• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

I can't really see anything wrong with the hit. He led with his shoulder and aimed low. He didn't have his forearm up high and it didn't hit his head with it. I don't know Swearinger's past history but I didn't see anything particularly wrong with that one play. If you want to blame someone blame John Fox for continuing to draw plays like that for Welker.

MechDX

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 13m

Quite a showing by @tomsavage03. He's going to be a player in this league. Just a matter of time before he starts.

See? Even crazy old bastard Gil Brandt agrees with me.

Eleuin

Wes Welker is the new Austin Collie

The guy should retire, but only after using his super bowl curse one more time to embarrass his team

Colasante

The Swearinger hit didn't look that bad to me, but maybe my perception is skewed by having to deal with that dumbass Meriweather for so many years.

Eleuin

Go watcn hockey you Canadian bandwagoner. Eh When was the last time Canada won the cup????
QyIMD.png

Go smoke some weed and calm down
The welker curse does not discriminate, good or pats it does not matter

Duxxy3

Didn't see the hit, but that's three concussions in under a year. He needs to hang it up while he has a few active brain cells left.

@SI_PeterKing
MT @mikerodak: NY State Police arrested Buff DT Alan Branch for DUI, 2AM Saturday. Vomiting out the side door of his car... Poor Bills fans.

Falcons offense looked ready for week 1.

Defense looked better. Of course, being better than hot shit is not all that much of an accomplishment.

So the Saints game will probably be a shootout where the team whose defense gets one or maybe two stops wins.

Godslay

Banned
I can't really see anything wrong with the hit. He led with his shoulder and aimed low. He didn't have his forearm up high and it didn't hit his head with it. I don't know Swearinger's past history but I didn't see anything particularly wrong with that one play. If you want to blame someone blame John Fox for continuing to draw plays like that for Welker.

We can argue if the rules are good or bad for the sport, but it was an illegal hit if you go by the rules. Guys go over the middle, its part of the game. What is not part if the game anymore is punishing another player for doing so. At least when the player is defenseless.

1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the passer’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him;

Enough of that from me. It is what it is, hopefully Welker is okay.

Sucks about Prater as well. He looked terrible last night. Rumors going around are that he was suspended for drinking some beers. He had a DUI a few years ago and was on the substance abuse program. That supposedly violated the program rules. I'm a skeptic and there has to be more than that just judging by how bad he looked.

Top Bottom