• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

PSap7gq.gif

JABEE

They also went 10-6 after going 4-12 the previous year. That's a hell of an impressive turn around too.

They also went like 7-1 to end the season. The Eagles also lost two games where they had to change QBs very early in the game due to concussions/other injuries against the weaker Giants and the Cowboys. The Eagles were a 10-6 team that showed great potential.

Foles took the lead for the Eagles at the end of the game against the Saints. One bad kick was the difference, even if you say Foles taking that sack was a mortal sin.

The Eagles were good enough to beat the Saints last season. They weren't just good against losing teams. Teams that were on the verge of winning their divisions lost to the Eagles. They were losing teams because the Eagles beat them in those games. It could have went either way.

We'll see how the Eagles do against "winning" teams. They were in it with the Saints. They were in it still with the Broncos until everything broke down in the second half.

Do you atleast think the Eagles will make the playoffs, YH?

MechDX

So John McClain went on local sports radio and admitted freely he is the one who turned in Foster to the league for "not talking" to the media.

What a fat piece of shit.

They also went like 7-1 to end the season. The Eagles also lost two games where they had to change QBs very early in the game due to concussions/other injuries against the weaker Giants and the Cowboys. The Eagles were a 10-6 team that showed great potential.

Foles took the lead for the Eagles at the end of the game against the Saints. One bad kick was the difference, even if you say Foles taking that sack was a mortal sin.

The Eagles were good enough to beat the Saints last season. They weren't just good against losing teams. Teams that were on the verge of winning their divisions lost to the Eagles. They were losing teams because the Eagles beat them in those games. It could have went either way.

We'll see how the Eagles do against "winning" teams. They were in it with the Saints. They were in it still with the Broncos until everything broke down in the second half.

Do you atleast think the Eagles will make the playoffs, YH?
I have no idea. Giants and redskins are improved plus luck runs out and the schedule is much harder. They are also banking the whole season on Maclin staying healthy. They lost to the Saints because Foles was terrible in the 1st half and the run d sucks. Saints are a much better team this year. Bryd is a million times better then Jenkins.

Eagles got blown out by Denver they were never in that game.

JABEE

I have no idea. Giants and redskins are improved plus luck runs out and the schedule is much harder. They are also banking the whole season on Maclin staying healthy. They lost to the Saints because Foles was terrible in the 1st half and the run d sucks. Saints are a much better team this year. Bryd is a million times better then Jenkins.

Eagles got blown out by Denver they were never in that game.

They were within one score going into halftime against Denver. The wheels didn't fall off until the 3rd quarter.

I agree that the Eagles made a mistake not picking up Byrd, but I'm not ready to say that Foles is shit because he had a bad 1st half against a good Saints defense. Foles rallied to bring his team back into the game. The Eagles should have been able to hold that lead at the end. I think they would have if it wasn't for another poor kick by Henery.

I think you over-estimate how improved a team like the Redskins will be. The Giants have a chance if they can get their O-line together, but I don't think the Redskins will win as many as the Eagles next season.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So John McClain went on local sports radio and admitted freely he is the one who turned in Foster to the league for "not talking" to the media.

What a fat piece of shit.

first of all, John McClaine is one of the best and most well respected beat writers around.

Secondly, he didnt report him for his non interviews, he reported him for refusing to interview, which is league mandated, which Foster has already been fined for. He cannot report him and the league cannot fine him for the type of interview he gave today and the previous one.

MechDX

Sometimes I think Texans-GAF hate Mech.

Shouldn't have squicken'd to the Patriots all summer I guess.

#Staysuckafree

Difference of opinion is all it is. I think McClain has past his prime and throws out random opinions acting like they are fact. he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of anything in this town anymore.

I can see how some are growing tired of Arians shtick but I think its funny how he has the media all riled up right now. To the extent they are flat out spreading lies about him. They have always been considered soft but Kubiak gave them what they wanted freely. O Brien is the complete opposite and they hate that they will actually have to work and grow a tougher skin.

Bread

Banned
Mech was fine until he abused his curse powers and tried to take out Seattle in the nfc title game. If he had just taken it one step at a time we could have had Brady beat Peyton and then the Seahawks! Ya blew it.

MechDX

Mech was fine until he abused his curse powers and tried to take out Seattle in the nfc title game. If he had just taken it one step at a time we could have had Brady beat Peyton and then the Seahawks! Ya blew it.

I feel like you are becoming abusive towards me. :(

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 26s
Curtis Painter will be the 2nd QB in on Saturday night, Tom Coughlin said. Starters will play into the 2nd quarter.

For the Colts game this Saturday.

Also:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 49s
Odell Beckham will not play Saturday, in Indy. "Not enough work (yet)," Coughlin said. They expect he'll play next week vs. Jets.

MechDX

Not Romeo Crennel ‏@PlumpThug · 15m
I don't understand?!? Did Chick-Fil-A sprinkle crack dust all over my spicy chicken sandwich?! LAWD! I'm going back for 2nd. #texans #nfl

Some of these parody accounts. Damn. jnc

Lions have the best anything is based on what?

Other than a few big names I don't see the production to back this up. That's a fucked up franchise that is designed to disappoint. Basically Browns NFC (though Browns fans are much better).

Who will have the best defense in the NFC North this season?

MechDX

Meh, at least half a dozen of my followers I have no idea who they are. Rest are from here.
I use twitter as a tool to get current news on the Texans basically. Why is how many followers such a big deal?

Most of those tweets are me and Jac discussing movies, the validity of HD DVD as a format and telling Rapaport he is a tool

Top Bottom