• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pre-Preseason Thread |OT| Milana Vayntrub presents "Wet Dreaming of a Super Bowl"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
who made you boss? Wienke should be in charge, he created this.

No one from PackersGAF should be in charge. That includes Greg too.

I'm happy with the status quo of PatriotsGAF running NFLGAF until LionsGAF can reclaim what was once ours.

detroit-lions-1950-s-file-photos_thumbnail_200_200.jpg

1935DetroitLions.jpeg

91zn00V9cTL._SL1500_.jpg

Restore the Roar 2016

No one from PackersGAF should be in charge. That includes Greg too.

I'm happy with the status quo of PatriotsGAF running NFLGAF until LionsGAF can reclaim what was once ours.

detroit-lions-1950-s-file-photos_thumbnail_200_200.jpg

1935DetroitLions.jpeg

91zn00V9cTL._SL1500_.jpg

Restore the Roar 2016

Winning a championship against Cleveland deserves a bigger asterisk than spygate.

cdyhybrid

Just woke up from a nap, have EVO on the TV and firing up DOTA.

Also about to do my best Russell Wilson impression and drink some Hazelnut Brown Nectar tonight.

cWsJPBz.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I find that I listen to more music in front of my pc than in front of my b&w's. I've been thinking about upgrading this situation for a while. Installing the dragonfly was as simple as plugging it into an open usb port and then plugging in my headphones. The instructions made me check the sound settings in the control panel, but they were set up correctly, automatically.

The first thing I heard was much truer sounding vocals. The next thing was better separation of the instruments. Basically, a very noticeable increase in clarity and staging in my test music. It's almost to the point where I'm starting to hear the inherent weaknesses in the recordings and encoding issues. Time to go to lossless flac.

Songs listened to (so far):
John Mayer - Gravity
Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors
Diana Krall - East of the Sun
Guru - Loungin'

I'm done testing. I won't be unplugging this thing until I go on the road with the laptop. I can even hear the difference in my fairly cheap desktop speakers.

I'm genuinely impressed by this thing. It's tiny, but it sounds like a million bucks. It's surely not for everyone at $150, but I'm a closet audiophile.

Yeah, in general the first thing I notice when I listen on a legit high quality setup is how bad the audio quality is for most of my music library. :(

That's maybe the biggest reason I've hesitated to pull the trigger. It's a rabbit hole...

Top Bottom