• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Zach Berman ‏@ZBerm 51m

Cary on Eagles D: “If I said it wasn’t a concern, I’d be lying. …But you also have to take into consideration we’re not showing everything.”

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Does anyone have a gif or video of something that happened last year:

I can't remember what team it was but a dude made a pretty good defensive play but very obviously got concussed and his idiot teammate runs up to him while he's down on the ground and just starts smacking his helmet in celebration.

I have faith in the Broncos that they will take care of business in general. I will say that beating Seattle in Seattle is going to be tough. Does it really matter though, in the grand scheme of things? We lose in Seattle, well that sucks, conference/division games carry more weight in the regular season, so that is more important. Do some Bronco fans want revenge? I'm sure they do. Personally, the only way to get revenge is not to beat Seattle, but to win the Superbowl (doesn't matter who they play).

If we win great. The win is significant for record purposes, but outside of that it doesn't mean much. Seattle just like any team has their ups and downs. They lost games or had close games with teams last year that had no business hanging around with them. Same with Denver.

The best I can hope for is that it's a good clean game. If we lose, and it's not a blowout I can live with that.
Watch this, Godslay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehKGyrhltng&list=UUIIKPy27YWW5yhc0qvr4KnA

They acknowledge it was just one drive, in preseason no less, but still. I just think the Broncos will win @ Seattle.

I can't remember what team it was but a dude made a pretty good defensive play but very obviously got concussed and his idiot teammate runs up to him while he's down on the ground and just starts smacking his helmet in celebration.
I remember that :lol
Forget which team tho sorry

Godslay

Banned
Watch this, Godslay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehKGyrhltng&list=UUIIKPy27YWW5yhc0qvr4KnA

They acknowledge it was just one drive, in preseason no less, but still. I just think the Broncos will win @ Seattle.

I remember that :lol
Forget which team tho sorry

Seattle sat quite a few starters on the defensive end if memory serves me. Was a good drive, but it doesn't mean much. Not going to beat teams like Seattle with any regularity without a solid run game. Nobody has taken that crown, so we'll still be 1 dimensional, until Ball, Anderson, Hillman or Thompson steps up.

Eleuin

LandryKneeHeadTeammateSmacksHelmet.gif

Totally forgot he was a joke character. My bad.

It's insulting when people say this kind of thing. I've got 16k posts, 4 years, and when you get called a troll or a joke it's belittling and honestly not cool.

I've said how much I like First Take a bunch of times before, mainly in NBA-related threads so you probably didn't see them. I had Skip as my avatar for a few days.

It's one of the best rated shows on ESPN, what exactly is the problem? Yes, I'm aware they get overly dramatic to get attention but there's plenty of good discussion too. Skip & SAS have great chemistry.

Browns-GAF!

Taylor Gabriel, Willie Snead, Charles Johnson.

Make your pick!
Snead disappointed in the lions game. Gabriel had a good showing and expect him to get more chances Monday. And Johnson what else is there to say? He's a legend. Did some good things, think he might get better with some time and reps.

I guess if I had to bet on one right now I'd take Gabriel. But I think both Johnson and Gabriel make the team

effzee

I tried to watch the Eagles game from last night this morning.

I know it's preseason but good lord our D sucks.

Reassuring to know we play Jags week 1.

Of course it would have been nice if we were more active in FA for better defensive players and or didn't have to use a 2nd round pick on a WR.

Man the Chargers D looked like complete crap yesterday. I know it's preseason but man.

IIRC they were pretty bad last year and seems like they didn't do much to upgrade, other than adding a midget corner in the 1st round of the draft, and an (maybe?) over the hill Flowers from KC.

I thought they might have had a chance of challenging us for the division but now I'm not sure.

LOL Meaningful drive in the preseason? No such thing. That shit has no bearing on what would happen in a rematch. It's meaningless. The Seahawks are actually going to play defense when they match up again.

Well, they punked us in the preseason last year, and alot of Seattle players said it meant something when they were preparing to face us in the Superbowl.

Obviously it doesn't mean that much, but it had to have helped our confidence some after what happened in February.

ShaneB

It is incredibly strange to see the ATL guys doing video hits for NFL Now. I've gotten so use to them being disembodied voices!

Konka

Banned
Nothing that happens in the preseason is meaningful. This happens every year with people getting excited or bummed about how their team looks in the preseason because they've been starved of football for so long...

When the Broncos beat the Seahawks in preseason, NFL.com said they got revenge for their Super Bowl loss. That's right, a meaningless preseason win has the same weight as the Super Bowl.

Godslay

Banned
When the Broncos beat the Seahawks in preseason, NFL.com said they got revenge for their Super Bowl loss. That's right, a meaningless preseason win has the same weight as the Super Bowl.

Yeah, it's stupid. Really there is no course of revenge aside from beating Seattle in the Superbowl or winning a Superbowl to mask the loss. That's it imo.

TheFatOne

Well, they punked us in the preseason last year, and alot of Seattle players said it meant something when they were preparing to face us in the Superbowl.

Obviously it doesn't mean that much, but it had to have helped our confidence some after what happened in February.

If you get punked in the preseason that's a sign of a mentally weak team. At that point you have more issues. If you have to come out against Seattle strong in the preseason the year after that means that Seattle is still inside your head. Again, not a very good sign.

Been working so been catching preseason games here and there. Rarely post due to work and stuff. Godslay. The Broncos seem better than they did last year. I like the progress of the rookies especially Roby, Latimer, etc. Trevathan played great last season I think he led the team with tackles. I have no idea if Brandon Marshall can be effective with Trevathan out for 6 weeks or so. Not sure. What is this hype involving Juwan Thompson? And why are the Broncos starting up the Ronnie Hillman project again. I read some stuff he was impressive in OTAs, read shit like this for the past 2 years. I read Von Miller has been dominating in practices.

On another side notes, Jay Cutler poised for a big offensive outing this year. Tom Brady is still Tom Brady. NFC conference just too good. Like the Jets team this year but secondary the biggest concern. Colts can be a scary team as well. Luck has some weapons now.

It's apples and oranges because Seattle has been banged up this preseason. Pete said they've been focusing on battles further down the depth chart because they have had no other choice.

That amazing drive was the Bronco 1s except for their RB against the Seahawk 1s except for their SS, MLB, starting OLB, third down OLB/DE, and 2 D-linemen who will at least rotate in, one of which may be starting this year. In the preseason. That's why you have a feeling Seattle will lose?

I should state that there is a very real possibility Denver beats Seattle in Seattle this year. Seattle isn't unbeatable. Tampa gave them fits for half a game, and Seattle lost to Arizona last year, looking like shit while doing so. Denver could definitely win that game. But let's not pretend you know this based on insight gained from one drive against a banged up defense in the first game of the preseason.

If you get punked in the preseason that's a sign of a mentally weak team. At that point you have more issues. If you have to come out against Seattle strong in the preseason the year after that means that Seattle is still inside your head. Again, not a very good sign.

Well after that happened last year in the preaseason, Elway tore into the entire team. There were reports of him being completely livid and him calling the team soft.

Well from then on we road that completely to the Superbowl (beating your shitty team as well) where we, you know got trounced.

We had one of the worst beatdowns in Superbowl history, especially for a team that was favored. Of course that's going to stick in the back of their minds. That's not something that's easy to get over.

Gobias

Banned
Cheesy Potato Grillers at Taco Bell are so good. Can't even blame Stafford or Freeman.

I'd say so. Losing that Great Lake Classic last week still haunts me.

Top Bottom