• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Tom Penny

This looks pretty tight

DisloyalDimwittedBoaconstrictor.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have a month off before my fall classes start...should I get a PS4 or game on my new PC and back log of PS3 games?

Can't go wrong with Steam and PC if you're not going to be able to play games at all once school starts.

The real question is whether or not the PS4 has anything worth playing for you.

Pro

I have a month off before my fall classes start...should I get a PS4 or game on my new PC and back log of PS3 games?

The backlog of games concept blows my mind. I can't grasp it. If you haven't played a game, don't buy a new one. You bought one for a reason to entertain you so be entertained by it. And if you don't have the time then you don't have the time to be buying/playing a bunch of new ones either.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The backlog of games concept blows my mind. I can't grasp it. If you haven't played a game, don't buy a new one. You bought one for a reason to entertain you so be entertained by it. And if you don't have the time then you don't have the time to be buying/playing a bunch of new ones either.

Steam sales. Your wallet doesn't realize what's happening before it's too late!

KaYotiX

Banned
Looks like PS4 will finally have games next year, will be buying one in the fall it looks like.

Also like what MS showed off, so glad I can afford all these things :)

cashman

Banned

steam

Pro

Steam sales. Your wallet doesn't realize what's happening before it's too late!

Even if it's on sale, it's not going anywhere. Chances are after the hype dies down you won't care and even if you do and it goes off sale it might be what $10 more? The amount people spend on Steam games they never play heavily outweighs that price.

But mostly it's people with physical game backlogs. The game ain't going nowhere. You don't have to buy it Day 1 or just because it is on sale. You can get any game you'd ever want at any time on the internet.

You are on NeoGAF and the idea of a backlog blows your mind?

That... blows my mind. I agree with your reasoning but self control is hard.

Sometimes I go grocery shopping and there usually an entertainment section I walk in I see something I like so I buy. Then with either work, friends, family etc... I get busy so I never get around to playing so over time the back log builds up.

Same with the mall, maybe I stop by to pick up a shirt, or shoe, or tie etc... walk past the game store then stop by and end up grabbing something.

You are on NeoGAF and the idea of a backlog blows your mind?

That... blows my mind. I agree with your reasoning but self control is hard.

People shouldn't have to defend a lack of self control anyways. Its their money. They'll spend it however they choose to spend it. What you choose to do with your money is your business. What I choose to do with my money is mine.

If I choose to have a game backlog because I want to take advantage of a sale? Or simply because *I* want something - why does anyone else need to "get" that concept to begin with. Go buy your one game at a time and enjoy.

Konka

Banned
People shouldn't have to defend a lack of self control anyways. Its their money. They'll spend it however they choose to spend it. What you choose to do with your money is your business. What I choose to do with my money is mine.

If I choose to have a game backlog because I want to take advantage of a sale? Or simply because *I* want something - why does anyone else need to "get" that concept to begin with. Go buy your one game at a time and enjoy.

Sure, but people spend their money irresponsibly all the time and then whine about it when they're broke. Claiming the way that you spend money doesn't affect others is naive.

Claiming the way that you spend money doesn't affect others is naive.
Claiming you know know how to spend other peoples money better than they do is arrogance. Solution for both? Mind your own business. People are gonna do whatever the hell it is they want do regardless or our input.

I have a pretty huge backlog. I just have enough cash not to give a fuck.
Konka will give you financial advice on how not to end up a poor. Don't worry about it.;)

Yeah I've stopped buying new games now but I have a pretty big collection from PS+ alone

PC. Definitely.

Can't go wrong with Steam and PC if you're not going to be able to play games at all once school starts.

The real question is whether or not the PS4 has anything worth playing for you.

I guess not yet, at least nothing must have so I'll wait.

It all depends on how much you want to play Destiny.

not too much I guess,

Edit: For the record I usually only buy games on sale, it's rare that I buy a game new and I bought a lot of my games when I actually had time to play them but since they I've bought maybe 2 or 3 games in 3 years. I've missed out on a ton of newer games.

Konka

Banned
Claiming you know know how to spend other peoples money better than they do is arrogance. Solution for both? Mind your own business. People are gonna do whatever the hell it is they want do regardless or our input.

Konka will give you financial advice on how not to end up a poor. Don't worry about it.;)

You must hate financial planners then. Arrogant bastards.

Pro

Sure, but people spend their money irresponsibly all the time and then whine about it when they're broke. Claiming the way that you spend money doesn't affect others is naive.

Sure people can spend how they want, BUT, it can affect the world you live in when it's on such a scale that the housing market plummets, people go on welfare, you have to pay taxes for Government programs to fund the irresponsible, you have to pay into social security because people didn't save their money, people buy games and entertainment before health care etc... Programs are there to legitimately help, but people abuse them all the time.

If your games/entertainment are coming from disposable income fine, but I get the feeling a lot of people are blowing cash that could be used more responsibly for the reasons mentioned above. Which in turn could help me the taxpayer save more.

It's weird when lurkers chime in on random topics

why don't you guys just post normally

Sorry. How bout that ESPN coverage of Manziel? Gonna be Tebow 2.0 pretty soon.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't know if a thread about the NFL where some of us spend gobs of money to watch grown men play a game is exactly the place to launch a social revolution about how people should spend and prioritize their money. Much less on an entire forum dedicated to video games.

How much are you guys paying for health insurance?

I pay $13.76 a month. That includes vision, dental, and life.

My wife pays something like that, maybe $50, but her life policy is garbage, only $30k. I have a $300k life policy and disability, that shit is spensive. My work covers all my health though.

Konka

Banned
I guess. The $15k I put into savings per year makes them happy though.

The last three years have wrecked us though. Bought a house, a car, and new furniture.

My issues don't lie with those who can afford it, moreso the people who would shrug off having health insurance to buy a PS4 and going to ER uninsured and placing their burden on society so they could play some games.

Or the topic where the guy got arrested for no car insurance like a week after posting a topic about buying a new graphics card for hundreds of dollars.

Top Bottom