• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

MechDX

I honestly thought it was Fairley breezing through a Game 1 preseason game and a rookie playing hard. Maybe that Browns rookie guard is actually good? Or maybe Fairley is a fat fuck now who gives no shits and got pushed around like a punter?

Either way I'm glad Coach Caldwell and the coaching staff are taking disciplinary measures. Fairley has all the talent in the world but if does not want to take advantage of it, next man up.

At least we have Jason Jones (former Seahawks d-lineman) healthy this year after he got hurt all year last year in the first game. Oh yeah, and we have Ndamakung Suh who shows up no matter when, where and what time. So that helps.

shut-you-down-o.gif

SHUT YOU DOWN KAS! SHUT YOU DOWN!

LJ11

Fairley's wasted talent, he can flat out dominate. Some guys just lose the drive, or never really had it to begin with.

MechDX

Fairley's wasted talent, he can flat out dominate. Some guys just lose the drive, or never really had it to begin with.

But to lose that "drive" on your contract year is odd. At least go Haynesworth (fuck you tubbo!) for your one big deal

BigAT

But to lose that "drive" on your contract year is odd. At least go Haynesworth (fuck you tubbo!) for your one big deal

Some guys are just head cases. Watching Hakeem Nicks completely mail it in last season during his contract year was perplexing.

And here we go.........fucking Clowney busting already.
I don't think it's about Clowney being a bust. He could be one of the best defense players. I think it's more a about a team that needed a Qb passing on a potential franchise Qb. And not really getting a Qb in the draft. ....I mean if Bortles pans out, don't think anyone's saying Clowney is a bust

MechDX

I don't think it's about Clowney being a bust. He could be one of the best defense players. I think it's more a about a team that needed a Qb passing on a potential franchise Qb. And not really getting a Qb in the draft. ....I mean if Bortles pans out, don't think anyone's saying Clowney is a bust

Bortles looked good in preseason game 2
Vs. the Bears 2nd string defense....

Every talking head were screaming "You take the BPA and that is Clowney". Hindsight is great and all but go back to 2011: do all the teams picking 1-10 pass on Watt? Never mind all the QB reaches that year before Watt..cough...Gabbert the cant miss prospect

Happy Birthday to me, wife pre-ordered new WoW Expansion and the White Xbox One bundle as my birthday gifts :)

Damn im a lucky man!
Congrats man that is awesome.

Every talking head were screaming "You take the BPA and that is Clowney". Hindsight is great and all but go back to 2011: do all the teams picking 1-10 pass on Watt? Never mind all the QB reaches that year before Watt..cough...Gabbert the cant miss prospect

If you don't have a QB you have to get a QB. It takes 3 years for a lot of young QBS to develop, since Bob couldn't get one this year that means if they are lucky enough to get one next year it wont be until Bob's 4th year that they have the big time QB to win with. That is a lot of patience to expect from the fans and owner.

Konka

Banned

I assume most people thought they would trade up like Cleveland did to get a QB and not settle with Tom Savage.

MechDX

Congrats man that is awesome.

If you don't have a QB you have to get a QB. It takes 3 years for a lot of young QBS to develop, since Bob couldn't get one this year that means if they are lucky enough to get one next year it wont be until Bob's 4th year that they have the big time QB to win with. That is a lot of patience to expect from the fans and owner.

That has nothing to do with the twitter comment. Fitzpatrick always was and is a stop gap. If O brien saw something in Savage that he feels he can mold into something I will give him the benefit of the doubt over some internet message board GM and have some patience. Especially more than one off season and one preseason game. He knows the consequences is Savage misses but if he hits....

As for the owner not having patience: you do know Kubiak was here for 9 years with a sub .500 record? The last thing McNair is lacking in is patience.

Tom Penny

It's crazy to me how good Keenan Allen was last year and he ran a 4.7 40. More confirmation that there are tons of WR's with superior talent that basically don't know how to run routes and get open.

rando14

Schefter: Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe is being suspended one game for substance abuse and will miss the opener vs. Tennessee, per a team source.

jbug617

Banned
Bowe suspended for the season opener against the Titans.

@AdamSchefter: Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe is being suspended one game for substance abuse and will miss the opener vs. Tennessee, per a team source.

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 1m
If Blaine Gabbert continues to struggle in the preseason, I wouldn't rule out the 49ers asking what the price is for Christian Ponder.

I know what you're saying but Watt was never considered a can't miss generational guy during that draft like Clowney was this one, despite Watt turning out that way.

MechDX

I know what you're saying but Watt was never considered a can't miss generational guy during that draft like Clowney was this one, despite Watt turning out that way.

Isn't "regretting not drafting him" as that tweet stated the same thing? Basically it took a couple years to see what Watt has become but after two preseason games Bortles is on the same level?

I was jealous as shit watching Bortles last night but then I remembered we wouldn't have gotten Clowney.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Flag for you
And a flag for you
And a flag for you

Flags for everyone!
they better chill out with this shit.

Someone did a writeup and was saying in just the first set of preseason games, there were more illegal contact and defensive holding than all of the entire last season.

bionic77

I had a long discussion today with a smoking hot attorney who was in her late 40s.

I don't understand how someone can be that hot and that old.

Miguel

I don't know what this implies =( I just know Miguel seems to be a long time fan of the Dallas Texans!

edit: Molly Qerim back on NFL AM it seems. Woo.

I wanted an avatar that incorporated Texans and Jamaal Charles somehow. Perfect fit, minus the Dallas part.

Top Bottom