• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Yeah man, enjoying a show watched by millions every day is a travesty. Skip and Stephen A are terrible and not entertaining at all. I'm a monster.

Stephen A has good takes more often than not and I like listening to him, especially with matters pertaining to race.

Skip is just a troll. I'm not sure if there's any other way to put. Blowhard, shock-jock, fan-boy, homer, contrarian, etc. Listening to him is infuriating sometimes, and I've been watching since the show was called Cold Pizza.

His good points come few and far between the mass amounts of crap he spews daily.

eznark

Banned
Stephen A has good takes more often than not and I like listening to him, especially with matters pertaining to race.

Skip is just a troll. I'm not sure if there's any other way to put. Blowhard, shock-jock, fan-boy, homer, contrarian, etc. Listening to him is infuriating sometimes, and I've been watching since the show was called Cold Pizza.

His good points come few and far between the mass amounts of crap he spews daily.

Nothing beats Stephens "bitch deserved it" hot takes.

TheFatOne

Well after that happened last year in the preaseason, Elway tore into the entire team. There were reports of him being completely livid and him calling the team soft.

Well from then on we road that completely to the Superbowl (beating your shitty team as well) where we, you know got trounced.

We had one of the worst beatdowns in Superbowl history, especially for a team that was favored. Of course that's going to stick in the back of their minds. That's not something that's easy to get over.
Again if your team is already getting punked in preseason that's a far bigger issue. Seattle was already in the Broncos head before they beat them down in the super bowl, and now if they meet up again it's going to be worse. Having a mentally weak team is not something that can be solved overnight. Congrats on beating down the Pats, but it means absolutely nothing if you don't win the super bowl. There is no award for finishing in second place.

Godslay

Banned
Been working so been catching preseason games here and there. Rarely post due to work and stuff. Godslay. The Broncos seem better than they did last year. I like the progress of the rookies especially Roby, Latimer, etc. Trevathan played great last season I think he led the team with tackles. I have no idea if Brandon Marshall can be effective with Trevathan out for 6 weeks or so. Not sure. What is this hype involving Juwan Thompson? And why are the Broncos starting up the Ronnie Hillman project again. I read some stuff he was impressive in OTAs, read shit like this for the past 2 years. I read Von Miller has been dominating in practices.

On another side notes, Jay Cutler poised for a big offensive outing this year. Tom Brady is still Tom Brady. NFC conference just too good. Like the Jets team this year but secondary the biggest concern. Colts can be a scary team as well. Luck has some weapons now.

We are definitely better defensively than last year..., that DL is very deep. If everyone is healthy we will see a vast improvement. At least it looks that way on paper. Trevathan is a blow, he carries the green dot, meaning he's making the calls on the defensive end. That will now go to Marshall apparently. The silver lining is while Trevathan gets healthy, our depth gets game experience. Downside is the LBs get weaker with the loss of a playmaker. Early bye helps get him back in time to make an impact on the season though.

Offensively, better on the line, about the same in terms of WR/TEs, with the big question mark being the RBs. Can Ball surpass what Moreno did last year? I hope so. After that it's up for grabs. Not a fan of Hillman, but he didn't look bad last game. I still have a lot of faith in CJ. Thompson looked excellent, decisive and powerful, and good vision. The only problem I have with him is that going back and rewatching some of those runs... the holes where huge. Not hard to run like that when your line is plowing the field like that.

Realistically, it will probably be Ball, CJ/Hillman, Thompson. I'd be fine with that. Maybe even moving Thompson up if CJ/Hillman slip. I just think Ball is the guy, probably the one Manning is most comfortable with at the top, and probably the best all around back out of the bunch. RBs are going to be the biggest question mark, and the last piece of making a complete, balanced offense. We can't really use Peyton like we did last year. Has to be more balanced.

MechDX

I just hope Fitzgerald and the Texans offense actually moves the ball tonight. If not I'm going to be very angry

If Fitz fails BOB just needs to unleash the Savage!

I just hope Fitzgerald and the Texans offense actually moves the ball tonight. If not I'm going to be very angry

If Fitz fails BOB just needs to unleash the Savage!

image.php

Greg

that's easily the worst part of the show - he tries to pull race into every topic and gets all preachy

I enjoy watching PTI while eating dinner

Been working so been catching preseason games here and there. Rarely post due to work and stuff. Godslay. The Broncos seem better than they did last year. I like the progress of the rookies especially Roby, Latimer, etc. Trevathan played great last season I think he led the team with tackles. I have no idea if Brandon Marshall can be effective with Trevathan out for 6 weeks or so. Not sure. What is this hype involving Juwan Thompson? And why are the Broncos starting up the Ronnie Hillman project again. I read some stuff he was impressive in OTAs, read shit like this for the past 2 years. I read Von Miller has been dominating in practices.

Juwan Thompson looked pretty good during the last preason game, but I thought Kapri Bibbs look better. Much faster IMO

Yeah Miller is looking pretty much like his old self according to reports, they're just being careful with him after the injury. (which is understandable)

I read Ware has been dominating as well. If both are healthy, our pass rush will be epic this year.

My favorite part about Stephen A is that build up before he's yelling. It's like hearing a boiling tea kettle build up to that high-pitch whistle.

I read an article on Skip, it made me like him a bit more than I did before, that is until I saw him on TV again.

Richard Sherman is way better at life than that guy.

brentech

that's easily the worst part of the show - he tries to pull race into every topic and gets
Yea. I don't doubt that people of another race feel like people are treating them different, because there are plenty of people that still do.

That said, a strong majority of people treat everyone the same and anytime that treatment is of the negative sorts, it immediately has to be because of race.
And that's bullshit. Save that for when shit rally happens. Not some self perceived slight.

Syrinx

Amazon had Super Mario 3D World for a good price so I ordered it even though I don't have a Wii U yet. May do the same for Mario Kart 8, NSMBU, and The Wonderful 101 (though this is cheap everywhere since it bombed so hard).

Godslay

Banned
Juwan Thompson looked pretty good during the last preason game, but I thought Kapri Bibbs look better. Much faster IMO

Yeah Miller is looking pretty much like his old self according to reports, they're just being careful with him after the injury. (which is understandable)

I read Ware has been dominating as well. If both are healthy, our pass rush will be epic this year.

I thought Bibbs looked okay. I think Thompson gets on the team over Bibbs, because he's a bigger back with roughly equivalent speed, and he's apparently a very good special teams player.

Miller will likely be back 3rd preseason game from all indications.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I didn't think people took First Take seriously. It's basically visual Colin Cowherd. They say stuff to get people riled up because it's about ratings more than anything. I'd rather listen to Mike and Mike or PTI even though they also say bonehead things pretty often as well.

Sanjuro

Amazon had Super Mario 3D World for a good price so I ordered it even though I don't have a Wii U yet. May do the same for Mario Kart 8, NSMBU, and The Wonderful 101 (though this is cheap everywhere since it bombed so hard).

You should be able to find Wonderful 101 at Toys R Us for under or around $5 if they still have it.

If you're looking to save a few bucks on Mario Kart let me know. It's the only thing I have left after selling the Wii U.

Trust me, I was like all of you and hated Skip at the start. You don't think I realize how he comes off? Of course I do. But after a while you notice that hey he's actually a nice guy, a genuinely nice dude, and in between the over-the-top statements he makes plenty of good points too.

He's not at all like some biased, ignorant Fox News blowhard. The people who think that just haven't watched much First Take. A lot of the criticism from First Take is from people who take 'controversial' comments made by them that make headlines and use that as their judgment for the show. That's 100% true. But the people who watch the show regularly know what's up.

Btw, about that Richard Sherman/Skip video... notice how Skip never gets personal back with the people that go at him. He just takes it in stride and I love that. He's a good guy.

brentech

I didn't think people took First Take seriously. It's basically visual Colin Cowherd. They say stuff to get people riled up because it's about ratings more than anything. I'd rather listen to Mike and Mike or PTI even though they also say bonehead things pretty often as well.
M&M like 1000x better. And that's hard to say.

Sanjuro

I sometimes post some of the random nonsense I hear coming out of Skip and Stephen, but I do understand the audience they are trying to attract and the network they are on.

I sometimes post some of the random nonsense I hear coming out of Skip and Stephen, but I do understand the audience they are trying to attract and the network they are on.

Agreed. They know exactly what they're doing and milk it for all it's worth.

I'm not saying they don't make points once in a while...that show is kinda like the Gata of sports news.

Talon

The entire show is predicated on Horowitz's "embrace debate" mantra in order to take contrarian view points to create debate.

It's horseshit intellectually dishonesty. At least the dumb dumbs on Fox News are true believers. The mental gymnastics that Skip goes through every year must be tiresome.

The whole network lives and breathes by it at this point, and it's tiresome, see: shoving Tebow, Lebron and Manziel down everyones' throats with made-up controversy.

"JAWS SAYS THIS ABOUT X"
"SKIP DISAGREES WITH JAWS ABOUT X"
"LET'S BRING SKIP AND JAWS TOGETHER TO TALK ABOUT X"

From last week, Shamarko Thomas. Aka Shamarknado aka Headache aka Next Badass in Waiting.

yUudGn0.gif

that seems like a very dangerous play for that safety to be coming up like that. either of those WR's takes the route down the field and that's probably a TD with no help over the top. but maybe the design of the play was a zone/man combo of some type and that RB was his responsibility

Tom Penny

Helped my buddy shingle his roof. No wonder they hire degenerates and crack heads or whomever to do that shit. Fuck carrying bundles of shingles and nailing them in on piping hot roof all day. You couldn't pay me enough to do that 40 hours a week.

Bowser

OMG so the opening of Madden 15 sold me on this game, definitely going to purchase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92Db0Z0jm8

THEY THROW YOU RIGHT IN AS CAROLINA IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME VS SEATTLE TO LEAD THE GAME WINNING DRIVE

AND CAM NEWTON YOUR BOY ACE BOOGIE IS THE NARRATOR FOR THE OPENING SEQUENCE

SOLD SOLD SOLD

BUY BUY BUY

Top Bottom