• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
EJ Manuel is clearly 38th best. Y'all need to show him more respect. Well, him or that one guy that we picked up from like, Taco Cabana. He may be good. The Buffalo blogs are certainly fond of that one dude.

Pepiope

you don't think he is as good as those others?
No, he's not in that elite group that includes Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers.

He is a step down from them, on par with Brees, Romo, Luck (for now), etc.

You people give Kas and myself Shit but Eagles GAF has turned into Chip Zealots. All of them.
The Eagles can be really good this year. I don't get why people are trying to deny that.

EJ Manuel is clearly 38th best. Y'all need to show him more respect. Well, him or that one guy that we picked up from like, Taco Cabana. He may be good. The Buffalo blogs are certainly fond of that one dude.

If only you played the dolphins all season you could throw whatever scrub you picked off a taco truck and still win.

;_;

MechDX

Never noticed WandergWind that our avatars are weirdly similar:

Ay5MeWM.png
image.php
image.php

MechDX

Put those guys on any NFL team and they immediately become contenders. You can't say that about any other QB in the NFL.

Put Ben on the Texans right now and they are instant contenders. You obviously have not watched many Steelers games the last couple years but he was pretty much the reason, before last season, they were in games

Ok I need a favor. I need Watts head avatarized for Weinke:

CKDNnH_WcAAR9PB.jpg:large

Pepiope

Put Ben on the Texans right now and they are instant contenders. You obviously have not watched many Steelers games the last couple years but he was pretty much the reason, before last season, they were in games
But Ben on the Bucs or Jags? He's an above average QB, but Ben being as good as those 3 is a bigger stretch than Bradford staying healthy for 16 games.

MechDX

But Ben on the Bucs or Jags? He's an above average QB, but Ben being as good as those 3 is a bigger stretch than Bradford staying healthy for 16 games.

Yes. Ben on the Jags and they are contenders for the playoffs. Yes before you say anything all you have to do is get in

Don't watch a lot of Bucs games but I feel ok saying they would be contenders as well

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

So you say if Rodgers went to the Bucs or Jags they would be instant contenders?

I dunno about that.

Striker

Steelers defense has been in the top 6 of the league seven times since 2004. They have dropped these past two years, but let's not get crazy. On the flipside, the Steelers FO have really improved the OL in both pass pro and run blocking, and found gems like Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell, two All Pros. A far cry from guys like Limas Sweed and Rashard Mendenhall (wasn't bad, but isn't near the playmaking back) early picks.

So you say if Rodgers went to the Bucs or Jags they would be instant contenders?

I dunno about that.
Rodgers throwing to Vince Jackson and Mike Evans?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Ben on the Bucs would be crazy. They have big, fast receivers. That offense would be ridiculous. The nice thing about Ben is that he doesn't really need an o-line. Same with Rodgers. You somehow think Br*dy would make that offense tick, though. Dude would be dead before he could throw two hissy fits.

WanderingWind

I don't believe it.

Takes more than just a good QB and receivers.

But not much more, tbh. At least on offense in Goodell's league in 2015. If they even have a working OL, Ben is the type of QB who can make that shit work. Throw in a back who can fall forward on command and baby, you got a contender in the NFC South

Pepiope

But not much more, tbh. At least on offense in Goodell's league in 2015. If they even have a working OL, Ben is the type of QB who can make that shit work. Throw in a back who can fall forward on command and baby, you got a contender in the NFC South
They'd be contenders in the way the Panthers were last season, if that's what you mean.

WanderingWind

They'd be contenders in the way the Panthers were last season, if that's what you mean.

Playoffs are playoffs. If the Bills were in the South, they'd look like the 2014 Detroit Lions. Competent until they hit actual competition, then folding like a sack of bricks.

Pepiope

Bolded is key tho
It is, but it's the truth. IMO, there's a better chance we're a 10+ win team than not, mostly because our schedule is pretty easy, but we can be a contender. There are just a lot that factors into it, and we won't have answers until the season begins.

MechDX

Can't wait to see Watt and Clowney together.

I have no expectations for Clowney right now. Now the thought of Watt on the line with 350 lb Wilfork and 340 lb. Nix at the same time?

2 blockers for Wilfork, 2 blockers for Nix...that leaves 1 o lineman and a TE for Watt, Mercilus, OLB #2 and Cushing

Cool. Did it help you get a playoff spot, that win?

Nope but it sure was nice seeing BG wear that sexy Mallettar for a month

Wait a Browns fan talking smack about playoffs? REALLY?

Top Bottom