• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

6uJo.gif

THE WIN IS FOREVER

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You bring up a fair point that many, including myself sometimes, overlook. 2011 was perhaps the last time Stafford had a legit #3 receiver. We can quibble over whether an elite QB could make average guys work, and you know my perspective on that...however I'll admit that being the type of QB he is, Stafford needed better options. Stafford will have that this year. Megatron and Tate will do their thing as #1 and #2. However Ebron or Moore will be more than capable of being that third option.

The way I see it...

Pass threats

1. Megatron: not expecting many deep balls from Megatron due to age/injuries but he'll still get 1k yards easily

2. Tate: could surpass Megatron's yards depending on how much the playbook is opened up. Will be a huge YAC machine again as well

Will you agree he has no excuses now? Assuming the team can stay relatively healthy.

Offensively, on paper, this is the best offensive team we've had since 2011. Since that season I've gone into each season with high expectations but for various reasons (coaching, depth at skill positions) this Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, formerly Suh Lions team did not live up to those expectations until last year, and even then I was disappointed in a lot of aspects of the team.

This year I'm going in with a Super Bowl or bust mentality because everything seems to be coming together perfectly. Stafford is hitting that peak QB age, the offense and team are Year 2 under this coaching staff and I expect our defense to still be great despite losing Suh.

So I guess I agree there are no excuses for Stafford but I know he'll perform great because he has in the past. He'll show up in crunch time as he always has and he'll sling that football faster than anyone in the league.

Anything less than a Super Bowl this year is a disappointment for me, IMO. We have the coaching staff and we finally has a roster that Martin Mayhew has put together that can go toe to toe with any team in the league.

RBH and rando are back....football is soon friends. Wonder how much longer RellyRell is gone for.

Godslay

Banned
Offensively, on paper, this is the best offensive team we've had since 2011. Since that season I've gone into each season with high expectations but for various reasons (coaching, depth at skill positions) this Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, formerly Suh Lions team did not live up to those expectations until last year, and even then I was disappointed in a lot of aspects of the team.

This year I'm going in with a Super Bowl or bust mentality because everything seems to be coming together perfectly. Stafford is hitting that peak QB age, the offense and team are Year 2 under this coaching staff and I expect our defense to still be great despite losing Suh.

So I guess I agree there are no excuses for Stafford but I know he'll perform great because he has in the past. He'll show up in crunch time as he always has and he'll sling that football faster than anyone in the league.

Anything less than a Super Bowl this year is a disappointment for me, IMO. We have the coaching staff and we finally has a roster that Martin Mayhew has put together that can go toe to toe with any team in the league.

RBH and rando are back....football is soon friends. Wonder how much longer RellyRell is gone for.

Relly said a month on Twitter, that was on Jun 15th. So in a few days.

i remember that year. offense/stafford were so good he won his first (of many) playoff games. what a magical season it was

I think the chances that Matthew Stafford is playing for a different team in 3 years is much higher than the chances he gets into the HOF.

bigosc2k

Banned
Well my nflgaf bro I'm boarding my flight to Mexico to do some relaxation, I don't have to worry about the cartel being in my mom's old village, but I have to make sure not to piss off the federales.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just finished Season 3 of Game of Thrones. Episode 9 legit fucked me up.

Why they gotta do Robb Stark, Talisa Stark and Catelyn Stark like that? Such a powerful scene. I was sitting thinking this episode is rather tame and Arya will finally be reunited with her Mom and brother but nope. Hope Arya starts fucking people up

On to Season 4 but damn what a show. Can't believe I put it off for this long.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So...

Remember that girl last weekend who told me she wasn't into me? Well she texted me Monday saying she missed talking to me. Then she just wanted to come hang at my place just as friends and watch tv.

Well several beers later we rounded third base.

:jnc

I'm kinda already anticipating the "lets just be friends talk" again because that's the safe bet and another more is just a bonus. Women can be weird.

Spinluck

Mexico won.

So...

Remember that girl last weekend who told me she wasn't into me? Well she texted me Monday saying she missed talking to me. Then she just wanted to come hang at my place just as friends and watch tv.

I'm kinda already anticipating the "lets just be friends talk" again because that's the safe bet and another more is just a bonus. Women can be weird.

You better hit her with that rat dick.

cdyhybrid

So...

So you're gonna smash is what I'm reading.

tumblr_lzbk4nXUVX1ro2c2ro6_r1_500.gif

s-s-s-s-swe-swe-sweet can can can can

Would you say you'd eat the booty like groceries?

Top Bottom