• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Who is Iwata?
The guy who made sure Nintendo's 1st party devs had the airspace to make amazing games over the last 15 years. Basically an unmatched run from a single publisher -- unless you want to count panic-mode Sega during the Dreamcast era, but that didn't end well.

On a lighter note:
ZRqZauY.gif

edit: Just reading now that Iwata was still doing code reviews (for smash bros melee!) during the Gamecube era during his off-hours. Badass.

cdyhybrid

Sad that the last appearance Iwata made was apologizing to a bunch of nerds complaining on the internet because they didn't get exactly what they wanted out of a press event.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sad that the last appearance Iwata made was apologizing to a bunch of nerds complaining on the internet because they didn't get exactly what they wanted out of a press event.

Also the whole fact that they used puppets because Iwata didn't want to show people how sick he was....

Kinda puts shit in perspective really when we compare that to how people received their E3 showing.

Godslay

Banned
Also the whole fact that they used puppets because Iwata didn't want to show people how sick he was....

Kinda puts shit in perspective really when we compare that to how people received their E3 showing.

Humility is an endearing trait. Even when the humility being displayed is not deserved by those receiving it.

I always tell my kids it's harder to create than destroy. I still believe criticism is good, but make sure that they understand the work that someone else does before they offer criticism. Especially if it has to be harsh.

Malalaw

Rocket League has managed to get me back into gaming. So simple and brilliant. Shit gets insane when you have people that work together. I scored 5 goals in one game and time ran out when I was about to get my 6th for trophy. Best PS+ game so far IMO.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Humility is an endearing trait. Even when the humility being displayed is not deserved by those receiving it.

I always tell my kids it's harder to create than destroy. I still believe criticism is good, but make sure that they understand the work that someone else does before they offer criticism. Especially if it has to be harsh.

Yeah and at the end of the day (and I'm sure this is practically a meme around here) but they're just fucking video games.

I think that's a fact that's hitting home pretty hard with a lot of folks right now so maybe there'll be a decent amount of personal growth with the juxtaposition of all these events.

squicken

This season of TD has been pretty meh. Even the action sequence just felt meh. I don't know if it is direction or acting or writing, but it's just so much weaker than last season.

It kind of feels like they took the criticism of last year to heart but didn't know how to address people's complaints. Can't be all things to all people. Just do what you are good at

Godslay

Banned
Yeah and at the end of the day (and I'm sure this is practically a meme around here) but they're just fucking video games.

I think that's a fact that's hitting home pretty hard with a lot of folks right now so maybe there'll be a decent amount of personal growth with the juxtaposition of all these events.

They are just videogames at the end of the day. Yet, I think their importance lies in the periphery more than the product itself. They are a way of expression for the creators, an escape or new experiences for the consumers, and a way to connect to people who we may never have connected with otherwise.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They are just videogames at the end of the day. Yet, I think their importance lies in the periphery more than the product itself. They are a way of expression for the creators, an escape or new experiences for the consumers, and a way to connect to people who we may never have connected with otherwise.

Yeah I guess I don't want to dumb down the impact of their creation because it's still the heart and soul of the creators and umpteen million hours of man hours being put on display for all of us to enjoy.

I suppose in my mind that when I say "they're just fucking video games" in situations like this I'm really thinking that I feel like our frustration and anger with one particular game company pale in comparison to the death of an actual human being. Sure people should be allowed to be frustrated with not getting what they want but I think, if nothing else, Iwata's death will take some of the edge off the vitriol that's been thrown around recently.

I'm sure snes agrees!

cdyhybrid

Well said.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah I guess I don't want to dumb down the impact of their creation because it's still the heart and soul of the creators and umpteen million hours of man hours being put on display for all of us to enjoy.

I suppose in my mind that when I say "they're just fucking video games" in situations like this I'm really thinking that I feel like our frustration and anger with one particular game company pale in comparison to the death of an actual human being. Sure people should be allowed to be frustrated with not getting what they want but I think, if nothing else, Iwata's death will take some of the edge off the vitriol that's been thrown around recently.

I'm sure snes agrees!

I can agree with that.

Well said.

Thanks.

Just thinking through this a bit. While I do remember distinct games for their stories and the experiences they offer, the most memorable bits are always of who I enjoyed them with. That's what's important to me I guess. Same goes with football.

I'm off to bed though, good night GAF.

This season of TD has been pretty meh. Even the action sequence just felt meh. I don't know if it is direction or acting or writing, but it's just so much weaker than last season.

It kind of feels like they took the criticism of last year to heart but didn't know how to address people's complaints. Can't be all things to all people. Just do what you are good at

No daddario titties already put this season on the brink of disaster

squicken

I'm shocked that people thought TD would be good. It's got Vince Vaughn ffs.

He's not good but he's taking lots of bullets for some really crappy writing. I mean every conversation ends with some awful one liner. Granted, the other actors sell it better. But it's still bad

It's just a boring show and I don't give a shit about any of the characters. Then you top that with terrible writing and you have a huge disappointment. I'll finish out the season but this is like a 3/10 right now

Bread

Banned
He's not good but he's taking lots of bullets for some really crappy writing. I mean every conversation ends with some awful one liner. Granted, the other actors sell it better. But it's still bad
he's always been a wooden actor who could only pull off being a witty asshole, he just doesn't fit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

God bless you Godslay.

squicken

It's just a boring show and I don't give a shit about any of the characters. Then you top that with terrible writing and you have a huge disappointment. I'll finish out the season but this is like a 3/10 right now

Same. I hope it picks up but I can't see myself watching another season at this rate. I don't follow Hollywood stuff too much so I don't know why the writer and the guy who directed most of last year had the falling out, but he's definitely missed. Parts of that gunfight were TV Movie of the Week, where the few action sequences last year bested most summer blockbusters

MRSA

Banned
So my coworkers and I went out for pesa and beers.

It was Chicago style deep dish pesa and lemme tell you something, that shit isn't pesa, its a fuckin casserole. I had to use a fork and knife, what kinda shit is that?!

Bread

Banned
So my coworkers and I went out for pesa and beers.

It was Chicago style deep dish pesa and lemme tell you something, that shit isn't pesa, its a fuckin casserole. I had to use a fork and knife, what kinda shit is that?!
It's not pizza but it's cheesy and delicious.

On a lighter note:

edit: Just reading now that Iwata was still doing code reviews (for smash bros melee!) during the Gamecube era during his off-hours. Badass.

Dude, what a G. CEO of a large company still doing code reviews...

Edit: Ahh I guess he was GM of Corporate Planning at the time. Still, what a boss.

Top Bottom