Ebron: O-line health/depth should allow him to focus on catching the ball. Anything less than 450 yards will be a disappointment.

4. Riddick/Abdullah: Both could end up with 300 reception yards.

5. Lance Moore: I think he'll do well, assuming he makes the team

Will you agree he has no excuses now? Assuming the team can stay relatively healthy.

jbug617

Banned
Whatever happened with the rumored Dez Bryant Walmart video? Wasn't that the reason why he is not getting a big contract from the Cowboys?

cdyhybrid

It's Friday night, just got home from work and picked up some pepperoni pizza Combos and a 6-pack of Hop Valley's Citrus Mistress, an IPA brewed with grapefruit peel.

DOTA is booting up - it's finally the weekend friends!

minx

Love the talk about not having a #2 WR when you have the best WR in the NFL since Randy Moss in his prime. Then talk about finally getting a legit #2 laat year. Look at Staffords stats last year. They were not good. The couldn't put up points against mediocre defenses. He isn't the answer.

Godslay

Banned
Love the talk about not having a #2 WR when you have the best WR in the NFL since Randy Moss in his prime. Then talk about finally getting a legit #2 laat year. Look at Staffords stats last year. They were not good. The couldn't put up points against mediocre defenses. He isn't the answer.

Let he without Cutler cast the first stone.

ampere

One year left. But done with all of my major exams!

And credit to BigAT for helping me put together that gif!

You should throw a party for Atlanta-GAF with your big salary when you hit it big! ;)

It's Friday night, just got home from work and picked up some pepperoni pizza Combos and a 6-pack of Hop Valley's Citrus Mistress, an IPA brewed with grapefruit peel.

DOTA is booting up - it's finally the weekend friends!

Combos... nah. But that IPA sounds baller.

well I like Kana hanazawa.

Dude she came inches from getting brutally killed.
this is phenomenally stupid.

I know...I seriously don't understand the logic in doing that...I mean....wtf

Anyways time for depressing dolphin facts:

Just Missed the Win

In 1971, the Dolphins went 10-3-1 en route to the first Super Bowl in team history and the first of what would be three straight appearances in the championship game. However, the fourth-best scoring offense of the regular season stalled out in Super Bowl VI, scoring only three points against the Cowboys. Those Dolphins are the only team in Super Bowl history to fail to score a touchdown.

Top Bottom