• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason 2014 |OT2| - It's only one week, deal with no new content!

@MortReport
Peyton Manning notified by NFL he is fined $8,200 for taunting of DJ Swearinger. No appeal. Peyton: "I accept it. Money well spent."

lkzlvbW.png

Completed draws for the Champions League.

ESPN reports Adrian Peterson called Cowboys owner Jerry Jones in June to tell him he was interested in playing for Dallas "at the end of his tenure with the Vikings."

Adrian Peterson never getting a ring confirmed

cdyhybrid

Man, I am tired as balls today.

Coffee time! Today is my last day to get shit done before I leave for Vegas tomorrow morning.

Real football is back!! We're all Aggies today!

Go Cocks.

Everyone excited for star ladder? The team shakeups are ludicrous! Glad fnatic died

Is there a catch-all log of all the team moves since TI4?

Chris Mortensen @mortreport · 14m
Peyton Manning notified by NFL he is fined $8,200 for taunting of DJ Swearinger. No appeal. Peyton: "I accept it. Money well spent."

#THUG LIFE

Disgusting thug.

MechDX

Are players allowed to tamper?

If Butterfingers initiated the contact I don't see how you can punish Jones.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...n-tells-dallas-owner-jerry-jones-wants-cowboy

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson told Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones in a June telephone call he would like to play for the Cowboys at the end of his tenure with the Vikings, according to an "Outside the Lines" report.

"Well, I understand, Adrian," Jones told Peterson during the call. "I'd like that, too ... Well, I love your story. I love your daddy's story. I've always respected what you've been about. I've always been a fan of yours."

"Well, we'll see what we can do, if we can make that happen," Jones, who is also the Cowboys' general manager, told Peterson. "Hmm hmm ... I'd like that, too ... Well, we're talking pig Latin here, but let's see if we can do that ... We're talking pig Latin here, but let's see what we can do about that. OK, Adrian, thanks."

The NFL's rules on player tampering lay out specific steps to take if a team is contacted by a player who is under contract with another team: "... the contacted club must immediately report such contact to the owner or operating head of the club which holds the player's rights." Failure to do so can result in "severe" penalties from the commissioner's office.

bionic77

Our generation's reverse Herschel Walker.
It would so hilarious is Jones was part of the Herschel Walker trade, which helped created one of the best NFL teams in history, and could easily be part of the reverse Herschel Walker trade as well.

Old age must be a bitch.

Bowser

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
For example, the #Bills have had WR T.J. Graham on the trade block for several months, sources said.

Hm. If he can be had for a late round pick, I would not mind the Panthers trading for him. Former in-state product (played his college ball at NCSU), entering his 3rd season, is the ACC's career leader in kickoff return yardage, plus proven at the NFL level to be useful with 54 rec, 638 yards and 3 TDs. 4.41 40, he could work the slot as a Ted Ginn-type guy to take the top off a defense unlike any of the other WRs on the roster currently.

eznark

Banned
It would so hilarious is Jones was part of the Herschel Walker trade, which helped created one of the best NFL teams in history, and could easily be part of the reverse Herschel Walker trade as well.

Old age must be a bitch.

Adrian Peterson wouldn't net three first round picks, let alone 3 first's, three second's, a third, a sixth and 5 players.

I am doing R&D for work, and watching some tutorial videos on tech to familiarize myself. I am taking manual notes, and I realized that I haven't written this much manually in years, and it feels like I barely know how to manually write anymore.

Greg

I am doing R&D for work, and watching some tutorial videos on tech to familiarize myself. I am taking manual notes, and I realized that I haven't written this much manually in years, and it feels like I barely know how to manually write anymore.
I don't even want to know what my handwriting looks like now

bionic77

Yeah your muscles for that get real weak after awhile.

I still write but nowhere near as much as I did in high school and college (this was before everyone had a laptop).

Ray Rice fallout..

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49s
So the Ray Rice Fallout continues with a new domestic violence policy. Six games for 1st offense, lifetime ban for 2nd.

Jane McManus ‏@janesports 4m
The NFL announced sweeping new measures on domestic violence in a letter to owners today; Six games for 1st offense, lifetime ban for 2nd.

Wtf is going on at USC...smh...

Edit: sorry more context:

From scout.com

Steve Sarkisian just came into the media room to inform us that Anthony Brown has quit the football team. Brown went on Instagram and Facebook, accusing Sarkisian of being a racist. Sark said he was "shocked" at these allegations, called them "ridiculous" and welcomed us to talk to anyone in or around the program and they would tell us that it simply wasn't true.

Sark said they tried to accommodate Brown, moving him to running back. He was unfortunately hurt but Sark said they still tried to get him to stay on the team. Sark felt he could help the team. Brown refused, quit the team then posted the following on Facebook:

"Couldn't play for a racist man!!!!!!!!!!!
#FightOn"

On Instagram he posted this:

Top Bottom