• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

ShaneB

Browns join the, Fuck it, I'm going deep club! I wish they were doing Hard Knocks this year.

The Browns on Hard Knocks this season would've been a heck of a lot of fun.

edit: Not sure why this exclusive nonsense is a big deal. They're getting rarer and rarer, and everything is pretty much multiplatform anyway. I guess I just don't care about games these days anyway to really care. Damned if you, damned if you don't apparently.

Greg

the greatest Tomb Raider game is Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

edit holy shit I never heard about this:
On 9 June 2014, Square Enix announced a second download-only title, called Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. Featuring cooperative gameplay with up to four players, the game is set to release on Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

that's the real sequel!

GQman2121

Banned
The Halo Collection looks amazing for fans of the series. My only experience with the series is playing multiplayer at the barber shop while my co-worker at the time got a haircut. It never grabbed me though.

Why can't Sony give Socom this treatment, Greg?! WHY?!?

Meanwhile Sony just announced Journey and Unfinished Swan on PS4 (officially). Journey cross buy which is awesome!

Both were great in 2012. Swan in particular for me was pretty special. Short and sweet, but kept things feeling new throughout, which I appreciated. Also, much better with a Move controller believe or not.

Journey for PS4 is cross-buy and finally confirmed.

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Quantum Break looks pretty damned great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxIj6sT4uA&feature=youtu.be

The Order got delayed? That sucks.
Yep. Announced a bit prior to E3, unfortunately.

Bloodborne is also coming in that timeframe as is Quantum Break.

2014 has been very weak, in my opinion. The Order looks alright but we've still got awhile. Really I just want Bloodborne.
If you're not into indie titles, yeah I can see that viewpoint but its been weak on both sides of the aisle with regard to big AAA title releases. Sony isn't alone in that regard.

Greg

Guardian of Light is great but TRII is the GOAT!
that game blew my mind at the time

The Halo Collection looks amazing for fans of the series. My only experience with the series is playing multiplayer at the barber shop while my co-worker at the time got a haircut. It never grabbed me though.

Why can't Sony give Socom this treatment, Greg?! WHY?!?
because they like to stomp on our dreams and put out FPS games with aim assists and lasers and countless unlocks with respawn

I'm working through the single player of TLoU now, and then I'll join you on MP if you aren't bored with it by that time!

because they like to stomp on our dreams and put out FPS games with aim assists and lasers and countless unlocks with respawn

I'm working through the single player of TLoU now, and then I'll join you on MP if you aren't bored with it by that time!
Killzone: Shadow Fall had great MP. All weapons and abilities unlocked from the start and no aim assist (which some reviewers complained about, lol). Too bad the community died off in a few months.

GQman2121

Banned

I've completely destroyed the game. Both single and multiplayer are done 100%. But I'm going to play more until at least Madden in two weeks, and then I don't know. Still on the fence about Destiny. GTA V and either FIFA/Pro Evo are the only other games I know I'm buy in 2014.

I'm currently in TLoU GAF tourney. We got fucking run over in the first round and dropped to the loser bracket in record time. Play again tonight I think. The multiplayer is very good. Zero aim assist which was all over Destiny's Alpha.

Killzone: Shadow Fall had great MP. All weapons and abilities unlocked from the start and no aim assist (which some reviewers complained about, lol). Too bad the community died off in a few months.

It's hard not to assume that there's a direct correlation between the two....

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
AAA "exclusives" are definitely sparse but plenty of good stuff that's multiplatform to be had this fall.

Looking forward to GTA5, Dragon Age, AC5, Shadow of Mordor, Civilization, and more that I'm forgetting!

gutshot

WTF at this page...

Here, have some football-related news:

John Ourand @Ourand_SBJ
The Browns-Lions preseason game was the most-watched preseason game ever on NFL Network with 2.82 million viewers. #JohnnyFootball

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns/Lions was the most watched preseason game on NFL Network ever!

Almost 3 million viewers.

Edit: ugh what a gutshot that I was second to say this.

Greg

yeah, it's rare that people stick with a game these days

I've completely destroyed the game. Both single and multiplayer are done 100%. But I'm going to play more until at least Madden in two weeks, and then I don't know. Still on the fence about Destiny. GTA V and either FIFA/Pro Evo are the only other games I know I'm buy in 2014.

I'm currently in TLoU GAF tourney. We got fucking run over in the first round and dropped to the loser bracket in record time. Play again tonight I think. The multiplayer is very good. Zero aim assist which was all over Destiny's Alpha.
I'm really enjoying the single player so far

although my one issue with games that push the whole survival/stealth/manage your inventory thing is that I end up hoarding everything and never actually using it

ShaneB

My copy of Take Your Eye off the Ball arrived. Excited to read. I need to get a DVR for this fall.

Do share your opinion when finished!

Browns/Lions was the most watched preseason game on NFL Network ever!

Almost 3 million viewers.

Edit: ugh what a gutshot that I was second to say this.

Crazy numbers. Johnny Football Fever!

Also, looking at Robin Williams Filmography, It's sad to say there is a lot here that I have not seen, I need to correct that starting this weekend.

although my one issue with games that push the whole survival/stealth/manage your inventory thing is that I end up hoarding everything and never actually using it

I am playing through on Grounded and I haven't fired a single shot as of yet. Actually, I lie, you have to shoot in one section of Bill's Town but it doesn't count against your ammo count.

I'm enjoying Tlou, but it's hard to get into a flow of the story when you only play 45 minutes at a time.

Have the fixed the multiplayer yet or does it still take an hour to wait for the game?

bionic77

Was Tomb Raider ever good?

It seemed like shit to me even in the 90s. Even worse if you had played mario64.

Crash was good though. I remember 2 being a lot of fun.

Dragon

Banned

Greg add me on PSN! I played with BG and wienke last night and got teabagged by a fucker named McNipples. If that doesn't entice you nothing will!

I'm enjoying Tlou, but it's hard to get into a flow of the story when you only play 45 minutes at a time.

Have the fixed the multiplayer yet or does it still take an hour to wait for the game?

It seemed better last night when I played but I still had some weirdness.

I don't know how you only play 45 mins at a time that'd be tough.

I'm running on a year straight playing FFXIV. That's longer than any COD game I played by a lot.

bionic77

The early TR games were a lot better on PC than PS1.
Never played it on PC.

The graphics and controls on the PS1 were shit though. The PS had some great games but a shocking amount of games were almost unplayable even when they were released. The 64 only had like 20 games total (slight exaggeration) but most were more playable (for that time period). But not a lot lf variety.

Outside of PC I think no one got 3D right until DC. Things haven't changed much since then!

God I am so sick of furniture shopping. It feels like work when you drag your kids there. And nice stuff is way too expensive. If I knew anything about it I would open a store.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Never played it on PC.

The graphics and controls on the PS1 were shit though. The PS had some great games but a shocking amount of games were almost unplayable even when they were released. The 64 only had like 20 games total (slight exaggeration) but most were more playable (for that time period). But not a lot lf variety.

Outside of PC I think no one got 3D right until DC. Things haven't changed much since then!

God I am so sick of furniture shopping. It feels like work when you drag your kids there. And nice stuff is way too expensive. If I knew anything about it I would open a store.

Dreamcast was amazing when it came out. It was like finally games didn't look like ass.

Also, the markup on furniture is criminal too.

Also also, today is 99 cent leg and thigh day at Popeyes and I'm in a black neighborhood. The line here is reminiscent of the launch of a new iPhone. These people know what's up.

Greg

Greg add me on PSN! I played with BG and wienke last night and got teabagged by a fucker named McNipples. If that doesn't entice you nothing will!

It seemed better last night when I played but I still had some weirdness.

I don't know how you only play 45 mins at a time that'd be tough.
Will do!

BG invited me to your party last night, but I told him I was just going to finish single player for the first time before I hop into MP.

Top Bottom