• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

gutshot

CSN Philly: Pats agree, Zach Ertz 'can get open against anybody'

If anyone is qualified to make an expert judgment on tight ends, it’s Patriots linebackers and defensive backs, and both agree Eagles tight end Zach Ertz is primed for a breakout season.

The Patriots, who have their hands full in practice against Rob Gronkowski (when he’s healthy), just wrapped up two joint sessions and a walkthrough against the Eagles.

Ertz did some of his best work the past three days, especially Thursday, and the Patriots took notice.

“He’s a good player. He’s a great player,” defensive end/outside linebacker Chandler Jones, a 2012 first-round pick, said. “He’s very athletic. He’s faster than I thought. I feel like he’s more of a skill player than anything. He runs his routes very well. I’ve had the opportunity to cover him for these two days of practice, and he’s been a handful.”

Ertz even shined in a rare joint walkthrough that featured a round of red-zone 7-on-7s in pads. With the second-string offense, Mark Sanchez connected with Ertz on three straight touchdowns, each tightly covered and with Ertz using his size or an elusive move to create separation.

“He’s a good tight end, an athletic guy, stretches the field,” Pro Bowl safety Devin McCourty said. “Really, I think, understands how to get open against good defenses. That’s always good work when you can go against good tight ends. They have a bunch of them. At the safety position we got some pretty good work going against them the past two days.”

Baby Gronk gonna breakout this season.

cdyhybrid

More Eagles:

BZHBsht.png

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

They're coming home Kave.

They're finally coming home.

Kave can't wait to season tickets open up.

Toronto sounds like a better roadtrip than Buffalo.

Why hint? Just do it. It's fine if it's just a few hundred million and you've got David Stern to cripple a city's interest in a pro sport and salt the earth. But when you start talking 1 billion+, may as well just cut the cord straight away.

Toronto Bills (w Kave mascot)
San Antonio Raiders
London Jaguars (for two seasons, and then after being financially crippled by disinterest, LA Cats)

Congrats Kave!

That must suck. Kave gets to move from the Browns to the Bills just as Cleveland was starting to get some hope.

Hmm...

jason-sudeikis-middle-finger-flipping-the-bird-gif.gif

tumblr_minzmwdymM1qfjo8oo1_500.gif

Middle-Finger.gif

And in closing:

L8Gl851.gif

Miguel

I think you guys have spelled McClain every single way except the correct way.

But he's a dolt, he doesn't know anything anymore, but he says so much that eventually he's right and goes back and references that.

Arian is the sucka. His online persona before was great, it was nothing like the typical athlete would give you. I think I only follow one other athlete besides him, and it was recently DaMarcus Beasley because he was tweeting in spanish about finding a mexican restaurant or tacos in Houston.

Now, Arian is just another guy, seems the only time he says anything now is if he's trying to debunk the media (I don't care one way or the other) or just fighting with the Mech's of the world trolling all day.

Meh. #suckafree

After much consternation and deliberation, I've decided to officially endorse Brother Dutch's Shirtless League as the Premier Fantasy League of NFL-GAF.

Stragglers, I'm sorry.

Farooq

Banned
That Grantland article on Chip was great, but Florida State was using Catapult's player tracking technology well before Chip. Florida State was Catapult's first American client.

Source: FSU rides GPS technology to title .

Four years ago, Erik Korem and Joe Danos, who were FSU assistants at the time, brought the idea to Fisher after seeing the devices used by an Australian rules football team. The Australian company that makes them, Catapult Sports, had never had an American football client, but Fisher was quickly sold on the possibilities of designing highly specialized training programs for his athletes that promised increased production and fewer injuries.

Tamanon

Banned
Go Jaguars! Going to catch the game at our local Hot Dog bar. Love that place. College towns are great for cheap food and cheap beer.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Scott Brown ‏@ScottBrown_ESPN 9m

Steelers WRs killing it this drill as Antonio Brown hauls in a deep pass.

Chris Bradford ‏@BCTBradford 9m

Bills DB's getting consistently burnt

Scott Brown ‏@ScottBrown_ESPN 11m

Also nice catches on deep balls in drill by Martavis Bryant and Derek Moye.

Championship!

Top Bottom