• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Pepiope

More that we brought in a lot of injury prone players and this could all go very poorly with the wrong luck. Plus we lost our #1 WR, our left guard who was top tier, and reset our entire secondary. And now we have a QB who hasn't played in two years behind a line that is uncerrtain, although we have excellent tackles and center. Just look at all the (justified) eye-rolling at the idea of Bradford staying healthy
The offense was supposed to suck when we cut Jackson too. Foles and Sanchez sucked last year (for different reasons) and we were still a top offensive team. The offense is going to run, Chip is fine on that side of the ball. The improvements made on the defense is much more important, and once they gel, we'll be a better team. Trust in Chip.

Pepiope

Thats some mental gymnastics right there
It's not. Chip Kelly's scheme is designed to get the ball out of the QB's hand as quickly as possible. Bradford has the tools, Chip has the plays, the team only needs to execute. Bradford isn't going to hit that much. He'll be fine.

Hindl

The offense was supposed to suck when we cut Jackson too. Foles and Sanchez sucked last year (for different reasons) and we were still a top offensive team. The offense is going to run, Chip is fine on that side of the ball. The improvements made on the defense is much more important, and once they gel, we'll be a better team. Trust in Chip.

I'm a big Chip Kelly fan and I've been a fan of everything he's done. I see his vision and I think he will lead us to our first SB. But there's a lot that can go wrong. With the exception of Sproles, our backfield could be in crutches by Week 2. Add in that we have a gaping hole at RG, and Jordan Matthews is the only WR we have right now that's proven, and that was a rookie year, so a sophomore slump is possible. Our front 7 is heavily underrated, but that's because our secondary was piss-poor last season. We addressed that, but we have a bunch of new guys coming in, and the safety spot next to Jenkins is still up in the air. I think this team is really good, but a few injuries will destroy us, and it's more likely to happen on this team than others. If I'm optimistic? This year we go 12-4 and take a playoff game before getting bumped. And I believe that can happen. But be realistic, the other side can happen just as easily and we could go 8-8 or below with the wrong luck. This team has changed dramatically and until they take the field no one knows what they will do.

Pepiope

Youre kas levels of unpossible
A healthy Bradford makes the Eagles a contender, DET doesn't have that.

I'm a big Chip Kelly fan and I've been a fan of everything he's done. I see his vision and I think he will lead us to our first SB. But there's a lot that can go wrong. With the exception of Sproles, our backfield could be in crutches by Week 2. Add in that we have a gaping hole at RG, and Jordan Matthews is the only WR we have right now that's proven, and that was a rookie year, so a sophomore slump is possible. Our front 7 is heavily underrated, but that's because our secondary was piss-poor last season. We addressed that, but we have a bunch of new guys coming in, and the safety spot next to Jenkins is still up in the air. I think this team is really good, but a few injuries will destroy us, and it's more likely to happen on this team than others. If I'm optimistic? This year we go 12-4 and take a playoff game before getting bumped. And I believe that can happen. But be realistic, the other side can happen just as easily and we could go 8-8 or below with the wrong luck. This team has changed dramatically and until they take the field no one knows what they will do.
The idea is to use all 3 RBs in order to have them last all season long. Conditioning is huge with Chip, and it's revolutionary in the NFL. There have already been players saying that they've never felt better at the end of the season. Since Chip came abroad, we've been the healthiest team in the NFL. What he's doing works, and I don't believe he would give up Foles and a 2nd round pick for Bradford if he didn't think it would work out. Is it a risk? Of course, but if it works we can see ourselves contending for a Super Bowl as early as this year. That's much better than being the team that consistently wins the division, but truthfully has no chance to win it all. It's at least exciting and refreshing to see that we're trying a different approach.

BigAT

If he's a full-go come training camp, why should I believe different?

Sam Bradford feeling good as camp opens

"Sam Bradford left little doubt about his status during mandatory conditioning tests."

“I feel great," Bradford said. "My knee feels really good. It feels better than when we finished OTAs."

Wow, you're right. Bradford must be feeling pretty good, there is no way he'll get injured this season.

Oh wait, that article is from 2014. Published 4 weeks before he tore his ACL for the second time.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

"Sam Bradford left little doubt about his status during mandatory conditioning tests."

“I feel great," Bradford said. "My knee feels really good. It feels better than when we finished OTAs."

Wow, you're right. Bradford must be feeling pretty good, there is no way he'll get injured this season.

Oh wait, that article is from 2014. Published 4 weeks before he tore his ACL for the second time.

Damn. Ice cold.

Bowser

A healthy Bradford makes the Eagles a contender.

x7IT5so.gif

pick6.gif

Pepiope

He's had more time to recover, and he isn't being rushed back. 3rd time is a charm.

I mean, I get that Bradford isn't some god of a QB but I think he's better than Sanchez for sure and probably better than Foles. People saying the Eagles aren't contenders even if Bradford is healthy is ridiculous considering they had a better record than teams that actually went to the playoffs last year and they upgraded the one corp that was holding them back. Writing them off is as ridiculous as the people that think Bradford is some sort of a god QB that is going to automatically win the Eagles an owl.

Hindl

The idea is to use all 3 RBs in order to have them last all season long. Conditioning is huge with Chip, and it's revolutionary in the NFL. There have already been players saying that they've never felt better at the end of the season. Since Chip came abroad, we've been the healthiest team in the NFL. What he's doing works, and I don't believe he would give up Foles and a 2nd round pick for Bradford if he didn't think it would work out. Is it a risk? Of course, but if it works we can see ourselves contending for a Super Bowl as early as this year. That's much better than being the team that consistently wins the division, but truthfully has no chance to win it all. It's at least exciting and refreshing to see that we're trying a different approach.

I'm with you, I'm a big believer in Chip. I know we're the healthiest team in the league, and it's no coincidence. I believe Chip will give us the Super Bowl, I'm just mindful of what could happen. And regardless, even if Bradford gets bionic legs and never has an injury again, there's no guarantee he can live up to the #1 pick. He had the talent and the power, and he's made some fantastic plays that have been ruined by the players around him. On the other hand, he hasn't played for 2 years. When he did last play, he was gunshy about the deep ball after being rattled so much. That shit gets in a QB's head, and he's been separated from the game for a while. If there's anywhere Bradford can resurrect his career, it's Philly. And if he can get back to that 2010-11 playing level, we will be just fine. I'm just not sure he's still that player after the career he's had. Who knows? But saying if Bradford is healthy he'll be fantastic immediately is a stretch. He's gonna need to get his legs back (no pun intended). We'll see if that's possible.

I mean, I get that Bradford isn't some god of a QB but I think he's better than Sanchez for sure and probably better than Foles. People saying the Eagles aren't contenders even if Bradford is healthy is ridiculous considering they had a better record than teams that actually went to the playoffs last year and they upgraded the one corp that was holding them back. Writing them off is as ridiculous as the people that think Bradford is some sort of a god QB that is going to automatically win the Eagles an owl.

This is the proper stance for the 2015 Eagles

I think the second half of last season broke quite a few Eagles fans. Was Chip's plan all along to mentally break down the fan base so that he could achieve absolute power?

I think the second half of last season broke quite a few Eagles fans. Was Chip's plan all along to mentally break down the fan base so that he could achieve absolute power?

Yeah, the Eagles losing games to better teams broke Eagles fans. Only after 50 years of losing did that particular season break them. Your post is as ridiculous as coldplays taste in women.

Hindl

That collapse was good. Made us realize we had to reset the secondary, and make some changes because this team simply wasn't good enough to win. If I had to characterize the roster before this offseason, I'd probably compare us to the Bengals. Always doing pretty good, but once the postseason comes around it doesn't end well. Now we have a new team, and on paper we look better than before. Reality may be different, but no matter what I'll still love Chip for his zero-fucks-given attitude and his willingness to do things his way

BigAT

But what has he done to deserve this designation? He had one half of a nice season two years and two ACL tears ago. I don't know how you can watch the NFL with regularity and still believe that the odds are in his favor of coming back as a successful quarterback, which he never really was in the first place.

Yeah, the Eagles losing games to better teams broke Eagles fans. Only after 50 years of losing did that particular season break them. Your post is as ridiculous as coldplays taste in women.

MY post is ridiculous? Have you seen some of the stuff on this page?

I think it was that 53-20 loss to the Packers that set it up but the loss to the Redskins was the concussive blow.

Pepiope

I'm with you, I'm a big believer in Chip. I know we're the healthiest team in the league, and it's no coincidence. I believe Chip will give us the Super Bowl, I'm just mindful of what could happen. And regardless, even if Bradford gets bionic legs and never has an injury again, there's no guarantee he can live up to the #1 pick. He had the talent and the power, and he's made some fantastic plays that have been ruined by the players around him. On the other hand, he hasn't played for 2 years. When he did last play, he was gunshy about the deep ball after being rattled so much. That shit gets in a QB's head, and he's been separated from the game for a while. If there's anywhere Bradford can resurrect his career, it's Philly. And if he can get back to that 2010-11 playing level, we will be just fine. I'm just not sure he's still that player after the career he's had. Who knows? But saying if Bradford is healthy he'll be fantastic immediately is a stretch. He's gonna need to get his legs back (no pun intended). We'll see if that's possible.
We don't need Bradford to play like the #1 pick again to be contenders. We were a top offense with Foles and Sanchez at the helm. Bradford has the tools be better than both of them. We certainly are contenders this year if Bradford and the rest of our core players are healthy. It's not a guaranteed Super Bowl (just kidding, it is), but we would be capable of winning it all.

Hindl

We don't need Bradford to play like the #1 pick again to be contenders. We were a top offense with Foles and Sanchez at the helm. Bradford has the tools be better than both of them. We certainly are contenders this year if Bradford and the rest of our core players are healthy. It's not a guaranteed Super Bowl (just kidding, it is), but we would be capable of winning it all.

Love the optimism. I guess I'm a little more pessimistic. In my opinion if everything goes right and Bradford plays well, we are a year or two max from getting the bowl

Top Bottom