• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Pls.. Africa has plenty of that.

Denver-Broncos-Super-Bowl-XLVIII-Champs-T-Shirt.jpg

I still need to find a Seahawk SB 40 champion shirt!

trfPmMn.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Happy birthday kayotix!

Play of the game tonight...

refpass.0.gif

If the NFL follows College Football referring of defensive players the game, sport and NFL as we know is dead.

Why the fuck is a line Ref throwing a secondary flag with the sling of a Matthew Stafford throw? What a joke. Football is a violent and dangerous game, accept it.

Like boxing/UFC if you are scared of injury play another sport, please.

Konka

Banned
Is it just in that location or could you dig a random hole and something similar will happen?

You'd have to dig a hole that hit an old coal mine tunnel to get the full effect which is what that probably was, but the ground around the general are was hot, standing pools of sulfur water and charred wood from being too close to vents.

squicken

Centralia, the town in PA with the coal fire burning underneath it.

http://i.imgur.com/9edgTsB.jpg[/IG]

There was light smoke and extremely potent sutler coming from this hole. The air coming out was too hot to hold your hand over for long.[/QUOTE]

And anyone can just go there? Like can you walk through the abandoned town?

Konka

Banned

Yeah, we saw a bunch of other people walking around. There were 3 houses left from what we saw the others were leveled back in the 90s but the grid streets, sidewalks, fire hydrants are all still there. You could still make out plants that were planted as landscaping 40 years ago.

Obviously not my pic but this is the road you come in on.

centralia_street.jpg

Yeah, we saw a bunch of other people walking around. There were 3 houses left from what we saw the others were leveled back in the 90s but the grid streets, sidewalks, fire hydrants are all still there. You could still make out plants that were planted as landscaping 40 years ago.

Obviously not my pic but this is the road you come in on.

centralia_street.jpg

I haven't been up that way in years. My dad took us through when I was really little, but we were basically not allowed to leave the road. I should go back, and swing by Yuengling and Cabela's on the way. Do you live near there?

Didn't we actually have a chick post in here a week or so ago? Or am I remembering things wrong.

Either way, we need to make sure Gata is locked up next time that happens.

I think that one lions fan is a chick who doesn't post here much because we are insular and facetiously wish harm on players. I got banned for being mean to her once after she came in here and shit all over our community

This is the narrative I'm choosing to remember

bionic77

A few people used to still live there (everyone else was bought out by the state and left that hellhole). Not sure if anyone is left.

I think centralia is not far from knoebels. Cheapest amusement park of all time. Free admission and back in the day you just parked in some field.

Did you watch the dolphins vs atl? Thoughts?
Ah, sorry man, missed this last night. I watched most of the game, I'd say my takeaway was fairly similar to most Dolphins fans. Tannehill looked great and I really like the look of the new offense. The defense looked okay but the tackling was awful. LB's will likely be a weakness as expected.

Hopefully in game 2 we'll get to see Wallace and Hartline make a few catches. I'm really excited to see more of this offense.

squicken

You know who has almost zero camp buzz? Tavon Austin. Like Stedman Bailey is out for 4 games to start the year, and only when he is back will the Rams have their best duo on the field. Kenny Britt being the other, which is nuts given how much they have spent at the position in the draft

And it's not like WRs leave STL and take off elsewhere. The team just can't identify and develop skill players

Tom Penny

You know who has almost zero camp buzz? Tavon Austin. Like Stedman Bailey is out for 4 games to start the year, and only when he is back will the Rams have their best duo on the field. Kenny Britt being the other, which is nuts given how much they have spent at the position in the draft

And it's not like WRs leave STL and take off elsewhere. The team just can't identify and develop skill players

Teams with Sam Bradford as the starting QB don't get offensive buzz..

Ah, sorry man, missed this last night. I watched most of the game, I'd say my takeaway was fairly similar to most Dolphins fans. Tannehill looked great and I really like the look of the neoffense. The defense looked okay but the tackling was awful. LB's will likely be a weakness as expected.

Hopefully in game 2 we'll get to see Wallace and Hartline make a few catches. I'm really excited to see more of this offense.

Its cool, I liked the play calling from lazor and tannehill was working with his 2nd and 3rd string WRs, im a little worried about our secondary, jones missing time is going to hurt

squicken

So much tomfoolery about JFF not starting the game smh, Tebow Christ.
This coming from the guy with the JFF avatar

I do agree with the notion that they want Hoyer to win the job. What I thought was dumb was Mort reporting on a missed meeting by several rookies but naming only Manziel

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hey Mech remember when I said Nick Fairley would have a better year than JJ Watt because he was in a contract year, in great shape, talented etc.

Weight continues to be a problem for Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley.

Early this offseason the Lions declined the 2015 option on Fairley’s contract in part because they hoped that playing for a new deal next year would motivate him to lose weight. At first, that worked well — actually, too well, as Fairley lost around 30 pounds and got down to 295, which the team said was too skinny. Fairley then gained back about 10 pounds, and apparently all was well.

But now MLive.com reports that Fairley has continued to pack on the pounds, and has been demoted to the second-team defense in practice this week.

Given how many calories are burned during August practices, and given that players are confined in close quarters where healthy food is provided by the team, it seems almost inconceivable that a player could gain excessive body fat during training camp. It’s hard to understand how Fairley could balloon up at this time of year.

Whatever is going on with Fairley, he’s now running with the second team. Not where he wants to be heading into a contract year.

-PFT

gob_huge_mistake_arrested_development.gif

bilde

Came into camp at a nice lean 290 (a bit light) and its pretty amazing he's been able to gain weight like that under a workout regiment and a strict diet like the article points out. He's gotta be hitting at least 320 lbs in that pic.

MechDX

Hey Mech remember when I said Nick Fairley would have a better year than JJ Watt because he was in a contract year, in great shape, talented etc.

-PFT

gob_huge_mistake_arrested_development.gif

bilde

Came into camp at a nice lean 290 (a bit light) and its pretty amazing he's been able to gain weight like that under a workout regiment and a strict diet like the article points out. He's gotta be hitting at least 320 lbs in that pic.

Taco Bell meme time? Taco Bell meme time.

Kas you even defended Fairley when I brought up the browns game. Pretty much defended lazyness saying he didn't need to try because he was proven. Smh my friend smh

MechDX

Steve Wyche ‏@wyche89 · 41m
Good point RT @RossTuckerNFL: If Bortles is legit it'll haunt Bill O'Brien & Texans fans for a while. Same division too. Brutal.

And here we go.........fucking Clowney busting already.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas you even defended Fairley when I brought up the browns game. Pretty much defended lazyness saying he didn't need to try because he was proven. Smh my friend smh

I honestly thought it was Fairley breezing through a Game 1 preseason game and a rookie playing hard. Maybe that Browns rookie guard is actually good? Or maybe Fairley is a fat fuck now who gives no shits and got pushed around like a punter?

Either way I'm glad Coach Caldwell and the coaching staff are taking disciplinary measures. Fairley has all the talent in the world but if does not want to take advantage of it, next man up.

At least we have Jason Jones (former Seahawks d-lineman) healthy this year after he got hurt all year last year in the first game. Oh yeah, and we have Ndamakung Suh who shows up no matter when, where and what time. So that helps.

Top Bottom